It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Warns It Cannot Guard Arizona Section of Border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

BH, I concede!

Can I just copy that and put it in my signature?

Seriously, I feel STRONGLY that we at ATS need to do extra research on items like this. If we just read the "news" and repeat it here, we're no better than the MSM we're parroting. ATS is BETTER than MSM. That's the whole point! Posting a story from newsmax, because it serves some agenda, without looking further makes us no better than the worst "news" outlets or blogs.

And I think ATS is better than that.

Regardless of when this started, it is still here and happening. If there is any part of the border that is closed off to patrol, then that is wrong, especially when our government seems to be so vigilant with security, only when it meets their needs.

My intent behind posting this thread was to show how much of a sham all of these other security measures are. My intent was to show the fear mongering by our government to suit a political agenda. For the purpose of this thread, I care not when it started, only that it is happening. Had I have been aware of the situation back then, I would have thought the same thing that I think now.

I agree this may be making the news now to support some political agenda or to keep our minds off of the real raping of this country, but I figure most intelligent ATS members would look past that in the first place. Again, it doesn't matter when this started, only that it is happening now.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

$664,000,000,000 being spent in 2010 on the U.S. Defense budget.

But yet we still cant find a way to secure our own borders???

These are ridiculous times people. We care more about the deserts
of Iraq and Afghanistan, than the land that our own citizens live on.

Fed = Fail

[edit on 17-6-2010 by ozlee] because I type too fast without spell checking.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by ozlee]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

I wonder why they aren't Mexican. Or maybe they're fair-skinned Mexicans. I do know one of those, her name is Tina. She is full-blooded Mexican but with blonde hair, blue eyes and flesh-colored skin.

In the mid to late 19th century, a lot of Germans migrated to Mexico, throwing a lot of German influences on the culture of Mexico, as surprising as that may seem. Even Mexican beer stems from Germany, when the Germans brought their recipes with them to start the breweries, some of the same ones that we are familiar with today.

The Germans assimilated well into Mexican society and began to take on Mexican wives, if not just raising pure German families, making a fairly large percent of fair-skinned Mexicans, some with blonde hair and blue/green eyes. Most of these "gringo" Mexicans live in the south of the country, though they certainly aren't limited to that area.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Aztlan will soon be in full effect

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Reply to post by name pending

No the average us citizen would not think it were a police state if obama deployed soldiers. This site gives americans a very bad rap. We really are not that paranoid...but then again just look at the people this site attracts. Some of the topics and fantasies people create on here for attention never fail to blow my mind.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by name pending

""""""""""You know what it's laughable, if Obama deploys soldiers these same people would be screaming to the top of their lungs that army is deployed against US citizens. They will say Obama turned USA into police state and blah blah."""""""""

If he used the army correctly in this situation, not many people would see the army because they would be where they are needed, on the border pushing these goons back. Personally I think we the people should be the ones to take our borders back. To bad I live way the heck up here in MN or I would be right there in that zone patrolling myself. Its sad how pathetic our country has become, we've lost our spine to Mexico how sad is that. By the government sitting back and doing nothing at all about this will eventually back fire in their faces.............. To bad its going to back fire in innocent peoples faces first who have no real control over the situation.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
The Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is warning people in the Arizona Desert with 13 signs about the dangers of drug and human smuggling on the border.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c36a2a0faf43.jpg[/atsimg]
This is the sign you'll see.

I am ashamed to be an American right now, this is un-acceptable!
second line....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have a question for everyone to ponder.
What if the warning to stay away from this area in AZ is not for armed illegals , but a cover up for something else???

Im not giving any theory's , its just my paranoid and suspicious mind!!
I have a lot of interest in this story cuz I was born and raized in yuma only about 200 mile from there..

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
do you wanna know why I think arizona can go eff itself?
because someone felt this needed to happen in this exact way

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Isn't this what all you NRA members go on about needing a well armed militia for? Here's your opportunity to flex your rights. First time in 198 years or something....

Well off you go, we'll send food and stuff when we can. You'll just need your gun and ammo. Good luck.

Since the National Guard (who have A10's and F16's and stuff - a really WELL armed militia) are being deployed overseas fighting to keep the oil elite in bon-bons, and it's completely against your principals to allow the actual Army (evil big government forces) to defend you on home soil, you'd best be off before it gets too ugly. Your country needs you. Get, get, get. No infringement was made on your right to bear arms. Now get yourself down there and bear your arms.

Hooray, your NRA dues being put to use, rather than endless lobbying.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Hi jam321,

Hmm very interesting perspective. So Zeta is the name of a Mexican gang. That's good to know.

www.newsweek.com...

