It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friends daughter burned 65% of her body. Need help please.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I am working in Iraq.
I have a friend who is an Iraqi citizen and works with me. He is a good person. Just another working guy trying to take care of his family.

About 3 days ago his 21 year old adopted daughter was badly burned in a fire. she has second and third degree burns over 65% of her body. She is in a hospital in Basra and is in poor condition. The doctors have done all that they can for her but they are working without a proper burn ward and don't have the skills needed to save her. She needs a modern facility and surgery.

Things are very bad.

My friend called me on the phone and asked if I could help her. I'm stuck without the ability to travel. No resources except an internet connection and patchy phone service that won't make long distance connections for more than a few seconds.

My friend knows I'm not able to help her myself but he is desparate. He doesn't want his daughter to die> I can't in any good concience give up looking for help and I'm grasping at straws too.

We need to help her and are desperately searching for solutions.

I've got a few friends in the states who have done some looking but nothing is working out.

I've sent correspondence to doctors without borders, shriners, burn centers, charitable organizations. No response.

This is not a thread.

This is a plea for help.

If anybody has any ideas, please respond.

Please.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Anybody with any ideas please contribute.

Anyone

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I wish I could help, I have no idea where to start.

Bumping this.

You'd probably get more attention on ATS than BTS by the way!

[edit on 6-5-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I wish I could help as well but I am powerless.
This is the best I can do.

Please take a look at these links...its the best I can do,sorry.

www.essortment.com...

Treatment for third-degree burns will depend on the severity of the burn. Burn severity is determined by the amount of body surface area that has been affected. The burn severity will be determined by your child's physician. Treatment for third-degree burns may include the following:

early cleaning and debriding (removing dead skin and tissue from the burned area). This procedure can be done in a special bathtub in the hospital or as a surgical procedure.
intravenous (IV) fluids containing electrolytes

antibiotics by intravenous (IV) or by mouth

antibiotic ointments or creams

a warm, humid environment for the burn

nutritional supplements and a high-protein diet

pain medications
www.healthsystem.virginia.edu...

Sorry I can't help more then this.
If she can't be treated in hospital then maybe this info can help.
Good luck,I hope things workout.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I've no idea if this suggestion will help, but it's all I have.

When a friend badly scalded himself the ambulance crew told us that we should have put cling film over the burn. It keeps the area clean and acts like 'skin' to protect it and helps to reduce the pain caused by exposure. (Sorry, I'm not to good at explaining things).

If medical equipment is in short supply, would your friend be able to find a supply of cling film to wrap the wounds? Would any be available in the kitchen where you work?

I'm hoping, like Phoenix, to at least 'bump' your thread.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
tHIS MAY SOUND A BIT AWKWARD BUT ITS THE BEST I CAN DO RIGHT NOW NOT BEING A DOCTOR...

Sorry for caps....

This is old vilage people practice....

Not your average doctor accepted methods...

I don t remember the details but i will give you the story and you can use it as best you can if at all...

There was a pregnant woman that was towards the end of her pregnancy.

An accident happened to her.

I don t recall what but she could take no medicine and she had skin and internal damage if i recall well.

Doctors stood by without being able to help.

I don t remember but either the woman or the child or both were in danger of dying.

A man walked in the room in the hospital offering the solution.

It worked at that case.

He insisted a hunter went out to clear land ( no pesticides etc) and caught a few hares.

They were to immediaqtely be transferred to the hospital and skinned while still warm in order to covewr the womans body with the skins.

For some reason the skin transferred all the important to recover substances to the woman.

I know its a bit gross but it did work.

The skins just tried to heal but they healed the woman.

Kinda like a miracle modern medicine cannot do yet.

All i can advise.

(No flaming please-Just trying to help)

Old age practice but hey, hares are found in many places and modern medicine is still at stone age.

Best i can offer when resources are limited.

Best of luck,
George

(p.s. : You may call this the GTG Medication)

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Ok my suggestions to get more suggestions would be:

Post this on ATS. It's urgent.
Post this on your facebook, twitter, youtube account if you have one.
Ask as many of your friends to do so.
Try to contact some lines or websites like

www.health.gov.bc.ca...
www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk...

(That's all I've got... sorry :\ )

May your friend's daughter get better, I will pray for you and his family.

Take care friend

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

He needs to get her to a better equipped hospital asap.

Preferably one with a burns unit.

What about one of the US military hospitals?

I imagine they would have the appropriate gear? Although I'm not there so I wouldn't know.

My first thought was Dr Fiona Wood, she saved many a life in Bali and Indonesia with her skin grafting techniques after the Bali bombings and Garuda airlines crash

She is head of the burns unit at royal Perth hospital in Western Australia.

+618922 42244

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Do you have any picture's of her ??

I can try something, along the lines of long distance energy healing, but I would need to know who it is for and where she is.

for now pray to whatever gods you have, instruct anyone who talks to the patient to tell her that she's going to make a complete recovery. if her beleif is strong enough it could produce a noticeable effect.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Normally I wouldn't do this but I am bumping this thread in the hope that someone can help .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

be serious. this is why people don't like new age people.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Take her to Balad AB/Camp Anaconda. They have a major hospital there and 80% of their work is on Iraqis. Maybe talk to the Embassy there too. What is her real citizen status? When you say adopt, is it some unofficial situation? If she can’t get on Balad or help from the US Embassy she is pretty much out of luck, unless some civilian outreach organization just happens to be there

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Did you think of going to the Media? As in television programmes?

There are a lot of sponsored programmes that DO help people with all kind of stuff, building houses, (plastic) surgery, make overs etc.

Even doctors of all kind of disciples are regularly on telly to 'promote and show-off' their skills!

Maybe there is someone out here on ATS with the proper contacts .....

I'm a New Agey too and work with 'Healing Energy' but burn wounds just dont go away by projecting HE
They need very special care.

Hope there will come out something positive for your friends daughter.

Peace!

[edit on 5/8/2010 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I would like to thank everybody for their suggestions, advice and concern for Shahada. We had gotten together enough support to move her to better faacilities and had interest from a few charitable organizations and hospitals who offered treatment.
Shahada was just to weak to be moved. She died today.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Awww man,I am very sorry to hear that.
I was hoping for an update but not this kind of update.
That really sucks.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I'm very sorry to hear that.

I was thinking about her earlier today and hoping you would have some good news.

I hope it's some small comfort to your friend that we were all so concerned. It's hard to find the right words - just sending support in this way is so inadequate but I hope you can convey our sincerity.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Im so sorry for the loss, Please send our condolence to the family,
Again terribly sorry to hear the sad news, I was hoping that she would get the help needed,

If you ever need to talk please know that im only a u2u away, x

new topics

top topics

join