It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News: Descendant of Jesus tries to break into Tomb of Jesus in India

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Tomb Raider: Jesus buried in Srinagar?

That Jesus survived crucifixion, travelled to Kashmir, eventually died there and is buried in Srinagar is an urban legend which has found many takers over the years.
the medieval shrine was recently closed down after an enthusiastic ‘believer’ , New York-based writer Suzanne Olsson, allegedly tried to exhume it.

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

The tomb of Jesus?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bfa12d21401a.jpg[/atsimg]

Enter Suzanne Olsson. She is the author of a book called Jesus in Kashmir, The Lost Tomb.

The shrine itself, at the edge of a winding alley in the backstreets of old Srinagar, first came into the limelight when a local journalist, Aziz Kashmiri, argued in his 1973 book, Christ in Kashmir, that Jesus survived crucifixion some 2,000 years ago, migrated to Kashmir and was buried in Srinagar. The modest stone building with traditional multi-tiered roof slipped into oblivion but came into focus again in 2002 when Olsson arrived in Srinagar, claiming to be Christ’s ‘59th descendant’ and seeking DNA testing of the shrine’s remains.

So Suzanne Olsson is claming to be a descendant of Christ. It gets even better..

In a series of letters to the shrine’s caretakers , Olsson said she considers Rozabal a “private family tomb” . She further wrote: “My family has it (sic) origins in France, where Jesus and his wife Mary Magdalene lived for 30 years after the crucifixion. There they had two sons and one daughter. We’re descendants of the son. And if you wish to know more, I refer you to a book called Bloodline of the Holy Grail by Sir Lawrence Gardner.”

Well i so happen to have that book! This is a great book and i highly recommend it. There are many subjects covered, but mainly it speaks of the Bloodline. Lawrence Gardner is a great author and my thread about Lucifer was taken from his other book i have of his, Shadow of Solomon. Anyways, in Bloodline of the Holy Grail there is almost 100 pages of Genealogy charts.

I visited Suzanne Olsson's website but it is currently FUBAR. Thankfully there is a wonderful site called web.archive.org which lets you "time travel" back in time and view webpages from the past, and i was about to find a working page that lists the geneology that she speaks of.

web.archive.org...

I did confirm that her geneology matches up in the book. In the book, on page 363 begins the Bloodline of the Holy Grail (Messianic Descent in Britain and Europe, 1st-7th century). Jesus Marries Mary, has Jesus Jr (no joke) and Josephus, along with a daughter Tamar. Josephus has Josue and if you want to know more check out the book or visit the above link. I believe the line starts out in England and leads to the Merovingian Kings, which leads to Godfrey de Boullions for all you Knights Templar / First Crusader fans. Anyways, back to the news story at hand! If you want any more info from the book just ask me.

Olsson went on to add that she was considering moving court to press her claim and secure the right to exhume the tomb. “We feel any claims you make about the sanctity of the grave are invalid ... we would prefer to move our grandfather (out of Srinagar).’’

It was quite clear Olsson wanted to put her plan into action without wasting much time. One of the caretakers of the tomb, Mohammad Amin, alleged that they were forced to padlock the shrine as Olsson tried to dig it up and in doing so, insulted Islam. “She tried to raid the holy tomb,” he complains . He believed that the theory that Jesus is buried anywhere on the face of the earth is blasphemous to Islam.

This part i love. I will end the quotes from the story, you can read more by visiting the site.

I was not very familiar with the religion of Islam until today. I was shocked to find out that Jesus and the Virgin Mary are mentioned in the holy book of Islam, the Koran.

Infact, the Virgin Mary is an important woman in the Koran. from wiki:

en.wikipedia.org...

Mary (مريم "Maryam" in Arabic), the mother of Jesus, is considered one of the most righteous women in the Islamic tradition. She is the only woman mentioned by name in the Qur'an and her name is mentioned more times than it is in the New Testament.[1]

According to the Qur'an, Jesus (called 'Isa in Arabic) was born miraculously by the will of God without a father. His mother is regarded as a chaste and virtuous woman and is a highly respected figure in Islam. The Qur'an states that Jesus was the result of a virgin birth, but that neither Mary nor her son were divine.

In the Qur'an, no other woman is given more attention than Mary. The nineteenth sura of the Qur'an is named after her and is, to some extent, about her life. Of the Qur'an's 114 suras, she is among only eight people who have a sura named after them. In Islam, she is generally referred to as Maryam, Umm Isa (Mary, the mother of Jesus).[citation needed] For Muslims she is a symbol of submission to God and piety.

