It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Turkey and Israel go to war - Who would the US standby?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Nukes probably wouldn't even be used because of the fallout and repercussions from countries affected by such an attack

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

Now is not a good time to mess with Israel. Not that any time is mind you but Israel will spank. Turkey really should forget about it if they have plans. Hez knows what its in for.

How though? Turkey has the 2nd biggest army in NATO.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.state.gov...

Turkey is vital. It seperates the middle east from Europe.

If Turkey wanted to invade they would have to move into Syria or Western Iraq and down. Hez would probably be used to slow Israel down but it will do know good. Even a joint action with Syria would not help.

Israel would destroy all three in the field. Once Turkeys advance started to stall, and it will, it would be just a matter of time. Israel has evey advantage.

Oh and if in this action the Kurds smelled weakness....well then the Turks would have several million armed Kurds at thier flank.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This is very complicated. Turkey is a NATO country, yes and the NATO charter says, "Attack one you attack the rest". Paraphrase. But Israel has the ear of the leading NATO nation and a damn STRONG lobby in Washington.

Turkey want to be part of the EU, yes. Is the EU going to back Israel? I doubt it. I can actually see this as the thorn that kills NATO.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

This very well could be "the straw that breaks the camels back" regarding the EU, it seems as if the EU is having a difficult time with the economy in Greece, Spain etc.

Very good point

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Will the U.S. side with Turkey? or Israel?

You don't understand what the U.S. is. The U.S., for all practical purposes, is a union of corporations, POLITICALLY and ECONOMICALLY speaking.

Why use CAPS? Because it is important to understand the distinction between what IS, and what is perceived to BE.

The U.S. can be on BOTH sides, and support BOTH sides, depending upon what is ECONOMICALLY beneficial to the SHAREHOLDERS that make up the U.S. The problem with trying to make a connection to what a country SHOULD DO for ideological or patriotic or even by TREATY...

is that corporations do not honor treaties. Their sole objective is to beat you if you are a COMPETITOR.

So, count on the U.S. being on both sides, depending on where the money can be made.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Source www.globalfirepower.com...

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Moonguy]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If Turkey decides to invoke article 5 and the US decides not to maintain its treaty obligations; then NATO is broken and new alliances will be formed.

The actions of the belligerent Israeli state may result in the breaking of NATO.

Prediction: Obama does not have the courage to do the right thing and so NATO will break.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This is very complicated. Turkey is a NATO country, yes and the NATO charter says, "Attack one you attack the rest". Paraphrase. But Israel has the ear of the leading NATO nation and a damn STRONG lobby in Washington.

Turkey want to be part of the EU, yes. Is the EU going to back Israel? I doubt it. I can actually see this as the thorn that kills NATO.

if they came to blows I say the US should let them have at it and stay they hell out of it. We have our own disasters going on right now. Legally we would have to support Turkey and NATO.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

But dont all countries in NATO HAVE to support each other in times of war? I thought that was the idea, an attack on one is an attack on all.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Why even be in a defense alliance if you aren't going to back them up?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Judohawk]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I see a lot of disscontent in the US over its Goverments actions.

I agree the "US Goverment" would side with Israel but would the Military obey if it meant fighting against their NATO allies???

The world is way more informed that ever before.So is its military.

This could be interesting...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I believe the bought and paid for American whore politicians will always back Israel.
Israel control all the bribe money, and the media, and can make or break politicians at will.
Your spineless greedy and corrupt politicians have already sold out America.
It is already a done deal.

NATO will break up.

World War Three will be America and Israel versus every other nation on Earth.
That would not be so bad, except many non American nations now have sufficient nuclear capability to totally destroy North America, and that cannot be prevented.

But you brave politicians will be safe and warm in their luxury Deep Underground Military Bunkers, drinking bourbon and counting their money.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
War is a joke.
The United States can win a war with the entire rest of the world.
One blast of the Tesla Particle Beam weapon and an entire army is destroyed. It makes a nuke look like a kids toy.
The 1908 Tunguska explosion, believe it.

Just think why we (U.S.) can fake 9-11, take over a number of Middle Eastern countries, and do anything we want.
The other countries really do know that even all of them combined can't beat us in war.
And realisticly, we don't "need" any other country for trade to "survive".

