It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens the theory.Leading us to disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Are we being desensitized by the Ancient alien concept in order for the public not to fall into chaos.
If people know and realize aliens have been here all along they may not feel threatened as opposed to them having just arrived.
Society draws its roots from history and we are more excepting of things if we know they ve been with us all along ...

I just thought of this late last night so bare with my meager thread would love to hear some contributions...

Be Well

[edit on 1-5-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
How about this. People won't go insane because the universe is a little bit more full.

This idea that people go nuts by some far far away people is ridiculous. Get a life if you are that way too.

People didn't even go that nuts in the 50s when it started. They were afraid. They did not go into riots and insanity.

No offense. It's just dumb. Native Americans didn't all go insane when Europeans arrived. If anything they just went and killed more, chosing to side or go against.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

Sure, it's part of the process.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I highly doubt there is some secret cabal of people controlling all of Hollywood, television, print and radio shows in order to gently condition the public for aliens. The whole idea is absurd and ignorant. A little critical thought about this and honestly you will feel pretty silly having considered it a possibility.

There is a lot of ignorance that confuses capitalism and disclosure. I'm growing tired of these threads that pop up here several times a week every time there is anything even remotely alien/ufo related on the tele.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

cool your so smart sorry for posing a question on a website that was created to discuss and learn about alternative topics enjoy you life.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Actually my point would be an alternative, seeing as the mainstream view here is yours.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

maybe here, but not everywhere else, and that is what i think the problem is.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

It wouldnt surprise me, i'm currently researching and guess what The goverment has funded the history channel for this program.

All goverment funded and you know what that normally means.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think there may be some merit to what you are saying. I grew up in the 50's. Think Flash Gorden, then Star Trek, Battlestar Glactica, etc. Now people of my age are so used to the idea that we are not alone, that it almost seems rediculous to think that we are. This would be just a continuation of a policy started decades ago.

This is my 1st post.

saxony

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think you have a good point.. If the general public were informed officially that aliens do exist but have been here all along it would be easier for the public to handle.

That said.. I think the notion that the public is not ready for disclosure is absolutely ridiculous.. what, they are basing this on results from the 'war of the worlds' broadcast 50 years ago when they said we are under attack!?

If the human race was told right now officially that aliens exist but that there is no threat to our safety.. there would be no panic, no social disorder.. nothing but a whole lot of talk back and internet chatter.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
How can a program that barely anyone will watch be reasonably considered as propaganda? To believe that you would have to be living in your own little world. Here in the real world, me and everyone i know wont even see a commercial for the program. To assume that a tv show (the likes of which there are many) is being used to "awaken the masses", you would have to believe that every "important" person has tv, knows about "ancient aliens" and is going to tune in and watch that garbage.

If they really had something to say, a channel whose viewership is about the same as the population of ATS is not the right venue. and no, its not part of "a process". because if it was, it would be way more obvious to people who arent trapped in an idealistic paranoid bubble. The OPs giving less of a question and more of an excuse to have people think for him, where the answer is apparent.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

uh you dont watch the history channel ?

Not mainstream dude i think it is you living in your own world i am not a beleiver in the disclosure through media idea and in this thread i didnt really say anything about tv you assumed i did?

i simply had a thought and wanted to ask others what they thought loosen up your britches a little and go easy this is not something you have to nor are required to participate in its just a forum?

You no like you no read

Be Well

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by True-seer

It wouldnt surprise me, i'm currently researching and guess what The goverment has funded the history channel for this program.

All goverment funded and you know what that normally means.

Can you post your research so we can see proof that the gov funded this program. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the idea of preparation through the media. I just would like to know how you found that out.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

"The History Channel is available in over 70 countries worldwide, reaching over 200 million subscribers."

www.mcn.com.au...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by taccj9903

i always knew...it is the money channel

btw i think the OP is scanning his secret government documents

Were is your research OP?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Go to the history channel website check latest funding section.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

my research? i am not a scientist or scholar just a regular guy who had a thought if i could prove it true i wouldnt be here id be calling channel four news? wouldnt you?

i can however see if i can add to the thought.

Be Well

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I wasn't referring to your research, another poster made a statement that the US gov funded that program, I was asking how he found it.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by True-seer

Not finding it, could you post the link?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

oops bad on me saw my name in blue

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join