It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's now obvious why the market ``crashed``

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Know what was planned today for a vote in the senate?

A vote to BREAK UP THE BIG BANKS.

Here BNO, as a source

And here's huffingtonpost, a pro-Obama source

Senate votes 61-33 against a proposal to require giant U.S. banks to split up

This was a direct threat... DO THAT AND THE ECONOMY IS DEAD, WE OWN YOU.

This is not different from September 2008 when the bankers, Paulson in particular, threatened martial law, blood in the streets and the stock market plunging a few thousands points if they did not get their bailout.

THIS IS FINANCIAL TERRORISM PEOPLE.

The banks have taken over the US!

WAKE UP.

EDITED TO ADD LINKS.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

+2 more 
posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I think your statement that the banks took over the US is false... The banks have ALWAYS owned the US.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Can you link to a source on this, I believe you but my friends won't believe me without a source.

Thanks for adding the sources, this is startling news and makes perfect sense, I had no idea.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by sremmos]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It can't be that obvious and simple can it?

multi faceted incident going on here.. regulations coming into play, as well as the expected correction and lots of creative bookkeeping by govts imo.

btw what time did the vote happen and how exactly does it correlate to the big dip? If the vote happen directly after the big dip then you might be on to something

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Good analysis, no even I, knew about the vote today, but we knew that the big monopoly banks will never allow to be divided.

To tell you the truth all this market manipulation and ponzi Scheme is looking like a bad world control and domination movie.

Is going to take what the people in Greece is doing to change something in this nation.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

btw what time did the vote happen and how exactly does it correlate to the big dip? If the vote happen directly after the big dip then you might be on to something

The big dip happened TODAY and the vote happened TODAY.

The bankers are just showing what they can do in a few seconds if they get broken up.

In TWO MINUTES TODAY, THEY WIPED OUT 1 TRILLION OFF THE STOCK MARKET.

IN TWO MINUTES. And let's say it was just an ``error``... what happens IF THEY ARE PISSED AND WANT to crash the market? 10 trillions wiped out in 10 minutes?

I mean...do you DENY that they've done that kind of thing before? Because they've done it, confirmed in october 2008 to get their bailout.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

But this means that that 1 trillion really doesn't exist, is nothing but computer generated image of something that is and never was there.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
timing is everything, had this happen earlier, our oil friends would have been in big trouble too, but it happened after the oil markets closed, coincidence.. I think not.. multifaceted event happened.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What crash?

This was a market reaction to global economic troubles.

Fear and paranoia is far more rampant and effective amongst investors than conspiracy theorists.

The real crash if/when it happens will be when the indexes lose 50% or more before trading is halted.

That day will come soon enough, and no one in government or in the banking world wants that to happen.

Today was a great buy and sell opportunity... Some smart people could have made a lot of money.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I swear when the dow was nose diving at a very fast rate, I thought it was going to go to 0 just like the scene in Live Free Or Die Hard movie.....

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
and they done the same technique with passing other bills, one such which they threatened with civil chaos and martial law imposed. power of fear, over citizens and lower government.

i think this has to get to front page
IT S NOT A COINCIDENCE

s+f.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
What crash?
Today was a great buy and sell opportunity... Some smart people could have made a lot of money.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

What about the little people?
They don't have the "inside edge" that others have. Somebody lost a lot more, or all their money today

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It's not just that....BERNIE SANDERS changed his audit the fed amendment TODAY and watered it down. He was a huge fighter for a full fed audit and he caved in.

The bank won 2 HUGE battles today. Coincidentally, the stock took a major nose dive earlier in the day.

I think it was a threat to either fall in line or watch the economy fall.

Ron Paul: Bernie Sanders switches amendment and weakens Fed Audit

[edit on 6-5-2010 by David9176]

+5 more 
posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Wouldn't is be great if the markets crashed, the newspapers announced the world was broke, and politicians begged screamed and cried on television while the normal people of the world paid no attention and went on with their lives in a compassionate loving manner.

