It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Experiences -- Bed shaking, odd feelings, and then it touched me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Greetings ATS. First, a disclaimer: I don't have any proof to validate the stories I am about to tell you other than my word. I can only relay my experiences and tell you a little about my background in hopes you won't think I'm off my rocker.

I haven't had dozens of paranormal experiences in my life. I haven't been abducted by aliens. I never had stories to tell around the campfire...but I sure do now.

I moved into a house last December 2009. My roommate has lived in the house her entire life off and on. The house was built by her grandparents in the 1920's. She and her sister both have had experiences in the house. She doesn't talk about it much because hello! it can make you sound crazy rambling about ghosts and such. In fact, she never told me about her experiences before I moved in. Convenient, huh?

At least 2 people have died in the house. Her great grandmother and her grandfather. Some lumber used in the house was salvaged from a home that burned down. I don't know the details of the fire whatsoever or if anyone really does.

So, I moved in. My room is upstairs, hers is down. Now I know why...because sh*t goes down upstairs.

First Experience
I awoke from a dead sleep in the middle of the night around 3am which I almost never do. I sleep like a rock. I immediately got the heebie jeebies. I lay still and listened. I heard a creaking on the stairs and I was thinking "Oh great, someone is in here and I'm going to die now."

I froze and listened. My cat, who sleeps on the bed with me at my feet, jumped up, and ran up behind my head. I was petrified. I just laid there still...listening. I eventually fell back to sleep. No one can get in my home without making A LOT of noise. They would have to crash down the door or break a window. So, I knew no one was really there.

The fact that the cat responded to the incident freaked me out a little. Since I had been asleep...I was still groggy and fell back to sleep rather quickly. Everything was normal the next morning.

Second Incident
Now this one, I admit, just sounds crazy...like I've seen The Exorcist one too many times...you don't know me, but I'm not a liar and I don't make sh*t up.

It was pretty late...or early depending upon how you look at it. I was around 2:30am and I was reading before going to sleep. I had on my lamp, book in hand, and the cat was asleep in his spot.

All of a sudden the bed shook. It wasn't like the entire thing shook...the only thing I can liken it to is when you have an animal on the bed and they scratch and it shakes the bed. It felt like that and lasted about that long. Again, the cat was asleep...until this happened.

He jumped up and got down off the bed. He paced the room a couple of times staring and meowing at the ceiling. I didn't see anything. He jumped up on the desk to get closer and even put his front paws on the wall a couple of times. After about 20 minutes, he settled back down and went back to sleep. I, too, went to sleep.

Third Time's the Charm
The very next night...a bit earlier this time...around 11:30pm, I was reading in bed again. The cat was sleeping in his spot. It was the same scenario...just earlier. Again, the bed shook just like the night before. The cat looked up from his spot. The pupils in his eyes got large and he looked around a minute, and then laid his head down and went right back to sleep.

Most Recently
...as in last night...I had been trying to go to sleep for a while after reading for a bit. The cat was...I dunno. He doesn't like his spot as well in the summer. I was laying on my left side facing the wall. I was almost asleep when I felt someone there behind me. Then I felt an arm beneath my shoulder. I never felt the hand slide in, it was just suddenly there. Then a gentle touch on my right side like where you might tickle someone in the ribs.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I thought it was my roommate at first telling me she was home from her 3rd shift job for some reason or other. At the exact same moment I went to roll back to ask if everything was okay, this guttural female voice said the same word three times quickly. It sounded like someone trying to talk with a bubble in their throat and the word sounded like "keyhole" or "guilt".

With the motion of my beginning to roll back, everything dissipated. I didn't feel the touch, heard nothing...it was REALLY weird.

I lay still with my eyes closed listening for several minutes. I didn't want to open my eyes because I am really not trying to SEE anything. That would freak me out to no end. About 5 minutes after the incident, the cat assumed his position on the bed and I finally fell asleep.

So what do y'all think?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This type of activity happened to me. It started out slow, then the soft touch on the shoulder, eventually on my legs and now it went a step futher by fondling me.

Not sure what to make of it? Its a different times so I really can't pin it on the ol 3:00 AM hour.

Let me know how it turns out for you, I was kind of freaked

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Yoda1

have you ever watched "The Entity" starring Barbara Hershey? It is the true story of a woman savaged and raped by an invisible entity, able to physically assault her all the while remaining invisible.If you have Netflix you can stream it to your monitor, or if you have a player, to your TV set. I have read stories about reptoid beings who try torturing us while asleep. This is scary stuff. Check out the movie if you get a chance. Have you been praying to God for help?

[edit on 14-5-2010 by jymmyjaymes]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I've had many experiences myself =)

Doesn't sound like it is there to harm you. Maybe it is trying to alert you about something?

