It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British family sparks race case: 'We don't want to be served by a black p

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I have zero tolerance for this...

I would have kicked them out of the hotel... see how they feel sleeping in a local drive through motel, with a vibrating bed, for $20 a night!!!

As an Englishman i find it even more distressing... when i am abroad i think of myself as an ambassador for England and conduct myself as such!

This pathetic family are an embarrassment and i feel the need to stress that they represent the minority!!!

And as for the Hotel... shame on them for pandering to such bigoted behaviour

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Yea good riddance. I was clearly not labeling the whole of the U.S. population as racists, just some, like any other country.

You were the one who decided to come on to this thread and start harking on about the welfare system and I being and elitist. Expect some retaliation.

Ta, ta.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The party to blame first would be the hotel accommodating the
illegal request. They would be the number one defendant.

The number two defendant would be the family requesting this.

I hope the discriminated waiter will take both parties before court.

Both to utter, and to give in to, such a request is unconstitutional.

Had I been the Ritz, I would have thrown the family out from the
hotel, thus, as a side-effect, avoiding legal problems.

To still send the black waiter to the table of the snobbish racists
would have been very inappropiate and would not have healed
the first racist discrimination.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I am sick to the back teeth of this sort of behaviour being exhibited by my countrymen.
There is absolutely no difference morally and ethicaly between the Ritz fullfilling this request, and the appeasment of Nazi germany which allowed Hitler to grow an army and unleash devastation, and despair on a global scale. The only difference is the size of the affects of this decision.
If it was the right thing to crush that behaviour years ago, then its still a good idea to crush it now. But human rights laws prevent us from providing adequate punishment for the behaviours shown by this bigoted bunch of walking trash. Human rights laws prevent xenophobia being made a crime. But it bloody well ought to be, and I for one would be VERY happy to live in a country were social acceptance, tolerance , and love for your fellow man were mandatory , and not things you can pay lip service too while polishing Nazi memorabilia.
Xenophobia, hate, and intolerance are WRONG. There is no argument that can be put which will change this fundamental fact of life. There can be no peace on this earth until this sort of diseased thinking is eradicated from the face of this earth. It would be nice if this could be achieved through education, and spiritual or ethical guidance, but if not, I see a time coming where those of us who respect our Grandfathers sacrifices, come to oppose those who do not in armed conflict. This will be a shameful thing, but if no one stands against hate, then all will be lost.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I despise the people who know better, but still cater to racists, even more than the racists themselves. Yes, OP, there are racists everywhere. It's some weird kind of sickness to believe that people can be judged or rated on their language, race or colour, and this sickness can be both contagious and congenital. It's not something a non-infected person should be encouraging.

I wonder how such prejudiced people could bear to travel outside their own country. Didn't they realise America would be full of Americans, all of whom are foreigners to the British?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Pathetic.

The U.S. population is regularly accused of containing a fair few racists. Having visited several times, i think this is true to some extent.

But let us not forget you can find a racist anywhere. These British wankers also represent a growing minority in my country.

Hopefully as they were staying in the 5 Star Ritz they were just rich bastards and not a representation of the majority of the British people.

www.mailonsunday.co.u k
(visit the link for the full news article)

You have a cheek saying British wan#ers. Sounds to me more like ENGLISH wan#ers.
I totally agree that the Morgans' behaviour is disgraceful but don't taint Scotland, Whales and Northern Ireland when you say British.

And in no-way I'm I talking about the hard working ordinary English people of England either, just the inbred elite family's that live down the south.
You know who yous are.....

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Agreed Truebrit. Some people i know who i thought never would are starting to support the BNP because of the high immigration in to the U.K.

What they do not realise is who the BNP actually are. Fascists.

This Morgan family is an embarrassment. Although i can imagine they mingle with people who think the same if they can afford to stay at the Ritz.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mackey1224uk

It wasn't intentional cheek. I just couldn't find any source that went in to more detail on their nationality until now.

But Tranchant, 40, was turned away when he began to serve the Rodney Morgan family, from England, last month in the beach-side hotel's Grill restaurant, reports the Naples Daily News.

weblogs.sun-sentinel.com...

I also despise the label 'British'. I say break the whole synthetic union up.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mackey1224uk

You have a cheek saying British wan#ers. Sounds to me more like ENGLISH wan#ers.
I totally agree that the Morgans' behaviour is disgraceful but don't taint Scotland, Whales and Northern Ireland when you say British.

And in no-way I'm I talking about the hard working ordinary English people of England either, just the inbred elite family's that live down the south.

