It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fans Asked to Remove Pro-Arizona Law Shirts Druing NBA GAME

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
reply to post by prionace glauca

The Phoenix Suns need to stay the hell out of the politics arena! So tired of hearing their opinion on matters that have nothing to do with basketball.

As soon as religious groups stay out of politics (AFA, FRC, FoF - all tax exempt), I'll be concerned about basketball players airing their political opinions.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yog-Sothoth
You are a paying customer, not just a simple guest. A paying customer is enabled to have the right to wear a shirt that doesn't have anything explicit on it, such as a dead baby or naked people having sex. A t-shirt that asserts support in a law made up of random numbers is not graphic or explicit in any way, shape, or form.

Trust me, in a court of law you would lose with your argument, and I would win with mine, every time...unless politics entered the courtroom. You cannot make someone leave, simply because they have a shirt that says, "I support Random Bill #". It is not hate speech, and it is a violation of the Constitution.

In a court of law, the case would be thrown out because when you purchase a ticket, there are numerous riders that go along with it. Seriously - check the back of a ticket stub sometime. It's like an EULA for software. When you use the ticket for entry into the venue, you are agreeing to their conditions. You're essentially signing a contract. If you didn't review those conditions, that's your problem.

And once more, for the slow class: the Constitution applies to the GOVERNMENT. It does not apply to PRIVATE ENTITIES. That is why ATS mods can delete posts and newspapers can choose not to print certain letters to the editor..

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

The Phoenix Suns Arena and The Diamondback Arena are not fully Private Structures. The Taxpayers of Phoenix paid for both of those stadiums.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join