It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Fox news is a truly amazing organisation. Such vaunting stupidaity cannot be real and they (fox) are so consistent!

Bacl in the 70s burning flags seemed a cool protsts toi me (Sorry). However understand the role of symbols as I get older makes my blood run cold. The flag is beyond race colour or creed I believe that it is a symbol that lives in its own right. The flag goes beyond the so called patriots.It is a symbol for all the people. No one should reject the flag as it will go to the other side i.e. your opponents as their emblem be it right (likely) or left (unlikely).

Here endth the sermon

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa
www.foxnews.com...

Apparently FOX News considers the American Flag the “least incendiary” item to ban in order to “protect the children.” They just released a poll debating the merits of banning the American Flag in public schools in order to quell potential race fights.

What country is this? The fact that FOX News would even OFFER “Banning the American Flag…” as a poll choice is beyond logic and reason. But the worst part?

67% are in FAVOR of banning the flag.

www.truthistreason.net...

What is going on that people can be in favor of banning the flag?

No. This is a lame decision. Teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it.
Yes. The safety of students comes first.
Not sure, but of all things to ban, the American flag would seem the least 'incendiary.'
Other (post a comment)

Those were the choices given to those taking the poll. What do they mean, "teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it"? That's like a totally weird thing to say, as though the flag means something bad.

Fox News and the rest of the commies should familiarize themselves with this info! All my children were taught this years ago and when they say but
dad, what his name said this or that about the flag....I refresh their memory with these documented & legal facts!

UNITED STATES CODE
TITLE 36
CHAPTER 10

www.usflag.org...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

Sorry, should have said legal citizen of the US. Illegals and any other non-citizen should not have a vote at all. Internet polls are too open ended and get flooded with folks who have no real attachment to the topic being polled.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I must admit to being a little too upset to take the time to read all the replies but will a little later.

I would like very much to speak PERSONALLY with any and all of those who said we should ban our flag!!!!

I am not saying this in a bragging manner; but, I have left blood, guts and body parts in various parts of this world in, what I was told, defense of this flag. I can think of many many choice words which I would like to say to these people.

If I had spoken to anyone about banning our flag, I would be d@%*d sure they were not a veteran. That would be a really good way of getting an a** kicking!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You gotta figure, if we have threads like this, and this is serious....

The United States of America is Finished

The Flag is our symbol, that which ties us together, along with the Constitution and all of the rights it guarantees. When it is gone, our country is also.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
O K

I have read about all of this trash I can stand for today!

The next one of you who wants to even consider banning the American flag, I have a request for you.

I would ask for those who would wish to ban our flag to fulfil two tasks and then I might be interested in talking about this again.

1) Go to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Washinton, DC and spit on it !!

NEXT

2) Go to the White house and take down the flag there !!

I purposely put the easier task last.

If you survive these task, give me a call

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
And, yet, the American Flag is all about the need for physical violence in resolving certain issues, including tyrannical oppression by a central government.

Yes, I understand that some people — notably in our government and in our state-sponsored educational system — wish to eliminate all thoughts of violence and armed insurrection from the populace, which is exactly the sort of resolution of which the American Flag reminds us.

No, we should not be teaching our children that "violence is never the answer"... American History teaches us precisely the opposite lesson, that there are causes for which we should be prepared to fight and die.

Liberty is one of them. And the American Flag is a constant reminder of the necessity of spilling blood in defense of Liberty.

— Doc Velocity

I don't disagree. American flag or not, though, the willingness to violently kill one's oppressors has been suppressed greatly in this nation.

I don't have much trust in the American people anymore, regardless of a flag.

Perhaps that time will come again, but I remain doubtful.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
This is some creative journalism IMO.

Lets take a look at some *facts*

Updated May 06, 2010
Should the American Flag Be Banned -- in America?
By You Decide
- FOXNews.com

Should the display of an American flag be banned, even if a school administrator feels that display could lead to fights?

YOU DECIDE
Should the American Flag be Banned -- in America?

No. This is a lame decision. Teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it.

Yes. The safety of students comes first.

Not sure, but of all things to ban, the American flag would seem the least 'incendiary.'

Other (post a comment)

This is not a scientific poll.

www.foxnews.com...

Now, what was happening on May 6th?

Oh I see now.

Updated May 06, 2010
California Students Sent Home for Wearing U.S. Flags on Cinco de Mayo
By Joshua Rhett Miller
- FOXNews.com

Administrators at a California high school sent five students home on Wednesday after they refused to remove their American flag T-shirts and bandannas -- garments the school officials deemed "incendiary" on Cinco de Mayo.

(snip)

Lis Wiehl, a former federal prosecutor and a Fox News legal analyst, said the incident appears to a "blatant" violation of the students' First Amendment right to free speech. She noted that inciting violence is an exception to a First Amendment legal defense, but Wiehl said she saw no indications that the students provoked anyone.

"Unless I'm missing something, this seems like a blatant violation of the First Amendment," said Wiehl, adding that uniforms are not required at the public school. "And they're wearing, of all horrific things, the American flag."

(read more at the link.)

www.foxnews.com...

