It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof the NASA Apollo Moon Pics are Fakes ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
theability, I've taken the liberty of downloading the highest resolution scan of that image, turning it upright to assist in identifying what is where (and just for the heck of it, post-processed it "a little" to bring out the details..) Here's my result:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/705cd81db13b.jpg[/atsimg]

For the record, I have cropped it, resized it to a size suitable for this site, denoised it (Noiseware) (but it still looks a little patchy, I know..), done a very crude 'color-correction' (despite not knowing the actual colours of the craft off by heart, shame on me..
), and adjusted the contrast and gamma.

But the image *content* is untouched, it can easily be verified against the original, and you can see by the flag and United States text that no reversal has been done.

Anyway, let's start there. Can you point out the problem?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHRLZ
theability, I've taken the liberty of downloading the highest resolution scan of that image, turning it upright to assist in identifying what is where (and just for the heck of it, post-processed it "a little" to bring out the details..) Here's my result:

While waiting for anyone to debate this issue, I took a quick look around, and sure enough, it all comes back to the INCOMPETENT LIAR, Jack White.

At his site, he has a couple of images, that he thinks 'proves' the LRV was on the wrong side of the LM. The first of them:

simply shows the Rover, deployed, to the left of the LM. He implies that because he *assumes* (from the roughened-looking regolith) it was deployed there, it must have been unloaded from that side. There's a lot of assuming there... He seems to think that the 'stuff' on that side of the LM is the wrapping paper...

(I may go into more detail about all that later, but only if anyone actually wants to debate it...)

Then he posts this image (which is a crop of mine above):

making some point I cannot comprehend about the flag being off-centre, and then pointing out the LRV, secured where it should be, on the right of the ladder. But wait. Jack doesn't recognise it!!!! He thinks that is a 'blacked in portside stowage bay'.

IT'S THE LRV, THE LUNAR ROVER.

Gee, that's some researcher we have. Good ole Jack. He doesn't even know the most basic facts about the location of the LRV and how it fitted on/in to the altered side panel of the LM, to the RIGHT of the ladder.

By the way, here's a picture of the rover being attached *before* an Apollo mission. It's from Apollo 15, but the same design applies..

Note that the lighter colored framework is the lifting frame - the LRV ends at the slender 'platform' just to the right of the wheels. When affixed, it just protruded outwards a little from the descent stage's side. Refer 'A' on the Jack White image above...

Oh, and here's a better one from Apollo 16:

So that, like all of Jack White's stuff, is absolute GARBAGE. Ignorant, uninformed, deliberately misleading garbage, purely intended to sell books and videos.

(Ask me what I really think of him...)

[edit on 25-5-2010 by CHRLZ]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Any comment re this post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You wanted the the lander shadow photo explained so do you understand now why Marcus was wrong and seems to have a lack of knowlege re photography.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Hello CHRLZ

First of a quote from your post:

Theability, can you clarify this for me - are you saying that the undeployed LR in that image is on the wrong side of the LM? Is that the issue, and is it you, or Marcus Allen/Jack White making the claim?
I'd just like it clarified before dealing with it..

It is DEFFINITELY NOT ME! But if I had to address anything from Jack Whites Studies that brought doubt in my mind that would be the one thing that does it!

I think Apollo was wonderful and a beautiful thing for America and the World. Yet if you look into the Project and the gazillion images, there are details, issues and screw ups all over.

I know alot can be catergorized by, artifacts, lensing issues, film issues etc etc. Yet there a few that reak of, well lets just say that something isn't right.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Originally posted by CHRLZ

(Ask me what I really think of him...)

I got tired last night and you kind of jumped the gun on me. Let me show why I brought this up, without paying attention to Jack White for a moment.

Now we have your image above, at station keeping on Lunar Orbit, agreed?

OK Now I have an image here that clearly shows the LR had been assembled on the other side on the lunar surface below.AS16-116-18579
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e1614363e5d2.jpg[/atsimg]

Now if you asess the images the LR has clearly, switched sides during decent to the lunar surface, as we both know, is absolutely impossible.

Then how can we explain this?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Can you explain why you think it has switched sides ,what reason re the picture shown

files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Please let me explain, I do not advocate that Apollo was a hoax. I do not believe it was, I just want to make this perfectly clear that I am dicussing issues alone.

Now the image of the LM in orbit has the LR on the Right side of the ladder.

The LM image on the surface the LR is to the left of the ladder, hence the materials left from assembly of the LR.

Can you see that?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Look at this image zoom in

Can you see the wheels

Look at this image can you see whats behind the LR

www.hq.nasa.gov...

LOOK AT THIS IMAGE

Can YOU see where the LR WOULD HAVE BEEN ON THE LANDER

It may be on the other side but you can see where it would have been.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Here is a picture of the LM closeout with the LR being loaded to the Right side of the LM Ladder, facing the front.
KSC-71P-543

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7986a2d9c3d2.jpg[/atsimg]

Yet again it is clearly on the left of the ladder on the surface of the moon.

[edit since I spallar bad]

[edit on 25-5-2010 by theability]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
Here is a picture of the LM closeout with the LR being loaded to the Right side of the LM Ladder, facing the front.
KSC-71P-543

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7986a2d9c3d2.jpg[/atsimg]

Yet again it is clearly on the left of the ladder on the surface of the moon.

[edit since I spallar bad]

Yes and on the MOON pic you see were it had been stowed on the right
just because its is on the left side of the picture doesn't mean it was of loaded that side

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

You're right that the rover is stored to the right of the ladder on the LM
But you are assuming you are seeing "left over" materials. There are no left over materials from the assembly of the rover. And yes, in the image the rover is to the left of the ladder. The rover roves.

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Here is the instructions page 18-19 have a look now can you see and we put this one to bed as well also thanks to video above

history.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Here is a better way to explain what is seen on these images.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/723ce6e9057f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I was just about to post that PDF, BTW thanks!
If you actually read the document the assembly of the LR should be on the right side of the LM and ITS NOT! Its on the left!

Are you following yet?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Have you looked here before your post

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Probably NOT

now ARE YOU FOLLOWING YET.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Here is where the Assembly of the LR should be, on the right side of the ladder facing the front of the LM
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c527bc41f1b4.jpg[/atsimg]

But unfortunately you haven't been following but you didn't even read the PDF you linked me!

Here again this is what is wrong.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/723ce6e9057f.jpg[/atsimg]

The LR moved, it isn't hard to see. Like I said you trying to convience me its not that way, but you gave the document that PROVES it MOVES!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Are you just ignoring the video posted by Phage read what he says NO parts to assemble WATCH THE VIDEO.

Remember the ROVER moves watch the video and READ the post by Phage!

This will save you the trouble

You're right that the rover is stored to the right of the ladder on the LM
But you are assuming you are seeing "left over" materials. There are no left over materials from the assembly of the rover. And yes, in the image the rover is to the left of the ladder. The rover roves.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

edit post because I had made a mistake. My bad

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Here is a much better scan of the image:
history.nasa.gov...

What you are looking at is the location of the MESA (Modularized Equipment Stowage Assembly), not the Rover storage area.
www.myspacemuseum.com...

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Phage]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Why do "Moon Hoax" believers seem to assume that NASA spent billions of dollars on the best special effects experts in history, but forgot to hire a continuity girl?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join