Mary is one of the most highly-regarded women in Islam; there are several verses in the Qur'an praising her and confirming that she was an extremely chaste and pious woman.

When i read this i was shocked! She is mentioned more in the Koran than the New Testament! I was also shocked to hear that this same Mary could be buried in Pakistan:

campus.udayton.edu...

Among various fascinating legends connected with the popular tourist resort of Murree, self-styled as 'Queen of the Hills' in Pakistan, there is the one about the tomb of the Virgin Mary.

Believe it or not, some claim that located on a peaceful Murree hilltop, is the very site thought to be the final abode or resting place of the Mother of Isa (AS) or Jesus Christ--better known to Muslims as Hazrat Marium (AS).

The site has been maintained and honored as far back as anyone can remember. Its importance can be judged from the fact that the surrounding country is named after the supposed gravesite.

According to an old legend, the name 'Murree' is derived from 'Marium' or Mary. Among locals it is know as Mai Mari da Asthan ("Resting Place of Mother Mary"). Indeed, when the British first arrived here in 1850s to establish a new hill-station in India, Murree was still known as Mari. The spelling was later changed to the present one in 1875.

My mind has been officially blown. Who knows the truth to all of this, but i started researching all of this after someone here mentioned that Jesus could have gone to India during the missing years. I decided to watch a documentary called Jesus in India and when i got to the part about Virgin Mary possibly being located in Pakistan i started doing research and came across this May 8th, 2010 article.

I am fascinated with the Historical Jesus. I find it strange that 18 years of his life are missing, that no one knows when he was born or died, that there is very little historical information about him and that he could have been married.

The most shocking thing, to me, is the lost years. I believe these were his most important years because this is when he obtained his wisdom and i think there is some kind of cover up to this. His teachings are very buddhist like and i have had that feeling ever since i discovered Buddhism.

Wouldn't it be amazing that all religions are connected? Judaism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism? How great would that be! We can Coexist, i promise.

Hope you enjoy and i look forward to some responses.

Is Mary Pregnant?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a0538357f287.jpg[/atsimg]
www.sacredconnections.co.uk...

[edit on 15-5-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I ran out of room above, going to sleep but will edit with a few thoughts in the morning.

The stained glass picture of Mary Magdalene and Jesus is from a church in Scotland. Scotland is a very important site for the Knights Templars and Freemasons.

Scottish Freemasonry started with the Sinclair family whom built the famous Rosslyn Chapel, which i see as the Missing Link between the Knights Templars and the freemasons.

Here is the trailer from the movie that begin my search:

[edit on 15-5-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
more stories to blind people from the truth!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
more stories to blind people from the truth!

Please enlighten us to the truth? I am dying to know the truth...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
wow interesting, funny as i was just discussing with my sister the similarities of Jesus and Buddhism. lol she is up right now.

i too had just started up my path to research as i heard about India and the lost years
as i watched a documentary called ring of power, very connective.

i used to think Jesus just didn't exist but this info is really stirring new paths up for me.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Dear BeastMaster2012

All we know about Jesus is what the Roman Catholic Church want us to know.

They destroyed all other evidence in 325AD.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by togetherwestand

Once you study further into Buddhism you will begin to piece together even more about Jesus and Christianity! It seems that, figures known as Jesus, Buddha and Muhammad all share many of the same story's of being normal men who began to search for enlightenment during the later part of their 20's, and once reached this extremely high level of enlightenment, began to utilize a star(sun) like amount of energy in order to heal others, amongst other things. Buddhism, so far in my research, seems to led me closest to the answers I have been looking for, without all the superiority type order you are reduced to in organized religions and secret society's such as the Masons. A good book to read is "Ways of Enlightenment".

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I have that Bloodlines book and all those pages of genealogy are tedoius!
I cant tell what to think of it, theres just so much stuff.

as for Jesus dying in Kashmir, I thought he went to India as a young man. I've heard about the grave as most people on here probably have, but I dont buy it. Why wouldnt he have stayed with Mary and their kids?

and I dont know what this lady expected to find. a skeleton?

I still think some believers need to storm that building in Ethiopia with the Ark (supposedly)

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

Thank you for your post! Im still not sure what you meant by the harnessing of energy, like as chi energy? so your saying these men are actualy doing supernatural things? do you know how they learned this if this is indeed what your talking about?

