It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Group 'Praying' For President Obama's Death Passes One Million Members

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hornyana_jones

These people probably should have prayed harder during the election when it might have helped them. At least my prayers were answered. It was clear that George Bush's term in office was just a little cartoon ahead of the real Republican movie, a horror film starring John and Sarah.

Sure I am against drilling for oil and this makes me a "dirty liberal" because I can always light a candle but I cannot make a fish.

Tonight FOX News Kelly's Court showed film of Police using unnecessary force on a university student, returning to get his glasses. Will the cops be found guilty? Her guest said "possibly" if the case goes to a "liberal leaning" jury.
Funny too is Glenn Becks three founding fathers Charity Faith and Hope but he leaves out the greatest of these being LOVE. This is no accident. These are clues.

If you are prepared to risk the ecosystem and kill fish, the economy of fishermen you are one of those against the President. And if you DON'T object to cops beating innocent people... you are probably a proud right leaning Republican.

They should be praying for their own souls to be saved and not another to end. I wonder who is praying for them? Wrong minded prayers typically backfire magnificently in my experience. Soon the petitioners should begin to drop like flies. Heart attacks, cancer and mystery diseases no one can even name. I do not wish it on them. But then I don't have to; by wishing it on another, they bring it on themselves.

I hope we are still covering the story then.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

wishing for bad stuff to other
is for coward and weak...

brave people dont wish for # ...they work for it

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hornyana_jones
brave people dont wish for # ...they work for it

Uhh... In this case, let's hope no one decides to work for it. How's that sound?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuyverUnit I
A quote from the page posted three hours prior to this one:

Kim Chatfield--this is the ekranoplan fanpage. i'll post one for you

Kim Chatfield--everyone loves ekranoplans

Kim Chatfield--i think naomi is pretty smart to come in here and ask questions without preconceived ideas about who we are. one of the -only- people i've seen do it.

first off, i'd like to thank the national media for continually sending us new people to talk to.

secondly, i'd like to state that free speech is one of the critical aspects of a functioning democracy. the petition page to remove the "prayer page" constantly blocks people who try to open up dissenting dialogue.

and finally, i'd like to say that this page has brought conservatives and liberals to the same place and allowed them to discuss issues and eventually become friends after a bit of angry debate... once people locked horns and got it out of their system, they began to realize that people are people and got over the rest of it. we may disagree with each other. we may not al like each others as individuals, but there has been a lot of common ground found in this page. it is far more beneficial than the national media makes it out to be.

and, lastly, i'd like to say that ekranoplans are awesome. seriously, have you seen those things? GROUND EFFECT!! save fuel. be cool.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Well one million people... They are official dumb for waiting til this pres even though I liked the last for bravato. Either way we all know it is cause he is what he was born.

I remember impeach Bush stickers around, what is there excuse to want a P dead?

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
i guess that's 2 lastlys.. i get enthusiastic sometimes.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Seitler

"Rock-throwing Afghanis?" There is another racist statement, yet again. They (Afghanis) are a lot more tactical than anyone gives them credit, but I was not there, I was in Iraq. This was back at the end of '05 begining of '06.

Maybe i missed something - but if you're fighting in Afghanistan....then you're fighting Afghanis'.

Now - a bigoted comment would have been calling them "towel heads" which i did not do.

It'd be no different than calling American Rednecks a bunch of "American Rednecks"

And neither "American" or "Afghani" are "races" that i've ever heard.

Do you think before you post, or do you just faceroll the keyboard and post whatever results?

[edit on 3-5-2010 by Snarf]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

No, Afghani is not racist, but to say rock throwing Afghanis, is.

I don't know why you are trying to condesending, when obviously, you don't understand what you're typing can be considered racism, even if you don't intend it to be. Either way, I don't care because you don't seem to want to hear anything coming from outside of your own mind... so, have a good day. I hope you, and the thoughts you randomly create in your head, are well....

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by brizellious

Originally posted by Tiger5
Actually thi sis a form of black Xtian magic. I have a similar ritual from france called the rite of saint Secaire. This is truly odious but what is to be experted from certain people. He is someone's child, husband, and father.

How gross!

What on earth are you talking about? Please elaborate.

I think he's talking about Santeria - a mixing of voodoo with Catholicism.
Besides, even if they don't believe that they are practicing black magic when doing this, don't they know it is against the 10 commandments? Bearing false witness comes to mind and of course, murder....
Then again, any religion that preaches salvation by washing in blood, saying you are saved or salvation by someone else's actions rather than by going by the code set out before you, is expected to do stuff just like this. And they wonder why people call them hypocrites. WOW

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It amazes me that people can get so worked up over such a trivial thing. SO WHAT if they have "prayed" for someones death. It is neither here nor there. Its something that affects nothing. The communists are famous for not letting the people voice offensive slurs about their leaders...is that what you want in t America too? Because the land of the free is quickly turning to the land of oppression. Save yourselves further heartbreak and let people say what they like. Sometime expressing your dislikes and hates through speech stops further negative action. Its a way to vent!

Saying its wrong or hurtful or evil is playing right into the hands of the government and its people like you who are causing the Big Brother society that so many of us hate. By you fueling this only gives them more ammo to take away another set of FREEDOMS we so badly NEED to keep.

ITS FREE SPEECH. If someone acts on the SPEECH then it should be deemed a crime, not before.

When you voluntarily take up a position of power and public service, you have signed away your rights to normal judgment and from then on you are judged by your actions and words. IF you offend the people you are supposed to protect and work for then you will naturally make some serious enemies.

