It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Really Discovered America?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Atlantis was a story preserved by the Egyptians and recorded by Solon then passed on to Plato.

Man has erred in interpreting the stories and have come up with a poor image of what atlantis was. Atlantis was north america and as for evidence?

There are many cultures in North America and South. There are more pyramids in the Americas that anywhere else. These cultures and their building, astronomy, and their ways of living were much more 'advanced' and civilized compared to the Europeans.

If you research the Aztlan peoples of the north Americas you will that they built their cities in water with concentric circles somewhat described by the ancient texts of the east.

If you think Atlantis was some futuristic city with crystals and laser beams that it is your poor interpretations and imagination that has left the truth impoverished in your mind.

Here is the Piris Ries map showing north america drawn before the sailing of Columbus. It has been said that Columbus and or the templars had a copies from one of the source maps and had know before sailing that a great continent exists.

and now the ancient chinese map showing the americas. As you can see that the mapped the rivers inland. It also shows signs of a more flooded coastline.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Shadow Herder]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

what required is EVIDENCE !!

Without any EVIDENCE, nothing is proven.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill

Look at all the ancient buildings and cultures in North and south America. Hundreds of pyramids, cultures, pottery etc. What are you looking for as evidence.... a "Welcome to Atlantis" city sign?

Atlantis is a name used in the east and not the inhabitants of the North/South Americas. If you goto a tribe in Africa that has not seen outsiders, I dont think they will call them selves africans.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Dont say this out too loud that Atlantis is in America or His Majesty AeJor_Mn, who is the rightful heir to the throne of Atlantis, who is of royal Atlantean Bloodline, Who is a True Atlantean seer, who found out his sunken kingdom in the Ocean, will get wild, mad at you!!!

His Majesty AeJor_Mn and his Royal Kingdom

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

I can see why you are confused. Your sources are jokes and unbacked fantasies.

According to many, many sources from diversified fields, the Atlantean corpus of knowledge was preserved, albeit in a scattered form, by its survivors. The only historical account of Atlantis that ever made its way into the public was from the Greek philosopher Plato, and modern researchers still draw off of his writings when investigating the subject. According to Plato’s account, Atlantis disappeared in a sudden cataclysm that caused it to sink beneath the sea.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The topic is..... Who really discovered America and the answer is NOT COLUMBUS.

So American history is false which doesnt surprise anyone with intelligence.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
There has been some talk/writings discussing the possibility that ancient Polynesians may have come to South America just prior to the advent of tribes from North America. They were, the theory goes, wiped out by the new comers...

I'll see if I can find some linkage to this...

ETA: Here's the link...Chickens

Bottom of the page.

That'll get you started.

[edit on 6/14/2010 by seagull]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It's pretty evident that Columbus wasn't actually the first to 'discover' America as there were natives already inhabiting the region.

Columbus is relevant because he marks the incipience of the European influx.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Hmmm...not false, exactly. Just convenient. Most of Europe, at least the seafaring folk knew North America was there. Basque fishermen had been fishing the Cod grounds off of Canada's east coast for generations. The Welsh, and Irish knew of it. Maybe even the Knights Templar (for you CT'ers out there) came. It's a virtual who's who of Europe and Asia, and Africa in North America. Name a coastal seafaring group, and they probably came here.

Even when I was in school, Columbus discovering America was given more than just a little "wink and a nod"... ...and this was back in the seventies, late sixties, so even then most folks were giving the Columbus story the "yeah, right" treatment.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tetrahedron

read the links at my post about serra Da capivara/Pedra Furada. There is a Documentary on it also. In it they state that the Serra Da capivara Settlements could be via Polynesia.

I will try to put up some videos of the documentaries soon.

Edit to add the BBC wesbsite link

The hunt for the first Americans

[edit on 14/6/10 by coredrill]

[edit on 14/6/10 by coredrill]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill

Indeed...and the only evidence of a preColumian European presence is at L'ans aux Meadows in Newfoundland, although studies at Red Bay, Labrador seem hopeful in showing early Basque fishermen got there before Columbus.

