It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's get UFO lore straight

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
What is true and what is false UFO lore? I've heard many things about Reptilians, Sirians, Greys, etc, but I don't know what's true and what isn't. I've heard 95% of what you hear is untrue.

So in this thread, let's sort out the truth from the BS.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

If that was an option the people would not be asking for disclosure.

It's impossible to say wich stories are bs and wich ones are true

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
but when many ppl congregate then if a not a lil bit of the bs would be taken care of and thus being less of the bs in the topic at hand

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I think its a matter of opinion. You can meet certain folk on here that will swear the earth is ruled by nasty reptilian type aliens who have been here for centuries, and others who believe grey aliens call the shots and our our friends, there is soo many diferent theories and beliefs around, and to each these people deem them to be true.

No one person can say what is the truth because there simply is not enough evidence to determine it right now.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Come on Donnie.....

This is just an unsubtle grab for stars & flags.

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

Come on Donnie.....

Regards
Maybe...maybe not

No it's not. I'm trying to get some of this stuff sorted out ... ie defying ignorance.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Here is another thread that could shed some light on the subject. Perspectives on ufo reports credibility from some of our more revered members
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The things alien/ufo related that I believe are real(which includes "inconclusive" cases,imo) are:
1) some of the images and tales of other cultures regarding ancient aliens visiting.
2) I think the tiny metal(?) pieces taken from abductee's bodies are real
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
3)The case in Huntington Indiana, where the police officers are interviewed seems real to me
www.ufoevidence.org...
4)ufo's reported by the Japanese airline, that was filmed and witnessed in 86
www.ufoevidence.org...
5) I think I mentioned the documentary Secret Space, but the outer space footage in the vid is mind blowing and whatever the things in there are, they are intelligent. I am referring to the "Fireflies" and "space worms"
Secret Space
video.google.com...

Again, these things are, in my OPINION, unresolved and left to speculate on. I will also state that I believe most ufos that are not hoaxes are something of ours. As far as extraterrestrial, I think the "fireflies" are either aliens or, like the "space worms," some type of space organisms(Secret Space)

My 2 cents...

Peace

[edit on 28-5-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
well is there any proof of these reptilian ppl . there is slight almost legitimate truth of the grays but them running the show is a totally different ball game

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

Come on Donnie.....
Regards
Maybe...maybe not

No it's not. I'm trying to get some of this stuff sorted out ... ie defying ignorance.

Donnie Darko.....

Come on mate.....it's like saying:

"Let's once & for all sort out the history of the world! What's BS & what's not?"

I've been at this UFO thing since I was 5 years old.....seriously! I used to write stories & poems about them when I was in kindergarten! Why? I don't know. I've no idea why the subject grabbed me that hard.

You cannot get this topic "served up to you on a platter" in this manner. You have to look for yourself.

It's massively complicated....you just have to just keep reading & keep discussing & never stop doing that!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Dear Donnie Darko

Things that I know are true :

My toast in the morning tastes good.

My cigarettes are killing me.

It is cold and cloudy right now.

They meaning TPTB are lying.

There are a few more but all the rest has a question mark hanging over it???

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
You can prove something exists. But you cannot prove something does not exist.

So you are looking at this all wrong IMO.

Look at it more like this.

What evidence do I have and what stories lack any evidence at all?

This is a far better compass to guide yourself by in this subject IMHO.

There is no way to know if something is true without evidence to see first hand yourself to know it as real.

That is the hard reality we are facing here. And without any proof/evidence, we are stuck ASSUMING and INSINUATING things without really much to go on!

So "take things with a grain of salt", and just enjoy it. There is no true or false here there is only Speculations, Hypothesis, and Theories.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well I can share what I have gathered from contact with ETs.

There is a race of benevolent greys, and a race of bad greys. Niether from what I understand run the planet.

Reptilians from what I gather are the overlords of the area in terms of ETs. Other ETs have a small amount of power. I am told there is a work in progress of making the predominant power nordics and andromedans on thsi planet, and it should happen in our lifetimes.

The nordics are here(my main contacts). They are benevolent, and have our best interests at heart. They are handcuffed with what they can do due to galactic beaurocracy. From what I understand they dont fight, they make deals. And deals are based on how much power a race has and that is added into the equation.

One thing is very obvious to me.. The greys(good ones) are definitely NOT calling the shots. We could tell very quickly if a positive ET race gained more power than the reptilians.
Edit: Oh ya. Theres a lot of disinfo due to bad ETs themselves making an effort to propagate it. I am not free from disinfo as well at times. From what I understand no contactee is.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Myuzik]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Myuzik

Dear Myuzik

Now I know I am going to hate myself for this but never the less.

