It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Knowing would be our downfall.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
We have signs of possible alien life dating back as far as humans know. I bring forth a look on why we have no proof. If anti gravity and many other high tech items were given to us humans now.. that would be roughly the same as attaching rocket launchers on dogs that fire when they bark.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Oh no, another one of those "humans are awful" posts. Yeah, we are so bad we should be wiped off the planet like a plague. Seriously, you "human apologists" just crack me up.

It is ignorance of this magnitude that scares me, not some imaginary aliens.

Further, if we knew of the existance of et's then the human world would go crazy

If there is anything I have learned from the years and years of being into this subject is that many don't have far to go, lol....

it would open up doors and give us fact of something we arent ready for...

Who's we? Ya got a mouse in your pocket or are you trying to speak for all of humanity here?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Speak for yourself I was ready a while ago oh snap.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I have to agree. If it came out tomorrow that there was intelligent life beings somewhere in the universe, that we weren't the only ones inhabiting the vastness of space, life as we know it on earth would CHANGE instantaneously.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xagathorn

Dear Xagathorn

I am going to argue about this statement

“if we knew of the existance of et's then the human world would go crazy,”

It would seam that this is not true, or at least not back in 47.

For one day back then the world new and it didn’t go crazy, perhaps it did not have enough time at that point before the story was withdrawn.

Other than that I really do see your point. However perhaps some of us do have this technology already.

But to back up your point if that is true then for sure the wrong people have it.

The problem is will we make it to be a class 1 civilization without some help, the way it looks today we will not make it.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You are essentially right. I think people are able to accept that there is other intelligent life in the universe, which has and is visiting. However, I don't know how they would feel if said aliens didn't want to share technology that we couldn't handle.

Case-in-point, anti-gravity tech. I am certain that we already have this technology being used in secret government military programs. They can't say we do, and if aliens did. regular joes would expect to be privy to using such tech. You think the government of the US or any nation, wants people to be able to fly point-to-point anywhere in the world in minutes? "Anti-grav license' aside, it would take decades to have a system to regulate the traffic.

One aspect where such tech would be highly useful would be in emergency vehicles. The ability to get from a station to a patient and to a hospital in a few minutes would save countless lives. Those are private companies, the government wouldn't want to pass along that tech, and the people would be resentful towards the government for having a monopoly.

A person could handle just about anything alien. Society as a whole cannot.

I am personally resentful to any ets who see our plight and not want to help, while at the same time knowing it is us (the governments) that would screw it up if they did.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269

It would seam that this is not true, or at least not back in 47.

For one day back then the world new and it didn’t go crazy, perhaps it did not have enough time at that point before the story was withdrawn.

That was speculation. If there was DEFINITIVE evidence that suggested that intelligence life existed, and not some Area 51 nonsense, it would be a different story. I'm not saying people on earth would go "crazy," but life would be different somehow.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Illmatic67

Dear Illmatic67

“life as we know it on earth would CHANGE instantaneously,”

Yes but for the better or for the worse.

It would have to get better as I can not see it getting a whole lot worse.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The Op's opinion is shared by the world powers. I must disagree with him and them. There is one major change that would occur and that is the major religions would be hard pressed to synthesize a solution to their empty coffers and a response to the evidence presented that the religous dictators have covered up, to the best of their ability, each discovery that alludes to these visitors' interaction in ancestor's lives.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I'm not saying people on earth would go "crazy," but life would be different somehow.

But good different, as long as they didn't interact with us and the government didn't paint a "they're here to eat our brains" campaign.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Dear Illmatic67

“That was speculation,”

It was head line news around the world, some speculation???

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The oldest question in the history of mankind is if we're alone in the universe or not. I reckon that any answer to this question would have severe consequences. Would it for the better of society as a whole or would it worsen things even more, who knows? But someone earlier said it best: a single person can handle anything, society can't.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   

It was head line news around the world, some speculation???

Like I said earlier: it would have to be DEFINITIVE evidence. No one talks about 1947 anymore, I doubt it was anything serious.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Dear Illmatic67

People have know that we are not along since Adam was a lad.

All that would be happening is swapping FAITH for reality.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Wouldn't swapping faith for reality be a major turning point in mankind's history? I think so.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Dear Illmatic67

1947 not serious, humm if it where not for this date we would not be here on this site now.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Dear Illmatic67

“Wouldn't swapping faith for reality be a major turning point in mankind's history? I think so.”

Agreed but for the better or worse???

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
In the grand scheme of things 1947 is peanuts. Nothing happened, no need to elaborate. And I'm sure people would find other events that would make this website possible.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Agreed but for the better or worse???

It would be pretty bad for the people who are around to hear such news, yes. It would be bad for their children and their grandchildren. But eventually humans will evolve as we always do.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
why do you hate humans so much? you are one right? you seem to have little regard for humanity. such self loathing cant be good.......

now to stay on topic (mods) i feel we need disclosure for many reasons keep the govt's and religions in check. advance as a species gain new technology world peace (if everyone saw giant alien ships hovering in the sky every human conflict ie war would end instantly) the list is endless. we need the aliens more than they need us

<<   2 >>

join