[edit on 15-5-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

double post

[edit on 15-5-2010 by togetherwestand]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger

as for Jesus dying in Kashmir, I thought he went to India as a young man. I've heard about the grave as most people on here probably have, but I dont buy it. Why wouldnt he have stayed with Mary and their kids?

I still think some believers need to storm that building in Ethiopia with the Ark (supposedly)

well i think she is looking for proof of jesus being there, such as holes in the palm and feet bones, or possibly things buried along side the body. or a dna sample, or markings and engravings in the tomb.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Great post,
I,ve known this theory for a while,Now slightly of topic with what you said about all the religions being one power so to speak,I watched this docu, Its about water but shows you about prayer power,there is lots of science proven in the film,it,s mainly from russia science and buddist,zen also bible muslim with modern science,but its in english ,i think you will like it and it will help you understand divine presence, and how god can know everything and heal,

topdocumentaryfilms.com...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Historically, the RC church and power politics have messed up what we know, and what is the truth... so I do not know what to beleive in that regard any more. So the story bloodlines could be true,

Take my part of England, It is the oldest Saxon nation, which is shown in a religous historical context as evil Pagan's killing every single Briton they came into contact with.. It's also shown as the last Pagan Saxon nation to join the Roman Catholic Christian party in England.

Yet the archaeology clearly demonstrates that is a lie, Not only where those Saxons living in British communities from the earliest points in History but they were also buried in the manner of Christians, even when they started their own communities they where still buried in that manner.

So, IMHO, When you have 2,000 years of lies and manipulation to deal with it is hard to sort the truth from the lies.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by togetherwestand

wow interesting, funny as i was just discussing with my sister the similarities of Jesus and Buddhism. lol she is up right now.

Especially when Buddahism is normally associated with China and not India. But as the trailer showed a flash pic.. of a Buddah colored blue and the fine facial features of the Hindi / Vedic culture.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger

Your not kidding about how tedious that bloodline is! It took me about 20 minutes just to find the bloodline where Jesus was located. You would think that they would have that bloodline first, but noooooo.

I also don't really know what to make about it also. I have been fascinated with this subject after seeing Da Vinci Code. The Rennes le chateau region is absolutely fascinating.

Yes, in the movie Jesus in India they say that Jesus went to India during the Lost Years. After learning from Hinduism and the newly developed Buddhism, he went back to Judea and tried to teach his new peaceful teachings but the Romans and Jews didn't want to hear about peace, so they tried to kill him.

This is where it gets tricky. No one knows what happened here. I personally like Holy Blood, Holy Grail's theory on what happened. They say he was crucified but they faked his death with some kind of medicine or drug that would make him appear dead, kind of like in Romeo and Juliet.

Later, with the help of drugs i believe, he would be resurrected back to life with more drugs/medicine and shortly after he probably left for either France or back to India with Mary and the kids if he had them by then.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hi OP, interesting thread, you'll like the next links about Jesus in Tibetan scrolls.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

I think the truth is kept hidden by the Catholic Church.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Other than fame, I wonder what this woman is honestly hoping to achieve with all of this. I doubt she has pure intentions though. Just my humble opinion of course.

Great thread, OP!!!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Maybe she wants to put whatever she finds in there on e-bay. Can you imagine the price any artifacts would fetch?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

it was apostle thomas, jesus' lookalike, who went to india. I have a thread about it somewhere

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I read Bloodlines after Holy Blood Holy Grail by Michael Baigent, Richard Leigh and Henry Lincoln.
Both are mind blowing books. HBHG reads more like a well documented thesis and is awesome to those like me that want to verify facts.

Bloodlines of the Holy Grail is very well written and he paints a picture with the facts of HBHG that is hard to ignore. One of the most interesting and in fact eye opening details is that the letters which comprise the New Testement were written to and for people in that time of Roman occupation and written in a basic code language so that Roman authorities wouldn't understand the message.

For me, the bottom line is to understand the message that Jesus presents and ignore the deification attempts that Paul and the "Holy Roman" church and its offshoots propose. If a person can do that, then the church looses its grip as being God's mouthpiece on earth. A long step toward freedom.

I hope this decendant is merely attempting to clear her ancestor's name and set the record straight in an attempt to let TRUTH reign.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join