It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism In America and Why It's Bad For Us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm posting this to comment on all the RACISM that I have seen lately in posts here on ATS. Especially the continuous comments of "We need to get the illegals out NOW!" First, I explain to you why all of the racist comments don't make sense anyway, but then I explain why it's actually COUNTERPRODUCTIVE for us to be so racist here.

Okay, first. The American "tradition" is of a group of people who didn't feel that their country was giving them enough, so they decided to come here to make a better life for themselves. So seriously, STOP saying that illegals are coming here to ruin our way of life, and that if they come here they need to just conform to our culture and live with it. First, isn't ATS about going against the grain and living opposite of the way the MS is telling you too? but secondly, America has always been a melting pot of lots of different cultures, and the fact that so many people are so angry at the people who are coming here to make a new life because America is a great place to live is silly. They are following the original American tradition of finding a better life for themselves, so in a way, they are the most American of us all. A lot of people on this site are sitting around their computers saying "conform, become 'American', stop thinking for yourself, and do whatever the predominant patriarchial heterosexual white culture tells you to. You are sheep. You are not human." God, is that how we want to be here?

Second: Americans are acting so arrogant about it. We have a great country, why aren't we happy that people want to come and live here? And besides, if you aren't an American citizen, you a) don't have access to a LOT of work and b) therefore don't have access to a lot of welfare programs. So when you say they're taking your jobs, you're wrong, because the only jobs they take are in the fields (which you don't want to do anyway. it's not like they're taking your office jobs, retail jobs, etc jobs, because employers tend not to hire illegal immigrants and you always have to provide proof of citizenship) and they have a lot of trouble mooching off of us when most welfare programs have time limits and require you to be at least looking for a job! It's not as easy to take advantage of the system as you think, but the MSM has made you think that welfare is just abundant and anyone who wants it can get it. They don't come here for welfare, they come here for work, and for the most part, they're doing the work that you middle class white Americans won't dirty your hands with.

But this is the most important point: All of the racism that is rampant on this kind of forum is tearing us all apart. We're not here at ATS to rant about why Mexicans suck and should go back to their own country. We're here to uncover government secrets and create coalitions so that we can combat TPTB and stop governmental takeover! We're here to join forces and use combined intelligence to unlock conspiracies! We are absolutely not here to promote MS right wing agenda. And face it, all of this illegal immigrant crap comes straight from the Tea Party manual. WE ARE NOT HERE TO PROMOTE THE TEA PARTY, PEOPLE. No matter how much you might agree with the Tea Party way of thinking, WE ARE HERE TO ALL WORK TOGETHER AND NOT SEPARATE OURSELVES! Personally, I think most of you who have bought into the 'illegal immigrant' crap should be ashamed of yourselves. You're ruining the integrity of ATS by turning it into a race war. As Americans, as humans, and as anti-governmentalists, we should be forming a strong coalition of fighters who are all working together to do what's right! And by creating these dividing lines, we are personally ensuring that our coalition is not as strong as it could be.

So, this is why I think all this illegal immigrant ranting needs to stop. You know you just hate Mexicans and are using this forum as an outlet for your racism - no one ever says crap about the fact that all our ancestors were illegal immigrants too.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Troll much.......not liking illegal aliens being here makes one a racist? Wow, who can argue with such logic? I guess I don't like Obama because he's biracial too huh? Get a grip, playing the race card is like a last ditch effort when you have no sound reasoning. The illegals are a drain on this society, and in fact some of them are nothing more than a criminal element. Go spout somewhere else, there's enough don't be a bigot support everyone, crap on ATS now as there is. How's about for a change we worry about ourselves and not refugees from other countries? Epic Fail.

[edit on 2-5-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by difsjf

Nobody has any problem with ANYONE of ANY RACE coming to immigrate

Legally to the US.

It is the Illegals , of ANY color,race,creed, that is the Crux of the problem.

You are spreading Racism by ASSUMING that it is a certain Race

being victimized.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

So as long as your under big brother, its alright?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
You guys are silly if you think that all the illegal immigrant nonsense is towards every race. The farmworkers solidarity marches are being called "marches for the illegals" and yet they are all about Mexicans! I'm not the one assuming, you are. And then you say you are against anyone coming here illegally, but yet have no argument against us coming here illegally in the first place. Why was it okay for WHITE PEOPLE to immigrate illegally and steal land, but it's not okay for BROWN PEOPLE to do the same? I have never heard a good argument against that!

