It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love does not exist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
You can't criticize love when it's society that's destroying it. Not love's fault.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
UH OH! Someone needs a big hug! *Hugs empireofpain*

And there's plenty more where that came from buddy!
All I know is my folks have been together for centuries
and they still love each other, I'm the youngest in my family and I'm 24 so that gives you an indication for how long they've been married. Who knows what they get up to, I don't want to.
I have now been with my girlfriend for 4 years and I'm not going anywhere and neither is she, as far as I know....
Paranoia is another reason why lots of relationships go South so I'll not go there.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
sorry, couldn't help it-

OP, do you believe in Hate?

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Signals]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I've been wondering the same thing lately...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by empireofpain

who says love has anything to do with marriage? or kids? that is what we are brainwashed to believe. that love comes from outside of ourselves.

love has nothing to do with any of these things.. which is why we all are empty and continue to search and search for love and happiness.

true love comes ONLY from within. it comes from being at peace and in harmony with everybody and everything around you. when you love yourself and are fully connected to life then and only then can you fully love life and everything that is a part of it.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
You can't criticize love when it's society that's destroying it. Not love's fault.

too right, the libido has taken over for a good while and will be the force for a long time too come.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Love certainly does exist, its the definition of true love which is at fault.

True Love has to be unconditional in every way, if you Love someone with your whole being, then you Love enough to allow that Love to find true happiness, even if that Love does not want to be with you, to Love enough to allow that Love to exist without you, to want that Love to exist at any cost to yourself, even if it means you have to let it go.

Love is every single emotion that has and ever will exist all rolled into one, Love can tear out your heart and also fill it so much you feel you are going to break into millions of tiny pieces, it has made the most fearsome of Men melt into worthless babbling fools who have lost empires as well as their lives so that the Love they had could continue to exist.

Love is Adoration is need is fulfilment of the highest level, Love is the most powerful force that can exist within Humanity itself, without Love we feel we are nothing, yet we seek it out all our lives because we can feel it, and like the most potent of drugs once we get hooked we want more and more of it.

Love is give and take, often giving more than taking, it is understanding, it is comforting, it is heartbreaking yet we never stop seeking its effects, we try sometimes to run from it, but what we are really running from is our fear of it ending, so some try to avoid it altogether, only to end up seeking its comfort in many forms, be it the beauty of a Flower, or the dazzling display of the the night sky, to gasp at the wonders before us is to Love, to shed a tear for another, to make Love to your partner wanting to please them more than your own pleasure is Love.

Love however to often becomes confused with Lust, with greed, with slavery, what does anyone really want from Love?

You can never take true Love, you can never steal it or own it, you can only live it, it is not a possession nor something to hold, but something to behold.

When you find true unconditional Love, then you know its there even if only for a moment when you want to climb to the highest place on Earth and scream at the World how you feel, tell the World of this magnificent emotion which fills your entire existence with passion and wonder, yet all to often we throw it away, only realising at the moment its gone just how wonderful it was and the epiphany passes through your mind to the moment you lost it.

Love never leaves you, you just become tolerant to its greatness, when the withdrawal takes hold it becomes hard to keep your life going in any direction and with any meaning, we strive to survive that time when we feel death is the only way to end the feelings inside, we want the World to leave us be, we want to wallow in the feelings just as much as we want them to go away, yet the only way for that to happen is time.

Take comfort in the Love you had and deep down still have, it never really goes away, it fades into the background as a distant memory we both want to forget and remember.

Love certainly does exist, its how we find it that becomes the problem.

Never stop searching, it is there, its how we grasp it that makes all the difference between finding true Love and finding something to fill in the gaps, you can never direct Love it has to take its own path into anyone's heart, when it arrives without the want or the conditions of requirement, then you have true unconditional Love, its how you nurture it and allow it to grow that decides on how long it stays within your heart and not your head.

Your head will tell you anything you want to hear, your heart will never lie to you.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
"Love" exists in the form of the chemical Oxytocin:

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
To say does not exist, only means you don't know or understand what it is.
There are different kinds of love and different levels.
Love is shared and can not exist between a living thing and an object, like and love are two seprate things.
You cannot make someone love you.
Love is unconditional and free.
Love is a comittment, always.
Love is always being there ,rich or poor, in sickness or health, for better or worse.
Maybe you don't believe in love because you never experienced it at any level, or you never appreciated any love you had. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
Maybe you don't believe in love because you never experienced it at any level, or you never appreciated any love you had.

