It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That We Live In A Police State. Pics from event in my hometown.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I live in a small town South of Alamosa, CO, called Manassa. Manassa has a population of about 700. It's a pretty quiet area, and it's a place where I could afford to purchase a house and small piece of land to build a garden, and live in some peace while waiting for the coming Armageddon.

Manassa, is also where Ken Salazar grew up. In fact, I've done work at the family potato farm. Nice people. Most of Manassa is Mormons. I am not. Anyway, enough backstory.

Wednesday, June 2nd, 2010.

A helicopter starts circling overhead. Like any paranoid conspiracy theorist, I start to think they are there for me, as I possess a US Air Force doc. title Chemtrails. And I have written well over 500 thread here on ATS.

So I get nervous, when an unmarked, dark green (almost black) helicopter has circled over my house at least 15 times. I, of course, took pics.

In the first pic, you can see the guy in camo and a backwards flag insignia. Military!

So then the helicopter starts to circle over another area of town. 15, maybe 20 times.

Then the copter circles over my house several more time, very low, and starts to land in a park two blocks away!

The maroon car is a CO State Patrolman, who lives here in town. At this point, people are out on the street, questioning whats going on. Cops wouldn't tell us anything. They had Main St and the highway between Manassa and the next town, Romeo, shut down.

By this time my batteries in the camera were running low, so I came back to the house to grab my backup batteries. I live right on Main St, so I could see cop cars (marked and unmarked) flying back and forth. The speed limit is 25.

So I got my new batteries in, and this "thing" goes by with helmeted, armed to the teeth, cops hanging off the back and sides of this "thing". So I grabbed the camera, and ran back down to the park, about two block away. Here's some of the shots I got of the thing.

Here's a picture of them speaking to a plain clothed guy, and the one guys weapon is visible.

Can someone please tell me what that light is in the back window? Here's a shot where there is no light.

Some show the light, some don't.

I kept getting the feeling like I was getting scoped. I even saw what appeared to be a sunlight reflection off of a scope a couple of times.

The "thing" went around the block, and I could barely see them.

This is when I could see the glint of the scope. I started to get nervous, and headed back to the house..

Then, I started to heard thumps. I sounded like they were shooting gas bombs, or percussion grenades. You could feel the shockwave.

By this time, I had a battle plan in place. If they were coming to arrest me, it wasn't because I had done anything illegal, so I wasn't going in with them. Fortunately, they never came for me. About 30 minutes later, the highway was opened back up, and they were gone.

I saw an unmarked car, followed by a marked cop car, with a guy in the back, so I figured they caught whomever it was they were after. He looked like a young kid, in his early 20's. I thought, why the hell did they need 20+ cops to bring this kid down?

The next day, or yesterday, an article shows up in the nearest local newspaper in Alamosa, the Valley Courier.

MANASSA — Around 20 police officers staked out the house of the mother of Conejos County Jail escapee Shane Bagwell Wednesday afternoon for more than two hours in an attempt to bring the man, said to be a 30-year old white male, to justice.

A U.S. Army helicopter also circled the house for more than an hour between 5:15 p.m. and 6:20 p.m., manned with at least three troops and a sniper from the Colorado State Patrol aboard.

Tuesday night, according to both Gurule and Alamosa Police Chief John Jackson, information provided by informants led law enforcement to believe that Bagwell was in Manassa. The following morning, the mother’s house on the west side of 9th St. south of the intersection with Colorado Highway 142 was put under close surveillance by police.

“Containment” as well as surveillance was the term used by Gurule, “preventing people from going out or coming in” to the home.

Staying a few hundred feet on all sides of the house after 3 p.m., the Alamosa SWAT team appeared to stay on the north-south street on the east side, while officers with high-caliber rifles stayed a little farther down the street both north and south, and one or more stood out in a field north and west of the residence.

Tear gas canisters were fired into the house at 5:31, 5:33 and 5:34 p.m., and also ten minutes later. Around 6:00 p.m. more canisters were hurled into the house, the first so loud it could have been mistaken for gunfire. But, according to officers at the scene, no shots were fired during the whole stakeout.

Just after 6:00 p.m., the SWAT teams advanced to the doors and outside windows of the house, and went inside during the next two minutes. Wearing gas masks, neither Bagwell nor anyone else was found inside.

www.alamosanews.com...

The guy wasn't even there??

After they had watched the house all day, brought in the military, a State Patrol sniper, and SWAT, they guy wasn't even f&&King there...

Now, the house is boarded up..And the escapee is still on the loose..

Oh, and I know a guy who spent a couple of weekend in jail, and he said this guy was seperated from the rest, because he was a snitch.

Welcome to the police state.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by OurskiesRpoisoned]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Nobody wants to comment. Happening in your town too. Anyone not asleep from fluoride and Chemtrails?

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'm no expert on SWAT or police tactics BUT...

Does anyone find it strange US Army personnel and helicopters are being used to do police work

OP, congrats on keeping your cool, I would have ripped my shirt off and headed to the woods, AHHHHH! SHTF!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
I'm no expert on SWAT or police tactics BUT...

Does anyone find it strange US Army personnel and helicopters are being used to do police work

OP, congrats on keeping your cool, I would have ripped my shirt off and headed to the woods, AHHHHH! SHTF!!!

Exactly, what was the Army doing there? Why were the lives of other people put in danger, for one man, who wasn't even there?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Isn't it against the constitution for the military to do police work..

makes you go hmmm.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Man, This world is a crazy place. The only thing I can think of the Army being involved is a recruit went AWOL and they are looking for him.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Read the newspaper.