Do you have any proof of any of this???

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
reply to post by Myuzik

Dear Myuzik

Now I know I am going to hate myself for this but never the less.

Do you have any proof of any of this???

Nope. I have been given no proof other than marks on my body. And those could just be rationalized to be the result of something else. People will cater to their reality before considering theirs is flawed.

Edit: They have had me contact a neuroscientist recently about monitoring my mind while ETs alter my mind to music.. Maybe I will have some interesting evidence at some point

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Myuzik]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I've been at this UFO thing since I was 5 years old.....seriously! I used to write stories & poems about them when I was in kindergarten! Why? I don't know. I've no idea why the subject grabbed me that hard.

Well duh, obviously you are a contactee, from a very early age. Or your earth mother and earth father are really just guardians until whatever alien race you really arecomes back and gives you your commands to save the world... or lead us into enlightenment...or serve up your friends for dinner....

that would almost be funny, except I think we've seen it before...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Here are two of the reasons why I don't think any of the popular E.T. mythos has very much chance of being factual.

1) Nearly all reported E.T.'s have humanoid form and human-like behavior. is it really just a freaking huge coincidence they happen to look and behave nearly like humans considering the vast target-space of possible forms within which intelligent life could manifest? They must be either from the earth, or they are only assuming vaguely humanoid form for some reason, possibly for our psychological benefit. Of course both these contingencies are entirely within the realm of possibility, so maybe this objection doesn't really count for much.

This one really gets me though:

2) Stories of alien encounter are kind of boring. We should expect something far more alien from actual E.T.'s. Their technology seems primitive, when just by chance it should be at least tens-of-thousands of years more [or less] advanced than humanity's. Technology 10 thousand years in advance of today's would really blow our minds. Any encounter with that sort of thing would be like a bad trip. Instead we get stories of encounters whose details are trivially easy to understand. (Of course there are some exceptions, some reports of truly weird encounters, but I have seen few, and none of those involve aliens of comic-book level sophistication.)

If greys and reptilians, and that sort of thing are real-- then the universe is a far less interesting place than I could have possibly feared, and I guess I would have to eat my hat.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Tearman]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Dear Tearman

I have heard it said by boffins that life would be so different than what we know here on earth. Perhaps you have heard the same.

That kinda gets me though. Why, because on this planet we have many different forms of life.

However we only have one form of life that has so far reached the moon.

In other words ET needs to be kinda like us to succeed in the first place.

Apparently it is the apposing thumb that is the key. With out that we could not grip tools etc, in order to begin our development.

So to me it is no surprise that they kinda look like us.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

So to me it is no surprise that they kinda look like us.

I once read a doctor saying greys arent be real because their bodies resemble ours. It was one of the stupidest comments I have ever seen. I think it was on the greys wiki page.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MAC269

But in the whole wide world of useful manipulators, are our opposable thumbs the only possible way to go? No way. They could have two thumbs for each hand, or five, or twenty, or a hundred, or tentacles, or suction cups, or whatever it is insects have on the end of their legs to hold onto surfaces with, or any of the possibilities none of us has ever even thought of. I think the same goes for all human traits, physical and behavioral.

It must be almost certainly true that only one form of earthly life has made its way to the moon, but could that simply be because strong intelligence is a rare manifestation among living things? After all, there are many living things which are very successful (in a natural selection sort of way), but who don't possess intelligence which even comes close to approaching human level. So I wouldn't say intelligence is inherently favored by natural selection, and that could easily explain why we've only seen it manifest in a small number of basic forms on the Earth.

I guess there could be some kind of convergence trend toward a specific series of traits that are prerequisites for a species developing technological sophistication, but (A) even if there is such a trend, there must still be a lot of room for variation, after all life forms are hugely complex (lots and lots of variables), and (B) there isn't really any good evidence in support of the existence of such a trend.

Yes. I subscribe to the 'boffin' perspective that aliens would be very different from us. I reserve the right to totally change my mind about this if a really persuasive argument is made against it.

Geez... I've got to learn how to get across my points in fewer words.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Myuzik

Dear Myuzik

Well that is my point, we as human beings have evolved or so they say.

Look at what we did and how we did it can you imagine any other life form on this planet doing a similar job.

Now before someone says one of our primates that is effectively where we come form and they look kinda like us which is my point.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join