Get a tape player and let it play. See if you pick up any voices or noises. EVPs.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
"Bed shaking, odd feelings, and then it touched me"

I think you just had sex.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by glitchinthematrix

You should move out of the house immediately. As the entity gains your attention and focus, it grows in strength. Who knows what is next but I believe it is in your best interests not to find out. There is the risk, as has occurred in other cases, that "it" will follow you wherever you go.

If things escalate, as in the movie cited above which by the way is a true account, no one can or will help you. Your situation then defines the word "helpless". It is best not to risk that kind of situation.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Jrags]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jymmyjaymes

No, I haven't seen that, but I have Netflix. I'm not sure I wanna watch. hehe That was something that I forgot to mention. I was raised in church my entire life. I own many Bibles, spiritual books, and Christian music. I no longer attend church regularly, but I do believe in angels and principalities.

I have never felt any malevolence during these occurrences. I get the creeps and get freaked out, but I don't feel any sense of harm hence the reason I can peacefully go to sleep.

It's just....weird. It has all happened in the last 6 months. There is no rhyme or reason to the timing or frequency. It had been so long between the last two incidents that I thought "it/they" was/were gone.

Thanks for your responses...exactly what I was looking for...insight, advice, and perhaps others with similar experiences. I appreciate y'all.

Originally posted by lifeinthematrix
"Bed shaking, odd feelings, and then it touched me"

I think you just had sex.

Hehe...Nah...that's a little more familiar feeling. Ahem. This was very unfamiliar and foreign.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by glitchinthematrix]

reply to post by Jrags

I posted the first 3 stories on another forum a couple months ago and several people there said the same thing. Moving is not an option. I love this house. Based on my faith, I do not fear whatever is here because greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Happened to me once, I woke up and something touched or brushed up against my hair and the bed shock as it jumed off my pillow...it turned out that a rat had got in the house and liked the smell of my hair I suppose.

Got out my brothers air pistol and chashed it up into the raffters , took a couple of shots but didnt hit it.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

get a gun. if there's anyone real u can shoot them. if its a ghost, then well? what can it do? pass through you? or call ghost busters.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

hehe Funny. There was actually another incident...

I was in the bathroom one night washing my face and getting ready for bed. The bathroom is connected to the kitchen via the back porch of the house which used to be open, but is now a closed in room. I heard snoring.

My roommate's grandfather spent his last days in a room off the kitchen and well...he snored. I walked out on the "back porch", toothbrush in hand and said, "What the f*ck!?!"

I still kept hearing it so I hurried and went upstairs to my bed because everyone knows that blankets shield you from monsters. The next morning, I was telling my roommate about it in the kitchen when I heard it again.

Come to find out, it was an oscillating fan. LOL.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hi...it seems you have a curious entity roaming about. I suggest you simply tell it to leave you alone. If it continues to act out, then more drastic measures may need to be taken. I don't think it's anything demonic or dangerous but it's always best to be on your guard until you know what your dealing with. Good luck...

Phantoms and Monsters

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Medieval1028]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Medieval1028

Hey, that's cool. I'm actually a freelance writer, so you got some stuff for free since I'd like to remain anonymous on ATS. :-) It's a loophole. Don't tell anyone.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Medieval1028

yea just say. "hey if you dont leave me alone ima dial 555 and call ghost busters!"

who you gon' call?

GHOST BUSTERS!

ta da dada tada

GHOST BUSTERS

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

It's creepy stuff, but don't sweat about it. I've had the same things and more happen in the house I grew up in for over ten years. Not every damn day, but very frequent. Some occasions scared the hell out of me and by the time I left home, whatever it was just annoyed me. I'd tell it to f*** off.

First explanations are naturally some aspect of sleeping disorder, sleep paralysis etc. The idea suits me just fine if it didn't happen to be the only house I've lived in where it happens. Funnily enough, it also happens to other people staying the night and more than once in broad daylight. There's a good explanation for these events around the corner...

I'm not about to start calling it 'ghosts' as I don't believe in them. Just like the Adams Family, it's mysterious and spooky.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Sometimes it just nice to know you're not the only one. I know I'm not crazy, but anything to further affirm that is great. hehe

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Interesting story.

Ive had similar experiences for most of my life, so I believe you, and I know how surprising these things can be.

For some reason, I have issues with the 3am-ish time of the night as well, and I think there definitely is something to it.

If you read the thread I have in my sig, you'll see what I mean.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Thanks for sharing. I starred and flagged your thread. :-)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jymmyjaymes

Yes I did see the movie the Entity. What's happening to me is sometimes so intense I am at the verge of you know? The feeling is hard to explain. Like I said in my earlier reply it first started as a touching sensation in other places vs. my private areas. Then it escalated, not scary just different.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I had all the same experiences with noise and even my bed aswell. It was in the middle of the day and I was sitting in the center of my bed, my cat was doing his own thing on the other side of the room. Then instead of a shaking, there was pushing up underneath me that was pretty strong. My cat became spooked and was looking under the bed from the corner of the room. That was just one of over a dozen different unexplained physical events. It's crazy stuff and changes how you see things after experiencing it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join