It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Hussein Obama - First Ever!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

If you are all for respect for the flag...why does your avatar directly go against the US flag code???

Flag Code

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.

Your avatar doesn't bother me at all...but if people are going to be all uptight about "respecting the flag"...then I would think they would also confrom to the official US Code pertaining to the flag.

Just an observation.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by beta.services
Are Americans really that brainwashed that they can only identify themselves by a flag?

How do you all manage to get through your days with no sense of self, and no sense of community. Only 'National Pride,' defined by a flag.

Perhaps if there was more of a for-the-people attitude, and less of for-the-state your country would be in much better shape.

Uncle Sam needed you. He took you. And he's never giving you back.
But at least he will unite you all under one flag.

This reminds me of something I once read. It went something like ---

For those with understanding, no explaination is necessary;
For those with no understanding, no explaination will suffice.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by hdutton]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
If ever there were an impeachable offense, this should be it.

This is not only a slap in the face for those that have served this country, but for Americans everywhere.

In retaliation and to make sure our President understands the importance of our flag at all times, I suggest every American adorn their homes, cars, and person with American flags all weekend long. Loads of them.

I believe Obama needs a refresher course in whom he actually is supposed to represent.

Oh for the love of heaven, get a life. Impeachable offense? What nonsense. A hastily pulled together news conference in the middle of one of the worst ecologic disasters ever and you're worried about a piece of fabric? It would be fine with me if politians stopped using the flag as a cheap substitute for substantive answers and action. Whenever one of them shows too much flag, I know they're up to no good. Patriotism - the last refuge of a scoundrel.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

We just aren't going to see eye to eye on this one.

His middle name has been used by his opposition for a long time to try to demonize him...and whenever I hear the argument of "we are just using his full name"...I can't get the picture of Hannity out of my head with his fake dumb confused look on his face acting like there is no motive behind him using his middle name.

IMO...it is used as a propaganda tool in an attempt to portray him as something foreign and scary.

If you don't see it like that...then I will respect your opinion on the matter.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Personally I feel pride in my Flag and
feel it should be everywhere.

That being said, I do have to ask; how
many of the people posting about this
fiegning shame and outrage have even
put on the uniform of thier country? I
am not referring to just combat veterans,
but all veterans.

To the person who was upset about the
Confederates not being considered Americans.
Having ancestors who fought for the
confederacy I believe that no! they were
not Americans.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yazman
See, this guy here proves my point EXACTLY. You never did this with any other president, constantly emphasising and bringing up their middle name, mentioning it all the time.

Really??? It seems that I can recall a whole lot of "Dubya" going around for 8 years.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Why should anyone be upset about a piece of cloth. Sigh it seems us humans will never be undivided and that will be our downfall. To be upset about something so material. People havn't died for that flag. People have died cause there government/rulers persuaded them (or forced) them into fighting and dieing.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Did a quick skim through the pages of this thread, haven't seen it posted.
www.thoughtequity.com...
That's Reagan without any visible US flags. Admittedly, it's a tight crop, but maybe there are flags out of camera view in this instance as well.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by shadowkhas]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
i'm a vet. jumped out of airplanes w/ a machine gun strapped to my hip.

this doesn't bother me at all. what used to bother me was the draft-dodging cheney and the texas air nat'l guard bush so callously sending people i served with off to war.

that bothered me.

this? it's a tempest in a tea pot. as usual, people are more wrapped up in appearances than actions.

non-serving warhawks sending boys off to die. that's fine, the american way.

obama speaking with no flag next to him.?

impeachable.

we *get* you.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebtex
It is not just a piece of cloth. Thousands of people ave lost their lives to let that flag hang wave. For Barack Obama to not respect that so close to Memorial Day is a crime. I wish someone would assassinate him already.

I thought those people fought and died for freedom? Silly me, all this time it was just a flag?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rebtex

It is not just a piece of cloth. Thousands of people ave lost their lives to let that flag hang wave. For Barack Obama to not respect that so close to Memorial Day is a crime. I wish someone would assassinate him already.

And earlier when I said people allowing symbols to control their emotions is scary...this is what I meant.

Maybe some of you actually aren't all that far off from extremist Muslims that threaten to kill people over cartoons...this guy isn't.

