It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crowd Booos Commencement Speaker Who Criticized Arizona Law

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

"One reason it has instigated a boycott is because to a whole lot of people, myself included, it appears to not only invite but require the police to engage in racial profiling..."

This professor does not know the propaganda does not work when they themselves have not read the actual laws. There were several attempts to silence the dissent.

Glad to know there are graduates who have are immune to propaganda and actually care to read what is there & not make up hypotheticals that are unfounded.

As far as the person video taping the event, I don't kow if he was being sarcastic but his commentary was pretty hilarious.

Good Job to these 2010 Graduates for standing up to the propaganda.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
The Obamanation has allowed this schism between Americans and Mexicans to widen. Just as he allowed the Golf Oil Leak to contaminate the food and tourist industry of this region. This goes without mentioning the damage to the Eco-system. Just as he has NOT prosecuted ACORN, or the Black Panthers for voter fraud or intimidation. Just as he has allowed Wall ST to rape the wallets and purses of the middle class. I could go on and on. People are beginning to see this, to feel the vice tightening around their pursuit of happiness. And these college graduates are aware of the problems, and they will remember this by their vote in November. That is if we are still allowed to vote and we have enough money to get there.
G_D Bless America!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
There is so much hand waving and appeals to emotion form the "this law is racist" crowd. I thought it would be settled by now, but apparently nobody is taking time to actually READ the law.

So opinions and bumper sticker hype is all a college Professor has.

So much for 'education'.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

Can you blame this poor soul.

If the POTUS and tools of his administration do not care to the read the laws but would rather promote division among populace for the sake of votes.

This loony bin got what she had coming, I am glad to see that there are some Free Thinkers that are graduating from University of Arizona this year.

+7 more 
posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Typical Progressive professor lol.. complete *snip* morons. Why is it that when ever one race commits more of a crime than others, it's considered "racial profiling" to Progressives? Surely they understand how idiotic the claim is? More "Hispanics" are illegally here than any other race. More "Hispanics" are going to be arrested for being here illegally under the new law than any other race. If they hadn't been here illegally, they wouldn't of been arrested.. but through the eyes of a Progressive, it's seen as racial profiling. Simply put.. because they have no argument. And what they really want, the disintegration of our borders, they cannot say to cheers, but claiming their self-righteous stance to protect "civil liberties" works much better.

I'm glad this Progressive piece of trash got boo'd .. at a University I find it surprising, she had 4 years to brainwash those kids at any rate.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/24/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I'm glad this Progressive piece of trash got boo'd .. at a University I find it surprising, she had 4 years to brainwash those kids at any rate.

It got me to thinking, this toon had 4 years to brainwash these graduates. Yet from the response given to her, they showed no signs of being brainwashed. That means that somewhere at that university, there is someone who is getting the opposite message across to these young adults. It could be their parents, otther teachers who have read the laws, or these brave souls who take the evidence for what it is & not manipulated for what it could be.

Hats of these noble minds, they have a bright future ahead of them as they stick to their principles.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I heard the audio of this event earlier while in the car and my applause goes to those who booed this woman.

The writing is all over the wall from the White House to the Progressives in the fantasy land of Academia. This constant bashing of Arizona and all of those who have read, understand and support what Arizona is doing is getting predictable and obvious.

The DNC with the help of the White House and its thinning list of supporters are gearing up for the next election cycle. They are hunting for new hispanic voters to support their cause. The meaning behind constant demonizing rhetoric is clear and this is just another avenue to further separate the races and to cater to a whole new Freshmen class of voters.

Its scramble time folks. In addition to this, Obama is still publicly blaming the previous administration and is still trying to tie GOP candidates to Bush in the current campaign fight. Desperate times lead to desperate measures.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Just a question. Are you guys that are glad this guy got booed the same ones that defended Palin when she wasn't allowed to speak? Hmm, one man's propaganda I guess....

+4 more 
posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Just a question. Are you guys that are glad this guy got booed the same ones that defended Palin when she wasn't allowed to speak? Hmm, one man's propaganda I guess....