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
War is a joke.

And that is the ultimate in stupidity that far too many Americans believe.

When the nukes really start going off over many US cities, you might begin to understand........
But until then you will not.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Well I can clarify the point from a European perspective.

Europe is NOT a military alliance.

Basically even though people always keep referring to EU as a whole they basically couldn't start a war as a whole in any way. So basically talk about the EU engaging in military actions is just impossible.

On the other hand what is *not* impossible is for a single European nation to do so without the sanction of the European Union.

Who would EU back, lets see:

Turkey:

- The population of Turkey is 10 times the size of Israel (70 million)
- There are about 10 million? Turks living within the European Union (5 million in Germany alone)
- Turkey wants to be a part of the European Union and has recently addressed some humanitarian concerns which have previously prevented entry (for example they condemned the torture and killing of a left wing activist)
- 2007 the exports reached $115.3 billion (main export partners: Germany 11.2%, UK 8%, Italy 6.95%, France 5.6%, Spain 4.3%, USA 3.88%; total EU exports 56.5%.)

Israel:

- About 7 million inhabitants
- Leading exports include fruits, vegetables, pharmaceuticals, software, chemicals, military technology, and diamonds; in 2006, Israeli exports reached $42.86 billion.
- Rogue state which practices apartheid politics and genocide
- Has the UK and Germany in it's pockets (Germans still annually pay to Israel for WWII "Total German reparations at the end of 2000 amounted to roughly EUR 55 billion, some 40% of this going to Israel or recipients in Israel. About EUR 256 million is paid out annually in compensation pensions (largely under the Federal Compensation Act) and related payments to recipients in Israel.")
- Doesn't care for International law or Nuclear proliferation treaty.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Turkey is a member of NATO while Israel is not.

www.nato.int...

If US and the rest Nato members take the side of Israel they break their own law:

In times of war, NATO members may be called upon to help defend your brothers in arms from NATO's enemies and you will be required to respond to the best of your ability, providing whatever aid or assistance is needed/appropriate to the Alliance.

cybernations.wikia.com...

Therefore NATO will fall.
I think that they have no choise but to back up Turkey.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

Gold Shadow told me that he knows a little bit more than you do.

He said that we (U.S.) have the technology to track or find nuclear devices.

So, does this reality check make your day or what?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I think the US will try not to get involved in a war, they would find it hard to take sides. They might provide military assistance to Israel, but not declare war on Turkey, Syria, Lebanon, Iran etc.
The only way they'd declare war was if Israel was attacked by nukes, used by Iran. And then they'd only try to invade Iran.

India and Israel enjoy strong military and strategic ties. Some analysts have dubbed the alliance between India and Israel as the new "axis in the war on terror". Apart from being Israel's second-largest economic partner in Asia, India is also the largest customer of Israeli arms in the world. In 2006, annual military sales between India and Israel stood at US$900 million.

Many analysts saw the 2008 Mumbai attacks as an attack on the growing India-Israel partnership. In the past, India and Israel have held numerous joint anti-terror training exercises and it was also reported that in the wake of the Mumbai attacks, Israel was helping India launch anti-terror raids inside Pakistani territory.

en.wikipedia.org...

Can anyone else see India getting involved? They see themselves as a powerful global force, and I bet they'd like some way to establish themselves as that.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
This looks maore and more like a cunning strategy by the Arab world. By getting Turkey a NATO members into a position of going up against Israel the are forcing the west's hand.

Very clever.

If true then I'm very impressed with the Arabs methods which appear to be much better than Israel's kak handed approach to everything.

How may times now have 'cave dwelling ragheads' brought a super power to it's knees.

Western msm has a lot to answer for, but of course we know who pays the piper there.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
War is a joke.
One blast of the Tesla Particle Beam weapon and an entire army is destroyed. It makes a nuke look like a kids toy.
The 1908 Tunguska explosion, believe it.

Just think why we (U.S.) can fake 9-11, take over a number of Middle Eastern countries, and do anything we want.
The other countries really do know that even all of them combined can't beat us in war.
And realisticly, we don't "need" any other country for trade to "survive".

the epitome of ignorance, do you really believe that the US could take on the rest of the world? seriously. i just might go and make a thread to de-bunk your claim. but seriously, no you can't haha.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join