It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That We Live In A Police State. Pics from event in my hometown.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm not trying to take away from your feelings about this experience. But the intimidation factor wasnt meant for you, a freedom loving enlightened citizen. There were trying to scare the "bad guy". They were trying to defuse a potentially deadly situation. If they scared the criminal into surrending. There would be no need to potentially have bullets flying around your peaceful town. The way the raid was described by you and the article is exactly why I did not become a police officer. I do not agree with the tactics that they use most of the time. That whole shebang could have went down alot quicker and smoother with different training and leadership. With a different approach you do not disturb the lives of the people your sworn to protect for so long. I work on a rural county 911 ambulance. So i work closely with police officers.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I wondered what the definition of "Police State" was so I looked it up on the web. I know that wikipedia isn't the best source but they had the following definition.

"The term police state describes a state in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic and political life of the population. A police state typically exhibits elements of totalitarianism and social control, and there is usually little or no distinction between the law and the exercise of political power by the executive.

The inhabitants of a police state experience restrictions on their mobility, and on their freedom to express or communicate political or other views, which are subject to police monitoring or enforcement. Political control may be exerted by means of a secret police force which operates outside the boundaries normally imposed by a constitutional state."

Link

Yes, there were a lot of policed looking for an escaped criminal but I hardly think that your assertion that this is proof that we live in a police state. Your freedoms were not restricted in any way. I think that you are over reacting to a police presence while the police were looking for an escaped convict.

Last weekend, I was making a long drive in my beat up truck. I got pulled over. (I think it was a routine stop to look for drunks.) I had been doing some construction and both me and my truck looked pretty bad. I was polite to the officer and actually told him that I appreciated him looking out for me. Result, no fixit ticket for my cracked wind shied, no running my license, just a little friendly talk between me and the officer and then I'm on my way.

I could have acted paranoid and been belligerent about the reason for my stop and most likely I'd have a fixit ticket with things that I can't afford to fix right now.

My approach to the police has always been and will remain to be, friendly. Most of the time the cops let me go.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rakkasansct

Still doesn't explain why they shot round of teargas into a house with no one home.

Doesn't explain the use of an Army helicopter, and at least three military troops.

Doesn't explain how the guy escaped in the first place, if he was soo damn dangerous.

Doesn't explain the guy I saw being taken away in the back of the cop car. Not back towards Conejos County Jail, but the other direction.

And what's up with all the military hardware? Guys with masks.

The cops even dress like hoodlums. Yuk!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
I wondered what the definition of "Police State" was so I looked it up on the web. I know that wikipedia isn't the best source but they had the following definition.

"The term police state describes a state in which the government exercises rigid and repressive controls over the social, economic and political life of the population. A police state typically exhibits elements of totalitarianism and social control, and there is usually little or no distinction between the law and the exercise of political power by the executive.

The inhabitants of a police state experience restrictions on their mobility, and on their freedom to express or communicate political or other views, which are subject to police monitoring or enforcement. Political control may be exerted by means of a secret police force which operates outside the boundaries normally imposed by a constitutional state."

Link

Last weekend, I was making a long drive in my beat up truck. I got pulled over. (I think it was a routine stop to look for drunks.)

My approach to the police has always been and will remain to be, friendly. Most of the time the cops let me go.

That right there, is harrassment. I beg people to go back and study history, or watch a Naomi Wolf vid;

This show of excessive force, is happening all over the country. Only if those within the system revolt, can there be less, or no bloodshed.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by OurskiesRpoisoned]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

You're right. I could have considered it harassment. I could have raised a big stink. But I chose instead to be a nice guy and the officer was a nice guy right back.

He's on a lonely stretch of the interstate trying to prevent drunks from killing innocent people. I actually appreciate the job he is doing and don't care about the fact that he inconvenienced me for 5 minutes.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You did wear the flag backwards or you wasn't wearing it right.

There are to many people who was or still is in the military on this site. When you start making that kind of stuff up you will be called out on it. Don't say you was in if you wasn't.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned
reply to post by rakkasansct

Still doesn't explain why they shot round of teargas into a house with no one home.

Doesn't explain the use of an Army helicopter, and at least three military troops.

Doesn't explain how the guy escaped in the first place, if he was soo damn dangerous.