Are you watching the same video we are?

It wasn't a guy up there or are you used to making sexist remarks without looking at the video?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

When was Palin not allowed to speak?

Or are you thinking of Coulter?

Keep your MSM puppets straight there, you are slipping.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

That means that somewhere at that university, there is someone who is getting the opposite message across to these young adults.

I spent 3 years at 2 universities.. all Humanities classes for the most part. I only ever had 2 professors who were not hyper-foaming at the mouth progressives. 1 was my French professor, the other a Middle-Eastern professor, who was Lebanese. I recall all the nasty harsh anti-Bush remarks in class, and the blind support for Obama .. and it was reflected well on the Student population.. When I moved to Oregon it was essentially unheard of to be Conservative in college.. students who were did NOT speak out, because it adversely effected your grade. Worse thing you can do is stand up for your beliefs to a Progressive professor. So ya, I'm pretty surprised she got boo'd.

But it's not a question of "there's no such thing as a conservative student" .. they just rarely speak up.

link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

When was Palin not allowed to speak?

One has to get the genders straight first and that would require for the video to be watched in its context, names are a whole another category.

The professor obviously did not know what she was talking about and she got called out on it. Needless to say that university has graduated a fine batch of students.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

link   
The media, the Obama camp and the Villaragosa's of the world would have you believe that the entire country and it's populous staunchly oppose the Arizona law and any attempt to put a curb on illegal immigration.

Sadly for them this couldn't be further from the truth. National (unbiased) polls have all led to the same conclusion - the vast majority of American citizens recognize this illegal invasion as a real problem, and in turn the overwhelming majority support AZ and their efforts to enforce the immigration laws in full.

Even these poor kids who have spent the last four years being indoctrinated by ultra left wing college professors have enough common sense to see through the liberal b.s. and realize that unchecked immigration will eventually destroy their future earnings ability and drag their country down to third world status.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by BlackOps719]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Why do people think all Conservatives love Palin? Screw Palin. But to answer your question there is a massive difference:

1. Not allowing someone to speak is wrong.
2. Allowing someone to speak, but boo their ignorant message is right.

Option one prohibits speech.

Opinion two endorses it, but those booing express their own rights to disagree.

Talk about a straw man argument Intrepid .. you can do better than that.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Good on those students. I'm glad that this University graduated some free-thinkers. It's surprising that at least parts of the education system haven't failed yet. Wouldn't you say, PG?

Have a good one!

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

You are right. It was Coulter.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
1. Not allowing someone to speak is wrong.
2. Allowing someone to speak, but boo their ignorant message is right.

Option one prohibits speech.

Opinion two endorses it, but those booing express their own rights to disagree.

Talk about a straw man argument Intrepid .. you can do better than that.

You are right, I am better than that. How about the Muslims that got turfed out for booing the Israeli ambassador?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But those students were castigated here. I guess it just depends on who is booing. Sad state of affairs really.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

Good on those students. I'm glad that this University graduated some free-thinkers. It's surprising that at least parts of the education system haven't failed yet. Wouldn't you say, PG?

All hope is not lost, glad to see such free thinkers came out of the hornets nest. I would believe their parents had something to with it or their personal experiences of what is going on around them.

I have faith in you m8, you will rise to the challenge & people will show support where you didn't expect to find it. The country has awoken as a whole and is not staying silent anymore.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You are right, I am better than that. How about the Muslims that got turfed out for booing the Israeli ambassador?

That's obviously terrible as well. I don't really get what your trying to say? Are you trying to insinuate that "Conservatives" are more prone to "silence" someones right to speak? .. Or that depending on the message? Or that because I agree with the boo'ers I support them, but if I didn't I'd want them chucked out?

Stop using unrelated incidents, and just say what you want to say mate..

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

OK, no bones then. I see hypocrisy on this board. One day something is wrong because the topical person is Person X and then down the road it's OK because the topical person is Person Y. And if you want the truth RP, yes, I see the conservative doing this much more. Sorry, I'm not going to lie to save feelings.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join