It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fans Asked to Remove Pro-Arizona Law Shirts Druing NBA GAME

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
People should organize just before the first Pheonix game and try to sneak in to the game.
Once in, they should occupying empty seat that basketball fans won't occupy and demand that drinks and food be served for free.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
God, give it up. Who cares! These two boneheads shouldn't be showing up wearing those shirts in the first place, it's a basketball game not their local political rally.

Actually I'm almost certain this was in response to Steve Nash voicing his concern and disapproval over the new Arizona law.
So, on a similar note, Nash should basically shut up and play.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Alxandro]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
People should organize just before the first Pheonix game and try to sneak in to the game.
Once in, they should occupying empty seat that basketball fans won't occupy and demand that drinks and food be served for free.

That gave me a chuckle, thank you so much.

I highly doubt the franchise would bend over to all of the revenues being lost,

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I totally endorse what the Suns did to the gentleman, although I would fine and deport any illegal I could.
The people in question were wearing apparel with a political statement on it, if someone came to my house wearing clothing with a statement on it that I did not agree with I would kick them out of my house too.
These stadiums as we all know and understand belong 100% to the basketball teams and or NBA whichever. We know the citizens never paid a cent to fund these stadiums either so they are private property. (For the logic impaired these are sarcasm.)
If these people who paid for 1st row seats do not like this policy then I suggest they stop paying for tickets. This is the best way to put down a money hungry enemy, is to stop feeding them what they want.
I haven’t watched pro sports for about 20 years now whether in person or on TV because I realized it is all a cash cow.
Jersey $50 – 100
Cap $20 – 50
Pair of tickets to said event $??? Use your imagination is how high they can be.
Soda and Hot dog $10 – 15
Does any of this make sense? I understand a certain player will not work for cheap, after all they need the new SUV plus the fuel for it they need a lot of Bling too plus bar money drugs and hoes to make themselves look cool.
And big name endorsements from Nike Etc. aren’t quite enough.
I don’t care for the lifestyle of the average sports player so I won’t support or endorse it.
So I say let the NBA make enemies of their front row bread and butter.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S
Basketball!!! I have never heard or seen of a sport more suited to the camp and peculiar type man. A sport? Only in America!

Any game in which two men line up on opposite sides is rarely free from political motives. So to say a team need to stay away from politics undermines the aspect of competition. (If you can call basketball a competition or sport or entertainment)

"In basketball and In politics, stupidity is not a handicap." (adjusted quote, - Napoleon Bonaparte

Ugh. First of all, basketball is very popular on all continents of the globe. Second, players lining up opposing each other has absolutely nothing to do with politics. The way you're trying to reach, I'm surprised you don't ball up yourself. Third, go run full court for a few minutes with world class athletes such as NBA players. If you don't think it's a competitive sport after that, then you were doing it wrong. Nothing personal, but that was a very silly post.

Edited to add my strong opinion that we need to keep politics away from professional sports. They should be an escape from this crap, not a medium for it.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by greatpiino]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This is nothing to do with this topic but

Its about the NWO

that means knowledge of the world is only to be acquired by the new world order and there people ??

so the New world order is like this ?

Cures for everything
Always waking up with energy
feeling better each time they let a person feel bad
Loves when people wake up in the morning and turn on breaking news about bad stuff

this is not facts , just ideals of what a nwo would be like

If that is correct then 90% of the world feels bad all the time . If the new world order does not like anyone but thereself . going by sites I have seen

[edit on 18-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Politics has no place in sports or entertainment. Period.

Having said that, the Suns did bring this on themselves though the second that they decided to make a public statement on the law (by wearing their "Los Suns" jerseys, among other things).

I don't really know how far a violation freedom of speech complaint could go with the arena being a private venue. If the shirts themselves were not offensive (such as curse words), and the people wearing them were not causing a scene, then I don't think anything should have been made of this. If they had court side seats, then I can see why TNT would want the shirts to not be seen, but I'm pretty sure those shirts were tame compared to some of the other things (like fan made signs) that have been shown. Then again, those things aren't normally political.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
So much for freedom of speech.

I wonder how much of the were caught on TV by the cameras....

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy88
God, give it up. Who cares! These two boneheads shouldn't be showing up wearing those shirts in the first place, it's a basketball game not their local political rally.