They were searching for an escaped convict. As for the Army helicopter, you said it is a small town. Ar there any police helicopters in that area that they can readily use? The military can't enforce laws in the US unless martial law is declared. There was a state trooper in the helicopter with the troops.

As for the backwards flag you mentioned, US flag protocol is that the stars always face forward. When the flag is worn on the right sleeve, this places the stars facing forward, and looks like it is backwards. This is nothing new, and there is nothing mysterious or suspicious about this.

And they obviously didn't know he wasn't there or they wouldn't have wasted their time there looking for him.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

OR....they hung around for some extra intelligence gathering on the OP watching from next door?

hmmmmm

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
well the news article never stated why the guy was in jail in the first place, he could be extremely violent with gang/cartel connections, then add escaping prison, you might need a little more then some cops with handguns to get him safely.

If anything instead of being paranoid and claiming a police state, you should be thankful because this guy could have been lurking right down the street from you, and for all you know you or your family could have been his next victim.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Read the newspaper.

They were searching for an escaped convict. As for the Army helicopter, you said it is a small town. Ar there any police helicopters in that area that they can readily use?

Umm, I don't need to read the newspaper, I was there.

They cased the house all day, only to fly in WWIII, shoots flash bang grenades, over six of them, and then figure out the dudes not even there.

How much time did they waste in my town putting on this massive show of force, all the while the guy is getting away.

The whole thing was massively creepy.

The military can't enforce laws in the US unless martial law is declared. There was a state trooper in the helicopter with the troops.

Why did it take three troops then? Something stinks.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-Dub

If anything instead of being paranoid and claiming a police state, you should be thankful because this guy could have been lurking right down the street from you, and for all you know you or your family could have been his next victim.

Yeah, so it took an army helicopter, swat and 20 cops to wreck his Moms house.

Like I said, the guy wasn't even there.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned

A helicopter starts circling overhead. Like any paranoid conspiracy theorist, I start to think they are there for me, as I possess a US Air Force doc. title Chemtrails. And I have written well over 500 thread here on ATS.

500 threads??? you have started 15 threads and you have less than 200 posts????

But anyway GWB did away with Posse Comitatus Act wikipedia so get used to seeing the military in our streets and neighborhoods...

I wonder what happened to this guys mom? Did they kick her out of her own home?

[edit on 4-6-2010 by LDragonFire]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The US guv has come right out and admitted the Patriot act is to be used on patriots:
vets, gun owners, truthers, homeschoolers, whistleblowers, xians etc

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Looks like someone beat me to the 15 threads comment.

Anyhoo, this seems like some paranoia to me. Not knowing anything about this guy and his legal circumstances, it would appear that these officers were going by the book and could have also taken advantage of the scenario to do some real time training. Probably the most action that some of these officers have seen in years.

Edit to add:

Good Pics though. It is nice to see some firsthand shots as they apply to a specific OP. Good Work and just take a deep breath and maybe a short vacation away from your daily chemtrail research.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

Well hopefully I can lay some of your fears to rest. As mentioned previously, yes the "backwards facing" flag has become the norm for the army. This is so it gives the appearance of flying in the wind while a soldier is walking. (kinda silly; trust me I know......)

Now on to the good bits: The helicopter in question is an OH-58, commonly called the "Kiowa" (a reconnaissance airframe) , and the folks in it are most likely the folks of the 2-135 Colorado National Guard aviation brigade. Part of their mission is working with dea and local law enforcement. Here's their website.

Hope this helps!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Originally posted by OurskiesRpoisoned

500 threads??? you have started 15 threads and you have less than 200 posts????

Ask the mods if you don't believe me. That as much as I'm going to say.

The freemasons will understand when they see my signature.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Joint effort, war on drugs?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

I starred and flagged your thread and like the above posted you did a good job on it.

Conspiracy theorists already have a bad name from the msm so IMHO its imperative that when presenting a topic to be a accurate as you can be, its a credibility issue......If conspiracies were easily proven they wouldn't be a conspiracy and if you add discrepancies its just makes it more difficult to prove a theory.

I really want to know what happened to this guys mom? Wonder if they shipped her off to gitmo....

And why would they be surprised buy no one being there after watching the home for hours? I guess the army didn't think to bring in thermal imaging.

*edit to add* I agree with the police state theme. With our war on drugs its difficult to tell the difference between cops and military....Our civilian police for has become very militarized in the last decade.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by LDragonFire]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Excellent reporting and thanks for the pictures! If I had been you there wouldn't have been a camera in my hand, maybe my AK perhaps

I would've been freaking out myself. Tac vest on, B.O.B strapped on back and armed to the teeth.
I agree this is a police state. When the military is joining law enforcement like this we have a very serious problem in AMerica. If choppers are fine with everyone how about an M1 Abrams at every traffic stop? Would that bugger you out?
Creepy as hell my friend. You had an interesting day!

That red light in the truck was a thermal imager looking for heat signatures inside buildings.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes

Well hopefully I can lay some of your fears to rest. As mentioned previously, yes the "backwards facing" flag has become the norm for the army. This is so it gives the appearance of flying in the wind while a soldier is walking. (kinda silly; trust me I know......)

Now on to the good bits: The helicopter in question is an OH-58, commonly called the "Kiowa" (a reconnaissance airframe) , and the folks in it are most likely the folks of the 2-135 Colorado National Guard aviation brigade. Part of their mission is working with dea and local law enforcement. Here's their website.

Hope this helps!

When I was in the military, we didn't wear the flag backwards.

You seem to know a bunch about this. The newpapers says it was Army.

Where is the insignia?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join