Doesn't explain the guy I saw being taken away in the back of the cop car. Not back towards Conejos County Jail, but the other direction.

And what's up with all the military hardware? Guys with masks.

The cops even dress like hoodlums. Yuk!

Round of tear gas with no one home? They had a report armed subject was in home. Tried to bring him down with non-lethal force.

Military hardware? guys with masks? For the tear gas. Tear gas is equal oppurtunity can't arrest a bad guy if your choking, gagging, and cant see.

Other military hardware? they use a military type rifle. Best gear to hold ammo and carry equipment? Military type hardware.

Army chopper? No state police helicopter available. They want the observation and subject tracking abilities of a small, quick chooper. 3 military men or women on board? A pilot, copilot, and possibly a crew chief.
Have no idea bout arresting a subject. Just trying to give a different view of what they were doing.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Yep, when the public stops policing the cops, then things happen like this.

and this

and this

and this

and this

and stories like this

Scandal at San Francisco police lab may unravel hundreds of cases
After criminologist admits stealing drugs, officials discover a past conviction that should have been disclosed before she testified at trials. The D.A., an attorney general candidate, scrambles to change policy and review old cases.

articles.latimes.com...

Two longtime Hollywood police officers fired earlier this year after allegations they falsified records in a police-involved crash were arrested Wednesday on criminal charges in that case.

articles.sun-sentinel.com...

A Glenpool man who was freed from prison because of a grand jury investigation into police corruption is suing Tulsa Police Department for wrongful imprisonment and on allegations that it allowed officers to use fake informants to gain drug convictions and to secure faulty search warrants, court records show.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at www.tulsaworld.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

All those things that you reported are awful. There are police that abuse their power.

Most of the police that I have interacted with are just people. If you approach them in a friendly manor then you can avoid many problems.

I, myself, have not been abused by the police.

If I were, I'd file the appropriate complaints and try to get the situation remedied.

There are many people on this site who view all police as evil. I view police as people and some people are evil...therefore some police are evil.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The first thing I think is: Posse Comitatus.

Why do they need an army chopper? I know of agencies that have went up against some MAJOR bad actors. they pulled in neighboring swat units and county and some state guys. Maybe some FBI (yeah, these were some bad dudes).

No military involved.

The urban APC? Legit tool if you have a LEGIT problem. No need in getting good cops whacked by bad people.

all of this for ONE guy?

Horse crap.

S and F.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It looks just like local and state military exercises I've seen before.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010.

A helicopter starts circling overhead. Like any paranoid conspiracy theorist, I start to think they are there for me, as I possess a US Air Force doc. title Chemtrails. And I have written well over 500 thread here on ATS.

500 threads??? you have started 15 threads and you have less than 200 posts????

Ask the mods if you don't believe me. That as much as I'm going to say.

The freemasons will understand when they see my signature.

Thread count (13).

[edit on June 4th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
If that helicopter had been flying around my house, and then I saw that vehicle, I would have gotten in my car, busted thru the police blockade, and then drive until I ran out of gas.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranoiaFTW
If that helicopter had been flying around my house, and then I saw that vehicle, I would have gotten in my car, busted thru the police blockade, and then drive until I ran out of gas.

Excellent, thats the kind of patriotisms we need bro!!! Its too bad there is only one of us for every 5000 fluoride drinkers!

People, this is OUR COUNTRY, WAKE UP!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by paranoiaFTW

Haha, that cracked me up.

But yeah, seems like an overmeasured police operation to me. They do this, all the time. And the 500-threads thing doesn't really improve the credibility of the poster, sorry.

To my knowledge, the cops don't want to leave any room for failure, so they pull these rather ridiculous operations on perps.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
reply to post by paranoiaFTW

Haha, that cracked me up.

But yeah, seems like an overmeasured police operation to me. They do this, all the time. And the 500-threads thing doesn't really improve the credibility of the poster, sorry.

To my knowledge, the cops don't want to leave any room for failure, so they pull these rather ridiculous operations on perps.

Actually, thats what the SWAT team is for. Common man, wake up already.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
So the Army can hunt down an American citizen. Yet they cannot pickup illegal aliens crossing the border. Something is so very wrong with this picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join