And again, you have ignored my entire point about coalition building and the fact that everytime you say something about how the 'illegals must go' you alienate all people of Latino descent. You think of illegals and you think of Latinos, you see a Latino farmworker solidarity march and think illegals. You are dividing this country and this forum with your racism.

And , I would like to know exactly how they are a drain on society. Like I said, they are doing the jobs you don't want (working on farms) so that you can have food. What else are they draining from us? I'd like to see some statistics that empirically show that it's because of illegal immigrants that we have such high social welfare spending. Medicare and Social Security are our two highest social expenditures, neither of which go to illegal immigrants...

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by difsjf

And then you say you are against anyone coming here illegally, but yet have no argument against us coming here illegally in the first place. Why was it okay for WHITE PEOPLE to immigrate illegally and steal land, but it's not okay for BROWN PEOPLE to do the same? I have never heard a good argument against that!

And , I would like to know exactly how they are a drain on society. Like I said, they are doing the jobs you don't want (working on farms) so that you can have food. What else are they draining from us? I'd like to see some statistics that empirically show that it's because of illegal immigrants that we have such high social welfare spending. Medicare and Social Security are our two highest social expenditures, neither of which go to illegal immigrants...

Nice try... lol.

I have an argument for white people coming and stealing your land. It is called taking over. That is what we did. We had more power and we took the land. I believe some call it the spoils of war.

See this is the point. We don't want a bunch of illegal aliens coming here and taking over our land and our culture. That is why we set limits on how many LEGAL immigrants we will take from different countries.

Illegal immigrants are a drain on the society because they take jobs from hardworking taxpaying LEGAL Americans. Beyond this they use our hospitals and many of them dont pay. They use our welfare system. They force us to hire people that speak spanish and other languages to teach them in our schools, etc....

If Mexico wants to line up at the border and try to take the land from us then knock yourselves out, but dont go running to the UN when we win and take the rest of the land you have.

This whole thing of jobs Americans wont do is Liberal BS and BS from companies that want to avoid minimum wage laws and pay under the table.

Like everyone else said anyone from any race, religion, etc are welcomed here as long as they do it legally. Short of following the law, I take it as an act of an invading force when illegals come into our country and I think they should be dealt with accordingly.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by difsjf
And again, you have ignored my entire point about coalition building

and you have completely ignored the fact

THEY'RE HERE ILLEGALLY !!!!
go away troll

10 wrongs don't make it right!!

1st wrong was crossing the border without consent
2nd wrong was bringing your family
3rd wrong was staying without consent
4th wrong was breaking the laws here
5th wrong was not learning the language
6th wrong was draining the system from it's legal citizens
7th wrong was thinking you have the right to protest your future here
8th wrong was working here illegally and sending US dollars back to Mexico
9th wrong was thinking we give a shi+ what you think
10th wrong was believing we won't ship ur a$$ back

[edit on 2-5-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I was thinking of making a similar thread similar to the OP's but not about race (I hate everyone equally).

I've noticed a trend here on ATS similar to what made me stop reading newspapers oh so many years ago. Too many biased articles that all seemed geared towards pushing an agenda. There are disturbing similarities to what I see on this site and what happens in newspapers. This month it's illegals, last month it was Israelis.

But calling the problem with illegals racist is just plain wrong. Let's call a spade a spade here. The majority of illegals are coming from Mexico, and to deny that is just silly. The reaction would be much the same if it was Canadians pouring in from the northern border.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
So I guess here's where I think differently. I see the world as a whole, not as an America. I see a person as a person, and everyone is deserving of a right to work and a right to live. I think it's wrong that we get mad at people who are trying to support their families and start a good life for themselves. I don't give a # if everyone came here and everyone was legal. It would work better than just letting certain people in. I don't think that certain humans should be legal and certain humans should be illegal - I get that you want them to pay taxes, so why don't we just let them all pay taxes? Chances are, if everyone who came in HAD to be legal and HAD to pay taxes, less would come anyways, because then there is no chance of freeloading! Better yet, why doesn't America actually do something to help Mexico treat it's citizens better instead of ignoring all the bad situations and then throwing people out when they come here because they have no where else to go? I think it's sick and wrong that humans are so divided that when a new culture is trying to come in, we say, "they are going to ruin our society if they are here." they're not going to ruin it - they're going to add to it and make America even stronger (especially if they all had to pay taxes, don't you think?)

