It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An open letter to the democrats in the US Congress

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
An Open letter to the Democrats in the United States Congress

I write this letter to you with the purpose of being certain that you be called to account for your disgraceful actions on the floor of the United States Congress. As Congressmen, your standing ovation on the floor of the United States Congress, in response to President Calderon’s chastisement of the State of Arizona was despicable, objectionable, and lacking in any sense of propriety or honor. You have shamed your people, your states, and your country with your prepubescent show of America bashing. However much you might dislike, or disagree with the Arizona law, however you might feel about the problems of immigration, and racism, and profiling in this country, regardless of your contempt for the GOP and their constituents , this is a family matter, and as such you should have been the first in this nation to stand and let President Calderon know that he had nothing to say on the matter, that any state in the Union on its worst day was better that the nation of Mexico on its best, and to kindly butt out.

You failed to act with honor, or with the good of the country and her citizens as your concern. If President Calderon had been speaking that way about the Mets in front of the New York City government he would have been tossed out on his butt and told to take his ass back to where ever he came from till he learned some manners. How much more so should a representative of this great nation have made the same gesture of patriotism and common umbrage for the remarks he made to the Congress. You sought only to use the occasion to demean her and her ideals, and show your disdain for her people, her laws and her states. You did not do this in front of other Americans on the campaign trail or at a town meeting; no you stood up and did this in front of the entire world, while a foreign leader, speaking to the American government in the halls of our nation’s capital, trashed a state of the Union. You have failed to act as an honorable, defender of America and her people, you failed to act as any patriotic, simple American citizens would have acted and I for one am deeply ashamed of my government and you.

In the past I have tried hard to couch my differences with this administration and this
Democrat congress, in reasoned, thoughtful, debate, assuming that not only should I as a citizen regardless of my differences with the current administration ,at least show respect for the office of President and Congressman, but that I was debating someone to whom the honors and prestige of those offices meant something. NO LONGER. I for one will no longer afford you the courtesies, honorifics, or prestige that should be one’s for holding such an office. You have proven that you think little of them and I for one will no longer grant them to you.

Phedreus

+16 more 
posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
As a Democrat, I must say that I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY 100% with the OP on this.

Arizona IS doing the right thing, and I think anyone that disagrees with what Arizona is doing is absolutely 100% WRONG. Repeat - 100% WRONG!!!

GOOD JOB ARIZONA, YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING!!!!!

[edit on 20-5-2010 by ToToo]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToToo
As a Democrat, I must say that I agree WHOLEHEARTEDLY 100% with the OP on this.

Arizona IS doing the right thing, and I think anyone that disagrees with what Arizona is doing is absolutely 100% WRONG. Repeat - 100% WRONG!!!

GOOD JOB ARIZONA, YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING!!!!!

[edit on 20-5-2010 by ToToo]

Don't you know, this issue could lead to civil war.

Think people Think!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I agree with the OP

Some times I wonder if these a$$e$
in Washington are Aliens from another
world just to see how much they can
f**k s**t up for us.

Hey Congress !!!
Are you folks Aliens from another world ????
what is ur agenda ????

Where do your loyalties lie ?????

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thepathoverseer

Well if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes. I don't welcome it, I don't wish for it but something needs to be done. The actions taken by congress are deplorable.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Ditto OP,

Can you insert a little F**k You from me with a heart around it.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Must say that is an unusual picture of a blue shark!

[edit on 5/20/2010 by Phedreus]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The only people they've shamed is you.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

Ah yes, blue shark is more than the literary meaning.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I truly hope everything comes crashing down all around us. Not to see anyone get hurt, mind you. It needs to happen. It is healthy. We have been living in a bubble of fantasy for so long it is necessary.

Stop and think about how upside down everything has been in just the last 10 years. Both sides of the aisle, too. Under the Republicans and now - surprising to their supporters who expected such great change but haven't received it yet - under the Democrats.

Its easy to imagine all the hardship we will encounter but can you imagine how much better things could be once the trashed has been removed from our current systems??? Just imagine a fresh new start free from all this false, fake, lying, spin infested, facade we currently live in. Imagine......