Hmmm, what would happen then.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
If the dip happened b/c of the vote, then why did the markets rally back 600+ by close.

I think part of what exacerbated this move was the fact that most traders were getting long the market expecting a usual intraday reversal but when the suspected trader error occured, it didn't happen and they all had to bail out. Then the shorts started piling on for a quick scalp which set the stage for the bounce back up when the shorty's started covering.

If you didn't understand that then you really don't understand the way markets work

Well see what happens tomorow.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm still not not sure what to make of this theory, but a few of the sites I visit are a-buzzin' with it.

Anyways, here's the other source.

Nate:

Posted by Nathan A. Martin at 12:52 PM

Now, let’s talk about today, the drop was NOT a “fat fingered” mistake. The backdrop was set for a crash with the movement in currencies over the past several days. Today Harry Reid made a statement that he was going to support legislation to break up the big banks and that it and the audit the Fed bill would make it to a vote. KABOOM. The central banks who own all the computers and all the stock hit the sell button. The lesson? Don’t mess with the people who control the money. This is yet another historic event where the central bankers are flat out blackmailing the people in order to get their way. The message is, “keep your hands off or we crater the markets.” - Full Text

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Has anyone thought about where we (& the bankers) would be if in 2008, Bush would have had the huevos to tell Paulson "work it out amongst yourselves" and then immediately spent the bailout money creating a REAL economy- agriculture, manufacturing & production & infrastructure between the people on Main Street, leaving the Wall Street crooks out in the cold *to face the consequences of what they had done*? Think the shareholders wouldn't have gotten together & gone after the bankers for the money they'd been cheated out of? Or that there wouldn't have been a mass clamor of people headed to Congress demanding that corporations be dissolved & restitution made from the assets of EVERYBODY who benefitted from the scam & that the Congress would have had any choice but to accommodate the people? THAT would have been a REAL "'correction"/ adjustment/ reset.

People should have gotten a hint after the S&L crisis in the 80s. They should have been MUCH more careful after the repeal of Glass- Steagall in the 90s; knowing the protections were no longer there. But even after 2008 & all the bailouts, unemployment, losing their 401Ks & investments, for anyone to give- or allow, 5 cents of their money to go to these crooks, they deserve what they get. We've KNOWN they are crooks for over 20 months!
Risks. Have. Consequences.

This is the opposite end of the welfare/ entitlement debate. Personal responsibility except in situations beyond a person's control EQUALLY.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Bernie Sanders' watering down, the Audit The Fed Bill advancement, Times Square Car Bomb, RFK Bridge NYC suspicious vehicle the stage is now set for a ultimate coup d'etat. Welcome to the New America people, it is here, it is now, it is everywhere.

The perfect power play has been conducted as has reiterated that, yet again we are owned by the banks and Wall St. and if anyone dares question that the financial infastructure will wither and collapse.

The rules of old no longer apply. The rule of today is that it's them or no one.

The little kid games continue and the fact that we all are on to them makes it that much harder to hide.

Financial terrorism, actual terrorism, literate total control over government the game is on.

Be careful, be safe, watch out for one another we are entring new and as yet uncharted territory. Let nothing from now on out surprise anyone. Keeo calm, keep your head, stay calm and you will overcome this. Trust me on this.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The cause appears to be algorithm trading ("Algo trading) combined with the rapidity of electronic trades which then ran amok. There's now a call for a crackdown on computer-driven high-frequency trading -- some exchanges had mechanisms in place to slow the pace of trades.

The problem is rumored to be a trade in Proctor and Gamble stock (via a trade in Citigroup), though other sources cite the problems in Greece as the foundation. The crash lasted for a period of about 15-30 minutes:

www.reuters.com...

www.usatoday.com...

abcnews.go.com...

www.nydailynews.com...

(Blog with a few more details on the P&G angle)
blogs.wsj.com...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I see they are taking this out of the 2008 playbook. Bribe Washington with market Armageddon if they vote against the banks.

Holy... shnikies!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join