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by difsjf

You know, I am rather furious with your entire post. Are you a mind reader that you presume everybody thinks the way you expressed?

Mexicans make up the largest portion of illegals, so, you presume everyone is just thinking about Mexicans. There are others, from other places that are here illegally as well, and, they need to go home, too!

Yes, it's true they do a lot of jobs that nobody else wants to do, but, hey, not many Americans are willing to work for under the table cash, that is less than the minimum wage. Part of the problem is with the people who hire them, thereby exploiting them. So, you see this issue is broader than you say it is. Many Americans would take those jobs, given they paid a decent living wage.

Also, you are wrong about medicare and social security being the only high social expenditures. You forgot to mention, medicaid! Having worked in a hospital, I have seen plenty of illegal parents bring a child in for health care, that was born in this country. The parents don't have to leave, by way of giving birth to a child here, because the child is automatically a citizen, and guess what? The children, do to the low wages the parents make, qualify for medicaid! The parents also can get, other social services for their little American citizen...........food stamps!

edit for typo

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by difsjf

Better yet, why doesn't America actually do something to help Mexico treat it's citizens better instead of ignoring all the bad situations and then throwing people out when they come here because they have no where else to go?

Why should we help Mexico treat its citizens better? It is not our problem. It is Mexico's problem. We have enough of our own problems to solve, we dont need to be going around fixing everyone elses. When did we get elected to be Mexico's mommy?

If Mexicans want to become Americans so bad then maybe they should have a vote and tell their government to just walk up to Washington DC and hand over the keys to Mexico to the American government. Then when you become part of the nation we will help you out. Just dont get pissy when we build a pipeline from your oil wells straight back to Texas.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by difsjf

Now I know you're trolling.......we should help Mexico treat it's citizens better? Here's an idea, since Mexico never will get it's # together, how about the mexican citizens fix their own damn country. Nice try though. Funny, people bitch constantly about the US influencing other countries and you propose an idea like this? As a final thought, you, yes you are the one bringing race into it..........just for grins consider the fact that hispanics don't make up all of our illegals, hell mexicans aren't the only country represented by those entering illegally through the southern border......have a nice nite, now please crawl back under the bridge.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
"Also, you are wrong about medicare and social security being the only high social expenditures. You forgot to mention, medicaid! Having worked in a hospital, I have seen pleny of illegal parents bring a child in for health care, that was born in this country. The parents don't have to leave, by way of giving birth to a child here, because the child is automatically a citizen, and guess what? The children, do to the low wages the parents make, qualify for medicaid! The parents also can get, other social services for their little American citizen...........food stamps!"

Uh those children are American citizens, but now it's not alright for them to have food stamps and medicaid because their parents are illegal? If that's not racism I don't know what is.

AND HERE IS WHY PEOPLE ON HERE ARE MAKING ME MAD. Yes, Mexico's problems are our problems. Just because there is an imaginary line drawn between our two countries doesn't mean that all the people who live there don't deserve a quality of life just like us. Just because we were born here doesn't make us automatically more deserving of good water, good food, good services, and a good government. We are all human beings, and just because they were born somewhere different doesn't mean they are less deserving of anything.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Oh and what the # is up with everyone saying I'm trolling. I'm a real person here, why would anyone think I was trolling? You guys are the trollers, you all sound exactly the same - like a bunch of bigoted assholes who won't pull their heads out of their asses long enough to realize that all of our arrogance about being American and the "oh, no one's problems matter but ours" attitude is the reason the world thinks we SUCK.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

So I guess here's where I think differently. I see the world as a whole, not as an America.

if u think of the world as a whole,
then why didn't you invade Poland or Greece
instead of the US ???

Cause you targeted the US ... that's why!!

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Uh those children are American citizens, but now it's not alright for them to have food stamps and medicaid because their parents are illegal? If that's not racism I don't know what is.

Did I mention a specific race, or is it that you have no idea what racism is?

No, I don't think it is fair for people to come her illegally, and then reproduce, just for benefits they would not get at home.