What these people do on Facebook should not matter as they have the RIGHT to express there thoughts through speech.

If people are still offended by words and small matters then they should take a long look in the mirror and question why they are so mentally weak and so unsure of their own worth.

People seem to be more concerned by their feelings to a very dramatic level. I deem it a severe flaw in the human make-up because some people (especially North American culture with their therapy and anti-depressants) tend to think too much with their feelings and lose perspective of the situation. Its a weakness that needs correcting very soon as wars are started all to easily by those who have had their fragile and pathetic "feelings" hurt. Its only WORDS. Don't let the Government take away another set of rights. If someone can so seriously offend you with just words you have already lost the battle. You WILL lose everything you hold dear because you have neither the acumen or the intelligence to rise above it. Let people put up hate symbols, say who they hate etc. If we just let them do it and ignore them, they will eventually go away as they NEED your reaction to fuel their rage. With out that reaction they are just nobodies.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by C11H17N2NaO2S]

[edit on 4-5-2010 by C11H17N2NaO2S]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Cute...all those people giving up their privacy (because that's what happens when you join a FB group) for nothing

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
It's a sad day indeed when the only wish people have is the death of another. And we wonder what the world is coming to.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
99% of the members in that group are just a bunch of ignorant high school and college students who still regurgitate what their conservative republican parents spew on a daily basis.

If anything, all that group does is say "Hey, look, this is a group full of hypocritical christian conservatives, we're stupid!" and not "President Obama is disliked by over a million highly educated political scholars."

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProUSA

How about they name the groups something like:

This was going to be a very immoral, yet funny, political joke, but since everyone is going to have a hissy-fit, I'll just name it, "I Hate Obama and wish I'd never/Glad I didn't vote for him!"

No, I like the way the group is named. It has more of a punch already! If people think it's truly that bad, then they can get out of the group/page! It is covered under Free Speech, and the Right to Peaceful Protest! THIS IS A PROTEST...

I may not "wish" him dead, but I do want him out of office. If I can't voice that opinion, then what the hell is the point of being an American!? That's why I love this country, and I REFUSE to move! "If you don't like our country" the way it is," then you can git out!"

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Seitler]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seitler
How about they name the groups something like:

This was going to be a very immoral, yet funny, political joke, but since everyone is going to have a hissy-fit, I'll just name it, "I Hate Obama and wish I'd never/Glad I didn't vote for him!"

No, I like the way the group is named. It has more of a punch already! If people think it's truly that bad, then they can get out of the group/page! It is covered under Free Speech, and the Right to Peaceful Protest! THIS IS A PROTEST...

Oh please, don't turn this into a stupid debate on what the Constitution says.

I don't give a damn about the group name, I sincerely don't care at all. I acknowledge that it's free speech, right to protest, and whatever else it falls under--and anyone who doesn't is simply being stubborn and sensitive.

I just think it's counterproductive in the political arena--to wish a President dead? Where's the class? I'd be much happier if it was called "President Obama is a dumbass and he needs to get out of office!" Because at least it wouldn't be hypocritical and show a sliver more class than the current title.

As I said, I think that group is more of a reflection of the type of people that join it, not the message it's attempting to convey...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ProUSA

Who cares what type of people are part of the group. This current debate is not over the group members "class" as if it were, 1 million people is a wide range of social classes. No, this whole issue is solely based on the name of the group.

To close the group, forcefully, is a complete violation of American rights, but seeing how facebook is about user ratings and collecting adds, and has more than just Americans, they do as they need to. They are owned, so the owners can do as they please... so that's just a lost cause.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I just show's how evil people can be? What the hell is wrong with Facebook?
Or rather what is right with Facebook? Let's start a campagne to shut Facebook down? It's a load of tripe anyway. You either have friends or you don't! Billy no mates, take note.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProUSA
99% of the members in that group are just a bunch of ignorant high school and college students who still regurgitate what their conservative republican parents spew on a daily basis.

You know this because you know 900k of the members personally, right?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

You know this because you know 900k of the members personally, right?

What's funny is that I'm not even a democrat. The group could say the same thing about John McCain, and I would give the same response.

I don't need to know the members personally to deduce that they are far right of the spectrum.

Do you know any educated political scientists who wish Obama dead? Didn't think so.

Originally posted by Seitler
reply to post by ProUSA

Who cares what type of people are part of the group. This current debate is not over the group members "class" as if it were, 1 million people is a wide range of social classes. No, this whole issue is solely based on the name of the group.

To close the group, forcefully, is a complete violation of American rights,

Agreed, I think to shut the group down is a blatant violation of citizen rights.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

What's funny is that I'm not even a democrat. The group could say the same thing about John McCain, and I would give the same response.

Neither am I. Nor am I a Republican for that matter. What's your point? How does that excuse you accusing 900k people you've never met before of being teenagers or college kids who regurgitate whatever their parents say?

I don't need to know the members personally to deduce that they are far right of the spectrum.

Seems to me that making assumptions about people you don't know is never a good thing. Especially when you have no idea why any of them joined that group or how many joined it just to tell the rest of them that they're idiots for praying that he dies.

Do you know any educated political scientists who wish Obama dead? Didn't think so.

I don't personally know any educated political scientists so the obvious answer is no. That doesn't mean there aren't any that do wish him dead and I'm not presumptuous enough to assume I know the thoughts of people I've never met before.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join