Seriously...let that sink in for a bit.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

If he doesn't want his name used, he can change it.

Until then we will just have to go with what he has for a name.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I think Appolo Creed broke that barrier back in the first Rocky film

And personally I have no problem with anyone using the likeness of the flag any way they see fit as long as it isnt overtly disrespectful or intended to desecrate the flag.

I do, however, have a problem with a sitting war time president who see's nothing wrong with failing to honor our flag, on Memorial Day Weekend, while our troops are fighting to the death in Afghanistan.

It is also a little irritating when non-Americans imply that they know how US citizens should act or feel toward our own flag and our own government, hence the response.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I mean, isn't WHAT HE SAID more important than the props in the background???

That would require actually listening to his speech, which is probably too much to ask for from most people who prefer to rip off an image they saw on drudgereport and freak out about it.

I can just picture Obama now...Sitting in the oval office, scheming and laughing like a mad scientist about how he moved the flag from behind the podium and hid it in the trunk of his car. MWAHAHAHAHAHAAaaaaa

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by insideNSA

you are pathetic. does your mommie know you are on her computer again? isn't it past your bedtime?

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
reply to post by WWJFKD

Are you kidding me? Now I truly believe Obama haters will do anything to put their president down. The man gave a press conference on the worst ecological disaster in US history. I'm sorry he didn't fulfill your needs on the decoration.

This is pathetic. I'm sorry, but it is.

Someone makes a decent, well written post and you respond with that rubbish?! What you have said here would be looked down on in the school playground as being dull, unwitty and lacking any intelligence, yet you think it's a good enough post for this site?!

link   
hmmm... seriously, do you americans have a fixation for the flag or something? It almost seems like an obsessive-compulsive disorder regarding that particular piece of cloth.

Some of you actually think its a reason to impeach a president because the flag wasnt behind him... which I find ABSURD lol. So much over a piece of cloth... but hey, you already impeached a president over a BJ (because we all know NOONE that gets a BJ can perform his job, right? I mean... not at the same time I guess) so... now you impeach over a piece of cloth. Whats next? Want to impeach him because his wearing a suit by Hugo Boss because it was the designer of the nazi SS uniforms? Or maybe because Hugo boss is german and its not patriotic for a president to wear foreign fashion?

You guys nuts or something?

America is slowly "losing it"
impeachment over a flag... nice. At least you its not like you have any real issues to worry about right?

link   

Originally posted by shadowkhas
Did a quick skim through the pages of this thread, haven't seen it posted.
www.thoughtequity.com...
That's Reagan without any visible US flags. Admittedly, it's a tight crop, but maybe there are flags out of camera view in this instance as well.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by shadowkhas]

I think it has already been proven that this is in fact not the first time a president didn't have a flag present at a press conference.

But that doesn't mean we will get a "my bad" from the OP...but we may get some excuses as to why all these other examples don't qualify.

It also doesn't mean that people won't continue to say Obama should be impeached over this...but they also think he should be impeached for crazier things than this...so who really cares anymore what they say.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

You and I actually do agree on that. As in, we can both acknowledge there is a segment that does use 'Hussein' as a jab. That's why I cited the T&C about it. It has been a problem- so I do agree with you on that one.

But I was pointing out the larger picture that not everyone uses it to imply 'Spooky foreign non white Muslim.' And in this thread's case and knowing the OP, WWJFKD is good people.

Onto the real issue at hand instead of our bunny trail.

What are the facts behind this? I need some sources and haven't seen any thus far (but I came into the thread late then had to leave to go pick up my son from school and may have missed it).

Before I jump on either the 'What was he thinking' or the 'Leave the man alone!' bandwagon, we need to cover some facts.

1). Is he really the only president to not speak in the presence of the flag?
2). Is that a legitimate image and not cropped to remove the flag?
3). If legitimate, what are the actual reasons the flag was not used.

Etc.

I need some sources and more info. It's illogical to defend or criticize until we know the facts.

Appreciation if anyone can answer the above.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Flag, no flag. Doesn't matter. He's just a figurehead. And please stop saying "you Americans". Don't you find it strange when you say that. It's creepy.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
well here is a thing called tradition. Every president has done it. But tradition is slowly being torn down this country by both sides. But I still believe Obama was sent here to finish the job Bush started....

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join