Well now wouldn't it be an ugly thing to turn one's back while solicitors and vendors in the USA are driving around with straw in the back of their trucks looking for buyers? Why not just go purchase guns and grenades from the White Elephant or Bob's Brass Bullets? Well if ya don't have the right to be here legally then, yeah okay, I can see it. Oh course the weapons that were confiscated are going to be marked so that they can be identified as purchased in the U.S. How else would a trumped up story about how it's Obama's fault for not tightening security on arms selling and trading, how else would the story get pushed through so fast?

The source you found linked to the weapon seizure story is a mainstream source, I believe. It reaches a mass audience, sure, but I haven't checked out what their motives for delivering the news are. Just sayin'.

Oh yes the images in the vid DO look familiar. It appears that the photos from www.rogerhedgecock.com... were taken from the vid that you posted. Great investigative work!!! I'm impressed.

Something about the contents of the vid caught my attention, the photo of the body (can't tell if his heads still there or not) of a white Caucasian male lying in the brush (which btw is an id in itself - after all, Arizona horticulture is going to be different than Nuevo Leons horticulture)...

And here's a screen shot of the same body (I assume) taken from the video. One is clear - by an alternative news source and the other is fuzzy - by a mainstream news source.

The vid where the photo above was taken from (the vid that you posted, thanks again)....

www.youtube.com...#!

I wonder who the person laying down is...what if he's an American dude? If so then who shot him? Wish I had more details on this situation. It seems suspicious to me. And, being an American citizen, I think it's my duty to question these kinds of things.

Toni

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Antoniastar]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
And a smaller version of the pic taken from the vid...

I am unable to add it to my original post for some reason.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think someone might be in the works, because some police officers/agents I know around here just suddenly got shipped off to Arizona last week.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
That's is mind blowing!

The most powerful military presence in the world can't secure their own borders...

It's almost as if they want the invasion. And if they don't do anything about it, then WE will be forced to do so as the area may get bigger by the day. Obama kinda blew off the immigration issue. I guess he's too busy to do his job. It almost feels like they are pushing us into an open conflict with Mexico. They have always found ways to turn people on each other, resulting in violent clashes. It would also play into their depopulation agenda. And since we or the warring factions will have had to initiate it, the PTB can, again, claim deniability.
Didn't them buttholes already deploy drones in Texas? Perhaps we can slip a few to the problem areas instead of protecting our CIA coke boats?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Antoniastar

I doubt he was an american but according to the official story

When the helicopters were about 4 kilometers away, fifty of the killers fled into the brush. They left behind over 200 rifles, amongst them r-15 and ak-47, 60 granades cellphones and 12 stolen vehicles...

...One man to obese to run hid with gun in hand under some bushes, about 500 meters from the camp. When the soldiers spotted him he tried shooting but a hail of bullets stopped him. He was the only casualty in the area.

Translated from here:

Ejército revienta “narco-campamento” en Nuevo León

If he was an american he was not one of the good guys.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
For one I'm glad there not doing this. Hopefully the rest of my family could come through without no problems or fear of getting shot like the recent TJ boarder incident. Viva la raza.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
American citizens need to just start taking action themselves. The government is too incompetent to protect our country and is showing that it can't even run it correctly. They don't do anything about the border because they want to make themselves look better while screwing over the average citizen. Do you think any government official would just leave their house doors open or windows open to allow anyone to just barge in and take advantage of anything they wish? Well, that's what they apparently want for our borders.

If the government is so incompetent, take the situation into your own hands. I would ignore that law if I lived in Arizona and would gladly hide out in that area and protect the border myself if I felt the government will not do their job and defend it properly. It's starting to reach the breaking point and things can just get worse with a poorly defended border. Bet an attack on a US city would quickly change the minds of the rest of the population who think it's fine how it is. Only once people start dying due to any invader looking to harm us will people finally open their eyes...but then I am sure they'll blame government, only after it happens.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Couldn't Arizona's State legislators, pass a bill recalling all state national guardsmen that are deployed abroad?

It seems the logical thing to do, to deal with this problem.

Isn't that what the states national guard is designed for, dealing with a problem that overwhelms the State troopers and other police agencies.

Because that's what that sign is telling everybody, we have a problem that's out of control for the resources that we have on hand and in the field.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordTacosBet an attack on a US city would quickly change the minds of the rest of the population who think it's fine how it is. Only once people start dying due to any invader looking to harm us will people finally open their eyes...

Yeah an attack like 9/11. Butt guess what mam, they did not come through the Mexican border they flew here and other came in through Canada. So why do you think they will come though Mexico to attack the us. Likely that would not happen.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

Couldn't Arizona's State legislators, pass a bill recalling all state national guardsmen that are deployed abroad?

No, the President of the United States is their Commander in Chief while they are federalized and they must be federalized before being deployed. However, if the state Governor declares a state of emergency, he may mobilize the NG forces within his own state.

--airspoon

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join