Still does not prove to me it exists.

If you think your eating chocolate like experience is love, thats good for you, but many do not want to know.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I've buried my grandfather today.
I was there when he died last Wednesday. I was there when he got sick. I was with him and my grandmother at least twice a week for the last 2 years. Every day the last month.

During this time, my grandmother was always there. Every day, any day for the last 61 years and 6 months.
She never left his side and she was there when he when he exhausted the last air from the last breath he took.

She was devastated from his passing as well as today at his funeral.

She is 84 years old but I still see her blush when my grandpa says something naughty.
She always giggles after while saying his name.

I hope she will be fine and moves on. I'll be there to help her if she needs any.
I will try to comfort here when I see she suffers from grief.

It is way out of my understanding and difficult to comfort the pain from 61 years old friendship that has so abruptly ended. I will try. And I am not alone.

What my grandparents had was love. I try and I will work because I love here. I don't need anything in return. My family does this to out of love.

If you think love does not exist then you have never known true love.
Love within a marriage, within a family and beyond the grave. Unconditional.
I've seen it all at this single day.

Now go get yourself someone to love. While you still can.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Love exist its just that when overwhelmed by finances-health-success level-confidence and personal issues that it becomes something else. See if people could just meet that right person and be thankful with them only many divorces wouldnt occure. But society is based on MONEY so much most pick their spouses by the level of financial success they have obtained which is unfair because there are many good people that would create powerful marriages but dont have the funds and are usually thrown to the side line by those willing to get that money. I speak of money being the main topic that interfers with love because it does.

Look @ all the powerful men for example older 1z to be exact but some younger also participate. Today you see men 20, 30 sometimes 40 yrs older then the women on their arms and both the men and women are guilty if those relationships dont work. Because the man knows no matter how old he is that his money will get him the baddest chick, just as the younger woman knows that yea hes old and yea may be very distant health wise but atleast he is rich so the ladies go in all the way knowing internally that they will not be with that older man once they figure out how to reach his money w/o them LOL THE IRONY.

So again LOVE exist its just tainted as everything else seems to be down on this sphere and the sad thing is many good people are overlooked everyday just because of money, smh very sad.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I want to get married but to some marriage is nothing but a silly ceremony.

Silly ceremony my arse... It's actually a contract. Thinking about getting married?? Think again.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

That is a very sweet story of love and I am sorry about your grandfather. I hope your grandmother finds some comfort in the love they shared since she is unable to be with him. I love to hear stories of people who have been together as long as they were, it gives me hope. I like how you said she giggled after saying his name, it made me smile.
It was a different time back then, people worked through their problems and seemed to truly give their all in relationships now people just divorce. If I love someone, I love all of them, faults and all.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Smokey the bandit burns out again...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Love exists but it's a choice and a sacrifice. If you're feeling some sort of ecstasy that could be categorized loosely as "pleasure", it's not love.

If you make a conscious decision to extend your ego to include another person, that in all choices you make you will choose as if their well-being is on equal par with your own, then you have discovered love.

It's actually quite simple and requires no emotional "magic". It's just a choice. But nevertheless one many seem to find difficult.

Good things come out of it, but it itself is a sacrifice requiring some ego renunciation. Love is not "fun". That is either lust or comaraderie, which are often present with love but not necessarily, and if one seeks after that in lieu of making the choice of love then one is missing the point.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I want to get married but to some marriage is nothing but a silly ceremony.

Silly ceremony my arse... It's actually a contract. Thinking about getting married?? Think again.

Did I say I would have a legal marriage? I would like a ceremony yes but I don't necessarily want a traditional wedding.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I am on the fence about love. Having lived through a failed marriage, I'm guarded and jaded, but would like to believe it's possible.

It's not easy to find couples out there who are truly happy, couples who aren't together yet bicker and treat each other like crap on a regular basis. They are out there; they do exist. There's just not a lot of them.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Love is a feeling that comes from an idea:this person make me happy, takes care of me, protect me and tats good for me...i wanna be with him/her. and this feeling makes you act. It's interaction

depression: things are gonna get worse...
anxiety;and there's nothing i will be able to do to prevent it

Love makes you depressed !
she will leave,i,ll be alone and thats terrible for me

love is not something alive. make love happen.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
By the way could you imagine living with 3-4 wifes..GEEZ..in thisbureaucratic world ...TPTB would turn insane.That's why it's forbidden.Also you could end up having a sindicate at home.Who wants that ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join