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
As a person who has read the bill. And if you have not here it is www.azleg.gov.../legtext/49leg/2r/summary/h.sb1070_04-19-10_astransmittedtogovernor.doc.htm

And I suspect that the OP has too, we have come to different conclusions on the bill. I only consider it racist, not by it's wording or it's stances, but by it's lack thereof. It is too narrow in what it permits, it allows for warrantless investigation of a person if they have reasonable suspicion they have commited a crime that could force them out of the country. It is jsut too narrow and would permit police officers who are racist to use their bigotry in a legal system.

The bill itself is not racist, but by not clearly defining itself, hey have left the bill open to possibly racist enforcement.

So I must reply OP, that I disagree with your letter to the Democrats in Congress, while I'm sure none of them took just 5 minutes to read a very short bill, they still had every right to disagree with it.

[edit on 5/20/10 by Misoir]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by normal_human_being

yes a chance for it to start all over again, only on a bigger scale. I fear we will never learn. I fear we face our version of the dark ages. I vehemently hope that there is enough left for a new renaissance

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Amen brother. That succinctly encapsulates my exact thoughts on the spectacle that was the House of Representatives this afternoon. It's not even a question of whether they support Arizona or not... keep it in the family. They allowed a foreign dignitary, and I use that term loosely, to essentially trash talk a state of our union in one of the most hallowed halls our country's short history has created... and they did so with thundering applause. Inexcusable, deplorable and in the recesses of my mind, borderline treasonous. I'm still waiting on my freakin' list of the pinheads that clapped like retarded seals so we can all hopefully deal their collective political careers a quick death.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I hate to break it to you, but virtually every law the U.S. has on the books, dare I say every law in the civilized world, is open to possible racist enforcement. To do nothing because something bad could happen is to gurantee that something bad probably will happen.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You misunderstand. I have no grievances with their disagreement to the bill. My accusal goes directly towards their actions as members of Congress. Their Actions were petty and just plain wrong. I for one intend to call them on this. I stand by my remarks and will afford them no grace in this matter.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Maybe I am misunderstanding because I don't see what is wrong with a politician showing their support or opposition to a persons speech through applause. They showed that they were against the bill, and they have every right to do so. Either they clap or they vote, either way we're getting screwed.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Well we're on our way now. Stock market crashing, government spending is finally catching up to Greece, Europe and soon to be the U.S. Thanks for jacking my future Obama.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It's probably something along the lines of, "You're a congressman! You can't give a standing ovation to a foreigner!"

...at least, that's all I gathered from the letter.

Did you actually send this to every member of the democratic caucus or just post it here?

Just watch the AZ GOP burn in the next election.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I agree 100%

As an AZ resident, I don't personally agree with the AZ law either (for a MUCH different reason than most), but I cannot believe that the POTUS allowed a foreign president to stand on the White House lawn and publicly berate one of our states.

If this doesn't show allegiance to a global government and a North American Union over his allegiance to the citizenry here at home, I don't know what does?

And instead of taking a stand against a foreign official's condemnation over Arizona, he is instead attacking Rand Paul over a COMPLETE non-issue! A made-up scandal that paints Rand Paul as a racist when really, he is only standing up for free-enterprise and expressing his apprehension in involving the government to babysit private business.

What a mess!

Stay classy Obama...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

that any state in the Union on its worst day was better that the nation of Mexico on its best

Christ. I am not born in the United States, but this kind of mentality--however quietly inserted--is the ABSOLUTE reason you will fail in your understanding and perception of people living outside of your borders. What tripe.

To say that any member of your INDESCRIBABLY corrupt "union" would make better decisions than that of another SOVEREIGN nation is...pathetic. Childish. You highlight everything lacking in your collective intellect and capacity for empathy.

Have you even paid mention to foreign policy over the last several decades? Do you not recognise the rights of every man/woman to liberty, justice, and the pursuit of happiness. Forefathers spit from a historical distance, and it is easily enough shrugged away...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join