It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People sign "I am a moron" petition without reading headline

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This is funny, but it is also very sad. These people actually sign a petition stating that they are a moron, not only do they NOT read the petition, they don't even read the title of the thing. It goes to show you that some people really will do anything if you feed them the right lines.

www.youtube.com...

A prime example of sheeple if ever there was one.

I have no clue how to embed a video...sorry.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I've actually stumbled upon this video earlier, I thought it was hilarious.

It just goes to show people's inability to be able to be fully aware of their surroundings as well as what's going on at all times. Some people just zone out and not be able to fully use common sense, I guess.

But I also think that a lot of people were willing to trust this guy, even though some things he was saying were pretty ridiculous, if you ask me. He looked like a decent and honest invididual, so they signed the petition due to that. Some are just so busy with their life and lethargic towards anything else outside of their realm of reality, that they just sign it quickly to get by to their lives.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Why are people so dumb? This is why our government is allowed to be so corrupt. People are oblivious to facts in this nation, look, they won't even read one headline at the top of something they are signing and stating their date of birth.

Pathetic

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Wow, that was too funny... and tragic at the same time. This video just goes to show how mindless people have become, walking around brain dead from all of the pharmaceuticals, like zombies.

--airspoon

p.s. Did you guys see the extra "large" lady in front of the Godiva store? That was funny in of itself.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ReAlIzAtIoN

He looked like a decent and honest invididual, so they signed the petition due to that.

That in itself is a huge part of the problem with politics today, we end up with nicely dressed crooks with bright shiny smiles in our government.

reply to post by ventian

Why are people so dumb?

I think this thread gives us a clue as to the why. Even though it's really no excuse.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I have passed petitions to ban Dihydrogen Monoxide.
And got people to sign it all day and no one ever caught on.

I have also seen tables full of petitions at Sierra Club meeting that the members
Just went down the line and signed without reading. Many did not even say on them what the petition was for.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

But all of that cool aid...errr...fluoride is good for their teeth and they really need that (drug of choice here) to get through the day.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Alright so what does this prove? What I believe it proves is that we are all fools. It isn't hard to fool anyone. Some people may catch this and miss something even more obvious. People are fools or people can be fooled.
Done deal.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I have passed petitions to ban Dihydrogen Monoxide.
And got people to sign it all day and no one ever caught on.

You should have added the "I am a moron" clause to that one.

I have also seen tables full of petitions at Sierra Club meeting that the members
Just went down the line and signed without reading. Many did not even say on them what the petition was for.

Guess we know where the "support" comes from on many of the outrageously stupid bills that get passed.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Very true, we see it happen right before our eyes here on ATS all the time. You can fool all of the people some of the time, but you can fool some of the people all of the time....sad...but too true.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I recall seeing a video of a guy going out to collect signatures to end Women's Suffrage. And he used lines like that it has been an ongoing condition since 1920 in the US to get different women to sign. He took some men's signatures but really focused on the women in the crowds to champion the cause.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

Wow...sheeple indeed

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
That is totally amazing, I can't stop laughing.

Number 1 rule: NEVER sign anything before reading !

Could this explain how some people get elected ? lol

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I think most people are in too big a hurry to stop and read a petition, especially one that is presented to them on the street. They just think in their busy mind "this must be a good thing or they wouldn't be here" and they sign it. I sign a lot of petitions online but I ready them carefully because I have made mistakes in the past. We have all had our "moran" moments, lol.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I usually don't sign petitions unless I agree with them and I look over them and see what they say. There was a person who handed me a petition to sign to end the Afghan war- which I signed. I asked them if they believed that the soldiers there should not defend themselves, and, she said of course she didn't believe that- and that she did believe they could defend themselves, so I signed it. But you always have to be careful about what you're signing- and if you really agree with the aims of the petition that you sign. I think that sometimes people are too generous for their own good and they lend out help for a cause they don't agree with. I haven't watched the video yet but I guess that's what happened.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SheaWolf

Lol.. even what he's saying to them while they sign it, he's sarcastically calling them all morons "Solar panels, help uh, reduce strain on the power-grid, uh, help with literacy" lol.. Or the guys that even looked like they read the petition and still signed it.. ah .. great stuff.

Not really fair it was in California though .. we knew they were morons to begin with.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Very few people read anything they sign, especially when they have someone who is explaining to them what the petition is about.

I work in an industry where every person that participates in the activity has to sign a waiver. I just tell them they need to sign it and they do. 1 in 100 read it.

I never read terms and conditions when I sign up for anything ... who has the time?! I know that if I ever have it come back and sting me that I can challenge it and in most cases win, or ... I have to wear it.

How many of you read the terms and conditions when they signed up to ATS?

This would have been funny if people read it and then signed it ... but that would not have been all that surprising either ...

Look at how much we believe just because we read it ... Religious literature is a great example.

[edit on 7/6/10 by Horza]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I watched this and a couple other of his videos...
One problem I had with this is he never showed the paper people were signing.
So how do you know all of the people were actually signing what he told you they were?

Anyway I believe a lot of people are lacking enough common sense to sign this paper without reading it. Though personally I couldn't ever see myself doing this unless I was highly under the influence. Why would you sign for something before reading it? It makes no sense to me...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
If you think this only applies to petitions think again.

Many polls are worded to trap the unwary into support thing they never would.

The Anti gun people are very good at doing polls that they use to support there cause.

An example they will do a poll on banning automatic weapons.
but then they will claim that there poll shows support for banning semi auto weapons.
Why they get away with this is many do not know the difference and to the anti gun people there is no difference.

One group did a poll in Calif on banning what they called cop killer bullets because these bullets could penetrate vests.
The people doing the poll showed a shot-up Korean war vintage military flak vest that was never designed to stop bullets.
www.omahas.com...

What they wanted was people support banning all ammo that would penetrate this non bullet proof vest.
This would have been everything bigger then a 22LR.

Guite a few military veterans told this group that they were misrepresenting a flak vest as a bullet proof vest but this group did not care because it was there plan all along.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by ANNED]

new topics

top topics

join