AND HERE IS WHY PEOPLE ON HERE ARE MAKING ME MAD. Yes, Mexico's problems are our problems. Just because there is an imaginary line drawn between our two countries doesn't mean that all the people who live there don't deserve a quality of life just like us. Just because we were born here doesn't make us automatically more deserving of good water, good food, good services, and a good government. We are all human beings, and just because they were born somewhere different doesn't mean they are less deserving of anything.

Well, you have a point there. They always have the option of becoming a legal citizen if they chose to make the effort. If they don't like the way things are in Mexico, they need to bring it to the attention of the people they vote into office. And you are so wrong that they are not deserving of the life we live here.........we pay taxes for our own country!

edit for quote

[edit on 2-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by difsjf

That is called common sense, not racism. When you sneak accross the border just so your kid can be born here and be declared a citizen then that is tantamount to fraud. That kid is no more American than if I drug my pregnant wife over to Mexico so she could have the kid there.

We are not more deserving of water, food, services, etc... We just have a better social structure. Why dont Mexico just study what we do and copy it, instead of expecting us to come and take care of them.

You are actually proving the point of why we dont want illegals here. The entitlement mentality. They come here and expect we should take care of them because we have it so good. That is not how the world works nor is it how the world should work.

Do you go to your neighbors house and just take his Ferrari for a spin without asking permissions just because you percieve he has it better than you?

[edit on 2-5-2010 by SlickOil]

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The problem with them becoming legal citizens is that we make it so damn hard for anyone to become legal. It's easy if you're coming from France or England to get citizenship because not as many people want to come from there. But, we make it very difficult for people from Latin American countries to get citizenship - instead we say to them, "Sorry, you can be in this waiting line for about 3 years and while a dictator takes hold of your country or a drug cartel moves into the neighborhood with your young children, we'll get this paperwork worked out for you." The reason they come here illegally is because it's near impossible to get here legally, and it's dangerous for them to live where they were born.

And no, people can't just 'study America' and suddenly become it. Even America couldn't just become America at first. Remember the Articles of Confederation? Actually creating social change in a country, ESPECIALLY where most of these countries are run by the drug cartels and corrupt politicians, is damn near impossible. So excuse me for feeling somewhat bad that I was born in a stable place, and yet many children go into the drug industry just to make money for their families in places like Mexico and Colombia and all of them. Yeah, we've got it real tough - those illegals are coming and stealing all of our FARM WORK boo hoo.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Racism is the belief that race is a primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.[1] Or, on the opposite side, racism can be described[weasel words] as the belief that a certain race or races portray undesirable characteristics . In the case of institutional racism, certain racial groups may be denied rights or benefits, or receive preferential treatment. Taken from wiki.

We in no way are saying the illegals are inferior. We are saying that they are raping our system and culture....illegally. We all sympathize for the most part, with them and understand the situation. It is hurting us in the long run though. If you think we are being racist then your head is just up your butt, sorry but it is true. I have not seen posts saying "send all brown people away." I have seen posts numerous times saying, "come back legally but go away now." We all acknowledge that there are many races coming here illegally. We all know that they all need to leave. But we will point out latinos because there are about 12 million (very low estimate mind you) that are here illegally. By painting people as bigots when they clearly aren't means you are either a "troll" or a "bigot" yourself. So which one is it?

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by difsjf

Call me a bigot, call me a racist, hell call me an asshole like you did, just don't call me late for dinner.......hmmmm illegals get knocked up, plan trip around delivery time, have baby, qualify for benefits with anchor baby, yet are still illegals themselves......hmmm they aren't a drain. Sincerely, I hope one day you mature enough to realize the world is bigger than La Razza. Actually the worlds problems have been our problems for too long now, and it's time to take care of our own for a change. How many generations of illegals have been suckling off the government tit now? Fix Mexico, we should not and don't have to cater to it's lowest denominators. Here's an idea, since all of the apologists here think this new law is so harsh and Nazi like (boy that word is about as played out as racism), lets enact Mexicos laws when it comes to dealing with illegals.......They are way harsher than ours......would that make Mexicans oh, I don't know Super Nazi's, or does that term only apply to white Americans being taken advantage of? Epic Fail at trolling, keep it up maybe one day you'll do better, 'til then, how about you stick to the facts mam?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join