That is completely unfair. Racism is a universal concept, not restricted to any country or race.

Now, these "people" (and I use the term in the loosest possible way), are from England, but to state that they must be English, because they are racists is, in itself a racist statement. There is plenty of racism in Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland, just as much as in England, especially in the more rural areas.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

It wasn't intentional cheek. I just couldn't find any source that went in to more detail on their nationality until now.

But Tranchant, 40, was turned away when he began to serve the Rodney Morgan family, from England, last month in the beach-side hotel's Grill restaurant, reports the Naples Daily News.

weblogs.sun-sentinel.com...

I was a Unionist/Loyalist, "up the Brits" kinda guy too till I learned the truth.
I also wish the break up of the union and even Europe too. These families have bleed us dry for hundreds of years and we have fought their wars an done their bidding while they think we're all scum.. Not anymore

I'm sorry saying you have a cheek, my bad.....on the bright side the sheeple are all starting to awaken to these inbred elite familes that bring shame on our nations

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
If i were rich enough....imagines being rich enough........then i'd want serving by young, fit blonde boys wearing short, tight denims and i'd expect the hotel to provide it. I may want an authentic Polynesian themed meal and have only Polynesians, in traditional polyesian clothing (and looking very polynesian) to serve me.

A stay in a top hotel is a work of art, the meal, your suroundings, the atmoshere, its a bit of an escapist fantasy, a theatre performance even. The customer is a bit like a film director, he's just deciding who's the best person to play the........(in my case young, fit blonde boys wearing short, tight denims)....particular part.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
call me crazy but..i wouldnt have cared.

throwing a fit about it isnt going to change how they are...but brushing it off might

[edit on 23-4-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nik1halo

Originally posted by mackey1224uk

That is completely unfair. Racism is a universal concept, not restricted to any country or race.

Now, these "people" (and I use the term in the loosest possible way), are from England, but to state that they must be English, because they are racists is, in itself a racist statement. There is plenty of racism in Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland, just as much as in England, especially in the more rural areas.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by nik1halo]

I know what it sounded like but my intent was not racist, SORRY

Peace

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I don't much like being called British either to be fair. I was born and raised in England, therefore I'm English and I often cross out the word "British" on forms and replace it with English.

As for breaking up the Union, I'm very much on the fence with this one, as I like the idealism behind it, but question whether it would weaken the nation as a whole, with the whole being greater than the sum of it's parts.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
the solution is simple - it rquires some backbone - which is perhaps why it is so rarley done

" customer " : ` i dont want to be served by a ........................

manager : ` fine sir , i will see what can be done `

the manager then walks of and leaves them for a good inconvenient while , the then returns

manager : ` appologies sir , but i cannot locate anyone who wishes to serve you `

NOTE - the manager does nothing to actually attempt to find anyone to serve the idiot - rather instructs all staff to avoid them

ball is now in the " customers " court

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I'll forgive ya mate

I understand that you were trying to say that they were more than likely elitists and did pick up on the fact that you were not talking about the average English person, but I just wanted to point out how bad it sounded.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I don't like other races thats my choice. I can't stand how in America it's been made taboo not to like other races. I don't preach hate or anything I just don't like them. I've encounterd my share of racist black and hispanic people. So as a form of protection I distence myself from them. The whole "america the great melting pot" is nothing more then a farse and far as I'm conserned

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wobbly Anomaly
If i were rich enough....imagines being rich enough........then i'd want serving by young, fit blonde boys wearing short, tight denims and i'd expect the hotel to provide it. I may want an authentic Polynesian themed meal and have only Polynesians, in traditional polyesian clothing (and looking very polynesian) to serve me.

A stay in a top hotel is a work of art, the meal, your suroundings, the atmoshere, its a bit of an escapist fantasy, a theatre performance even. The customer is a bit like a film director, he's just deciding who's the best person to play the........(in my case young, fit blonde boys wearing short, tight denims)....particular part.

And you would therefore be, what i refer to as, a ponce!

However, placing your poncey fantasy aside, what this family did was to show extreme bigotry that is born out of hatred!

They also demonstrated an air of arrogance and ignorance to even think that this was an acceptable request.

Dress it up however you want... it’s wrong!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Your choice then, is to distance yourself from mankind. Either you are with humanity or against it. That also is your choice. Choosing not to commune with your fellow man has consequences however. Be damned sure while you make your oh so important choice, that you can handle the results.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

How about to fight racism you change your choice of language? I was going to do this with a quote but I find your choice of wording offensive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join