So, as you can see, this was an inflamatory attempt to discolor Fox News, once again, into something it is not. Anyone that had been paying even the least bit of attention to the news on May 6th would have known about the flag flap in that school.

Instead, any reference to the terms "administrator" and "incindiary" were left out of the OP. Intentionally?

YOU DECIDE.

edit to remove duplicate paragraph

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
this reminds me of an old plot from 'yes prime minister' on the wording of polls for specific results. by manipulating the wording and the way the questions are asked they can pretty much get whatever response they (poll takers) want.

example 1 -

1. Do you think that racism is bad?

2. Are you in favour of pro-activley acting against any people or parties that wish to cause racially motivated hate crimes in your area?

3. Do you believe that children should not be exposed to symbols that incite racial tension and conflict and they should be removed from schools?

example 2 -

1. Are you proud to be an American?

2. Do you think that we should be able to celebrate our history and liberty freely?

3. Do you agree that the American Flag should be able to fly freely over any institute in America?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

Those were the choices given to those taking the poll. What do they mean, "teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it"? That's like a totally weird thing to say, as though the flag means something bad.

Apparently you didn't even read your own link to the poll, and did not know about the flag flap in that school.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I would think, however, that the following text on the poll should have given you reason to do some further research in the instance that you did not know:

From your link:
www.foxnews.com...

Should the display of an American flag be banned, even if a school administrator feels that display could lead to fights?

Instead you ask, "What do they mean, "teach the kids what the flag means, instead of banning it"?

Really?

ETA: Why did you leave this off the OP? Kinda Kurious.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Libertygal]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
No true American wants to ban the flag. This poll is bull# propaganda meant to make people think that everyone wants to do it so the masses will follow the popular opinion like sheep.

You cant ban our flag. I got news for anyone who has this idea in their head. Men have fought and died holding our flag and many many many thousands will willingly do so again. This is the same symbol that our soldiers are fighting and dieing under RIGHT NOW!

These colors don't run!!!

If my post office was flying a Mexican flag I would tear that # down and replace it with the proper representation of our country. Sue me, jail me whatever, screw yourself!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ef38e115e7d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15437934c662.jpg[/atsimg]

I wonder if the poll included any of these people? I highly doubt it...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67619a94240f.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Digital_Reality]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
i fully agree with it

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
In every single thread that uses a "Fox News" or "CNN" poll or something similar, I say the same thing.

These polls are NOT legitimate or accurate sources of information. My Political Analysis professor would blow his lid if he saw that these polls were being used in an article. There are so many factors as to why these polls are inaccurate that you're better off going downtown wherever you live and taking a poll because yours would probably be more legitimate.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
holy #! what the hell is going on in our schools these days? this is unfathomable.. you know why 67% said yes right? its cause they used the word "safety" in the poll... luckily none of this is binding and sheer opinon but still damn.. where the hell did america go and when did it leave?

[edit on 14-5-2010 by TheCoffinman]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Never, if you ban the flag you might as well ban The Pledge Of Allegiance, the Constitution.

The fact that Old Glory still shines bright and will forever shine bright is a testament to the enduring spirit that is The United States Of America.

Have some faith in your nation or get out. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. No one is forcing you to stay here. The fact you are still here tells me that you do not subscribe to this nonsense.

The Flag will forever wave in grand fashion like it's been doing since 1776.
Personally I find the reason for this thread to be insulting and seeing how it's Fox News where this showed up on tells me that vile pos's in the USA are so deadset against an African American in the White House shows how truly racist the station really is.

Fox News should change it's colours from red, white and blue to red and black to matchup with KKK-Nazi colours as that's all they are.

Oh yeah, every single one of these threads see I will reply to so that our great nation isn't being deceived by racist ideaology. Whoever don't like it can pack up and leave this great nation as you are no longer welcomed here.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
OK guys I can't help it I have to let you in on it. The poll was manipulated by a group of people as a joke to piss people like you off.
The people who voted "yes" did so only for the laughs, not because they think the flag should be banned.
I'm not going to tell you who it was who did it, but no one should take an internet poll as seriously as you all have anyways.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This shouldn't be part of the Globalist Agenda, since the USA itself is vital part of it. Destroying the sovereignty of USA is separatism, not globalism. Just like the destruction of the USSR, Yugoslavia, EU, UN etc. actually provokes nationalism rather than destroying it. As much as the Globalist Agenda seems successful, it is really not - banning the US flag would be the dumbest "move"... I'd agree however that this could be a result of globalism and political correctness overload and thus counter-productive (anti-globalist).

Now if they'd replace the flag with a "North American Union" one, that'd be Globalist Agenda alright

Edit: Hmmm.... "NAU"... just doesn't cut it.

[edit on 14/5/2010 by SassyCat]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Trolled by 4chan, ATS.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'm kinda confused about this whole issue. Part of me was mad at the idea of banning the flag in the country which it represents, just out of the apparent stupidity of it... But the other part of me says "so what". Nations live and die, and so what if/when we no longer have a national identity? We are human beings, we don't need "national identities". We don't need to be identified with a piece of land or a government system.
I live in America, but before being an American, I'm a human being. Far before.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
edit
edit

[edit on 14-5-2010 by Digital_Reality]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join