It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Siberian Hunter Saves Yeti From Drowning

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Kemerovo Region is located in the southern part of western Siberia, about 3,500 km from Moscow. Over 3 million people live in the Kemerovo area, mostly in large cities. Only 13% of the population lives in the rural areas of the Kemerovo Region, which may be inhabited by the region’s version of the “Snowmen.” The Kemerovo Region is also known as Kuzbass – from “Kuznetsk basin” – the name of the largest coal deposit on Earth, which is located there.

Kemerovo Region resident claims rescuing Yeti in spring flood.

29 April 2010
ITAR-TASS World Service

KEMEROVO, April 29 (Itar-Tass) ‹ A resident of the village Senzaskie Kichi, Kemerovo Region, hunter Afanasy Kiskorov, claims that he rescued a Yeti during a spring flood on the mountainous river of Kabyrza. His actions were witnessed by local residents, Itar-Tass learnt at the administration of the Tashtagol district of the Kemerovo Region, a supposed habitation place of a hominid.

While fishing, Kiskorov and other local hunters heard strong ice crushing and shrill howling. Rushing to the piercing shriek, the huntsmen saw “a creature, covered with dark-brown fur,” in the river some ten metres from the bank.

“The strange creature, looking like a huge man, tried several times to get out of water and to stand up on both feet, but dropped into the water each time and was howling. The hunters stood frozen, and only Kiskorov hurried to offer help: he threw the creature the dry trunk of a young aspen tree, the creature clutched to it and crawled to the bank,” the district administration said.

The Kemerovo Region registers a high spring flood this year, and many mountain rivers just started breaking ice. Ice at some sections persists, but very thin. The village of Senzaskie Kichi, located 140 kilometres from the Tashtagol district centre deep in the taiga, has no electricity and a road. A helicopter flies to the village once a week.

The last flight brought a letter, signed by Kiskorov and another three
huntsmen, to the head of the Tashtagol district administration with a story about this incident.

www.cryptomundo.com...

Interesting stuff for sure.
It seems like an isolated place, so it might be a likely place for a Yeti to live.
Ill try and find some more information on this.
I believe this is the first time ive heard of a human saving a Yeti's life.
If you have heard of any similar accounts, id be interested in hearing them.

Cheers

[edit on 1-5-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
wait, wait , wait..
Yeti' s can't swim? i have a hard time believing that.
it is a known fact that Yeti's can all swim..just saying, it's what i heard anyway

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Very interesting... hope more turns up about this!!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Could you please fix your link?

Thanks

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Perhaps it was injured, or hypothermia was setting in. Whatever, it's common knowledge in that part of the world that these creatures exist.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Let's see if this works for the link.
www.cryptomundo.com...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Thanks for letting me know it was not working.
I believe it should be working now.

Cheers

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot209th

For some reason my computer/internet has problems with Cryptomundo. The pages dont show up and I have to use a "cached copy" of the page.
Thats why the link was not working.
I believe I just edited in the same link you posted, so we should be good now.

Cheers

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Humans can swim also (not all though)
Although humans can not swim properly in all rivers because of conditions, etc.

The conditions may have prevented the Yeti from swimming or using its own ability to get out of the river or perhaps this Yeti did not know to swim though.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Not only can yetis swim, when they are in danger, they can exit this world and enter another dimension. I say HOAX! I want film at 11!!!!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
DAMN!!!! ..... just when I thought there was hope for humanity, this article has to appear on ATS.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
wait, wait , wait..
it is a known fact that Yeti's can all swim..just saying, it's what i heard anyway

It's a know fact?!? It's not even a known FACT that they even exist, much less if they can swim....

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Just go to Siberia and say that, you'll probably be laughed right out of town.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tempesillest

Care to expand more on this post?
I dont see where you were going with it.

Cheers

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Here is a related article.

Russian Bigfoot Rescued?

According to the article published on the RT.com website, Russian hunters are said to have helped a Bigfoot/Yeti climb out of the icy waters of a frozen lake. The article was taken from ITAR-TASS.com news website.

There are no direct links to the original source of the news that I could find. Odd story? indeed. But then again certain regions in Russia are known for the mass reports of Bigfoot/Yeti sightings.

ghosttheory article

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Thanks for posting this.
I look forward to watching the youtube video's that the link provides.

Cheers

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

If people Knew for a Fact that yeti/bigfoot/sasquatch exists then we wouldn't be in this thread even talking about it. I have a feeling those Russians that "would laugh me out of town" don't have any skeletal remains, DNA, scat, or any other definitive proof.
I think of all places, ATS would be flooded with threads about this sort of FACT coming to light.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

If locals have seen it, would they need all that evidence to prove its existence to themselves.

Locals perhaps dont feel the need to prove the existence of Yeti's, etc to scientists, etc.

They know they're real and telling others may endanger the creature.

Im just throwing out idea's here.

Cheers

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Dunno, maybe this one was a sinker and not a floater.

Though I can swim some, I've always been pretty much a sinker - treading water was near impossible for me. Heavy skeleton = reduced buoyancy.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

So now these Russian towns-people are the "protectors" of the yeti? I admit that 1967 tape of the bigfoot sighting is convincing, but that is the most convincing evidence there is. Throughout history that's it?? Why should I accept this as a fact? Because a Russian guy said so?
Another Russian guy said he took photos of 2012--should I believe him too?

<<   2  3 >>

join