So, I couldn't wear a Slayer shirt to a basketball game, because it's not a shirt about basketball, and it might offend you? Or, maybe you don't like soccer...it's not a real sport anyway, right (sarcasm)? Why would anyone wear a soccer shirt to a basketball game...?! Do you see my point?

We can't wear any kind of political shirts, at all? So, they couldn't wear a t-shirt with George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, FDR, or Kennedy on it? Or, are political t-shirts subject to a certain time frame now (as in recent past)? No political figures, or just no politics? You can't say you support a law? I thought we had free speech in the USA, or is it just free speech that doesn't make you mad?

I think the main lesson that we need to learn from this is that some people get way too angry over another person's expression of free speech. The real reaction you should have is that it's awesome to live in a country that lets you wear a shirt that expresses your freedom of thought. And, if it bothers you, then you should gather together a group of like minded people, and wear a t-shirt that says the opposite at the next game.

But, honestly...angry over someone expressing free thought?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Yog-Sothoth]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You are a guest in said stadium/ arena.
Guests can be asked to leave for any reason.
is it any more complicated than that?
if you think so stop paying them money to sit in their seats, but then you've done as they asked by not being there.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by riddle6

It's kind of like the "opening the door" argument in a court of law. You can't object to a line of questioning when you're the one who opened the door to it in the first place.

This is the same. If the Suns wanted to "open the door" to making political statements during games and in the stadium then they should fully expect others to walk through that door with their own opinions.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yog-Sothoth
We can't wear any kind of political shirts, at all?

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Yog-Sothoth]

Nope, apparently, you can only wear shirts that make statements they agree with

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
with just some respect to sports fans, the damn game isn't as important as the laws and legal issues... the real statment here whe it comes to who cares should be" its a basketball game who cares?"

oh oh oh but its the play offs... WHO CARES... you are being distracted for a reason... to watch the so called gods of basketball... who make unsane amounts of money... and dont care if you the fan gets deported or not, they still have their play time...

those men could have gone to jail in a slightly more escalated situtaion, had it not been handled properly, but the suns wouldn't have bailed them out... how excatly does a team winning any championship benfit me directly? it doesn't, what maybe a lil fake morale rise if i have been following the team for years... you have to pay for parking, tickets, sxhwag ( i.e caps jersey's shoes) over priced food and beverages, increased prices because its the paly offs, from your already taxed income.. just to pay some stupid guys to play a game...? they are not worth it at all... IMO

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

You do know that as a resident of the said city with a professional stadium arena, the taxpayers also pay into the stadium with tax breaks given to the entity for bringing business to the area. So tax payers also have a little say in the stadium, its not completely owned by the franchise.

In Phoenix the tax payers bought a new basketball arena for the Sun’s Colangelo family, a baseball park for the Diamondback’s Colangelo family and Glendale built a football stadium for the Bidwell’s Arizona Cardinals.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
thank you all for giving me this chance to speak. I do not support and I never will of people coming to america not legal

[edit on 18-5-2010 by AndersonLee]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Who sells these shirts?
I need like 600 of them.

I'm glad they got the message out.
Excellent work.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
You are a guest in said stadium/ arena.
Guests can be asked to leave for any reason.
is it any more complicated than that?
if you think so stop paying them money to sit in their seats, but then you've done as they asked by not being there.

Good, I like that. Let's roll with it. I am going to invite you as a "guest" to a party. I am going to charge you 1000 dollars for admission, then eject you because I don't like your mustache.

I'm sure that will amuse you.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Sports teams in general need to stay away from this whole subject. All they are trying to do is use this entire thing as a ploy to get more fans. More fans = more $$$$$

So they are doing it for all the wrong reasons...IMO anyhow.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

My ONLY problem is when people use their freedom of speech to purposefully stir up trouble. You gotta be responsible with your rights.

Really? That's EXACTLY the reason for your freedom of speech. It's to protect speech that is unpopular. Unpopular speech usually stirs up trouble.

Being responsible with your freedom of speech means you can't lie (unless you're a news anchor, reporter, or gov't official,... of course).

Speaking words that may stir up trouble, depending on the circumstances, may actually be the most responsible thing you can do.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
As some people here might now I'm againts this law completely for many reasons and I also agree that politics have no place in basketball.

But with that being said I completely dissagree with TNT's decision to make these guys remove their shirts. I think there should have the same rights as kobe bryants wife had when she wore her "Do I look Illegal" TShirt. She wasn't asked to remove anything this is BS.

crooksandliars.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join