As I keep saying, the bar is held high, and there is a reason for that.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
and now the ancient chinese map showing the americas. As you can see that the mapped the rivers inland. It also shows signs of a more flooded coastline.

Can you give us the citation for the Chinese map, please?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

thanks for the source on that menzies rebuttal. it was a good read as well. I have no problem retracting my statement that it was "thoroughly researched" but i stand by the fact that it was well written and a good read.

Without evidentiary support it becomes obvious that it might be more fantasy than fiction, but again the point is to expand your mind and think outside the box.

Also it is pretty hard to refute the dna evidence as it relates to the "native americans" as well as the out of place flora/fauna.

Regardless, it makes no difference who "discovered" america first, the evidence is abundant that it was not some "unknown" place before columbus came along. What the arrival of columbus really marks is the beginning of a brutal and oppressive empire building conquest of the Americas, in which the rightful inhabitants were stripped of their lives, land, and property.

Which is something that, i personally, can not stand behind.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Here is the Piris Ries map showing north america drawn before the sailing of Columbus.

The Piri Re'is map was drawn in 1513. Colombus sailed in 1492

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

It's here

Antiquities collector Liu Gang unveiled the map in Beijing on Monday, saying it proves that Chinese seafarer Zheng He discovered America more than 70 years before Christopher Columbus set foot in the New World.

The map depicts all of the continents, including a small Australia, a roughed-out North America, and Antarctica.

An inscription identifies the map as a copy made in 1763 of an original drawn in 1418.

Also of interest are other alleged Chinese maps I've not as yet read Charlotte Harris Rees's book.

I do think it's entirely plausible that the Chinese did reach N America before Colombus.

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Essan]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
some south american indigenious folk look slightly far eastern in appearance, and russians had to have found alaska long before anyone due to being only 50 miles away over ice

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

It's here

Antiquities collector Liu Gang unveiled the map in Beijing on Monday, saying it proves that Chinese seafarer Zheng He discovered America more than 70 years before Christopher Columbus set foot in the New World.

The map depicts all of the continents, including a small Australia, a roughed-out North America, and Antarctica.

An inscription identifies the map as a copy made in 1763 of an original drawn in 1418.

With all due respect to National Geographic, it was pretty easy to find a rebuttal to those assertions:

I remain convinced that this "1763/1418" map is a 21st-century fake. It was certainly produced by someone educated in simplified characters (meaning under the PRC in the last 50 years) and the purpose of the map is to support the Menzies thesis (and so it was produced within the last four years). I have incorporated, along with my own thoughts, some comments and observations from Jin Guo-ping, Zhou Zhen-he, Gong Yin-yan, and Hou Yang-fang in the following critique... mailman.geo.uu.nl...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I believe the Clovis Culture was first.

And i believe they were the first Europeans.
And were Solutreans

The Solutreans were from France and Spain.

Now if they can just find a skeleton with DNA of the Clovis culture.
en.wikipedia.org...

I believe SHTF for the Clovis Culture as a impact event wiped them out.
en.wikipedia.org...
allendale-expedition.net...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I believe the Clovis Culture was first.

And i believe they were the first Europeans.
And were Solutreans

The Solutreans were from France and Spain.

Now if they can just find a skeleton with DNA of the Clovis culture.
en.wikipedia.org...

I believe SHTF for the Clovis Culture as a impact event wiped them out.
en.wikipedia.org...
allendale-expedition.net...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

see link and comments
.. hope this adds fuel to the discussion. i personally don't give a hoot whatsoever who discovered the americas and i'm wondering what do these people who care a lot about this think they're doing. are they trying to make a religion out of this? in the same way that jesus or mohammad or buddha or whoever discovered divine enlightenment and gave humans the basics of compassion, what?

<< 1    3  4 >>

join