It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADL releases Report Similar to SPLC

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lurch
You have the right to express such views but the government and certain agencies would not be doing their jobs correctly if they did not investigate such threats as a matter of public/private safety and protection of its citizens.

However, as has been quite properly observed, the ATS quotes included in the ADL "report" were TAME and even non-threatening.

So what was the purpose of the ADL lifting my quote and many others when they were NOT of a threatening nature?

THAT is the point.

Of all the so-called "threatening" rhetoric on ATS and other websites, why could the ADL — or you yourself, for that matter — not come up with an explicitly threatening quote?

Rather, we have a lot of vague finger-pointing and statements taken out of context in support of a non-existent climate of threat and of violence.

Not entirely unlike the half-baked Science and half-truths used to support the MMGW hoax.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by VendettaBeretta
*Snip*

Well, sometimes I frighten myself — usually first thing in the morning, at the bathroom mirror — but I seriously doubt anyone on ATS considers me a threat.

As for Tea Baggers and other right-wingers infiltrating ATS, I wish they'd start reading my posts, because all I ever get are FOE notices, rather than FRIEND notices in my U2U.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 7/2/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Also the Muslim boogie man is running out of steam they need a new face to the boogie man. And I think the Tea party kinda people are it.

Even if they [the ADL] have to break copyright laws and build their case on non-threatening quotes taken out of context.

Yes, I agree, the effort to invent a boogieman with which to terrorize the masses is the number one strategy of the New World Order and its various puppet agencies — we've seen these "threats" developing for years, ranging from the Y2K Meltdown Hoax to the H1N1 Virus Hoax to the Manmade Global Warming Hoax, to mention just a handful.

If the ADL wants an honest-to-God, full blown threat to America, they need only take a look in the mirror. The ADL is one of the greatest threats to Truth and Liberty in the free world.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
all I ever get are FOE notices, rather than FRIEND notices in my U2U.

— Doc Velocity

Added... (I even used my trigger finger).

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Being a tea baggin' constitutionalist, I consider you a friend since we're both fighting for freedom to express ourselves without fear. I should be able to argue and debate with you and everyone else without winding up on a list. My parents ditched Cuba over this crap!

[edit on 23-4-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Doc V: I think it is your excellent skill and smarts that they are most afraid of here. After reading your posts I can tell that you have a gift for discernment about these sorts of anti freedom agents, just like those who authored this so called report of theirs.

One thing, it also might be true that these people, or agents of deceit may actually be pretty smart, and that is the scary part, because they know that what they are doing is trying to "craft" an atmosphere that will aid their goals, and to do it they are being very tricky in the scam they are dealing out when they write these types of reports.
And you are ripping them a new one by illustrating very consisely to everyone here, the nuts and bolts, piece by piece, of what they are doing.
I just wanted to thank you for that. The more people that can truly understand and read in between the lines of their agenda against freedom, the better

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I agree organizations like the ADL are about a couple of things gaining control using fear. The facts dont matter to them and they can spin anything to fit into their little box.

They will keep looking for a way to use fear to gain control just like the Flu or the Muslim boogieman. They need to draw the attention away while the other hand does the work. That is why we need to be super vigilant right now and keep or eyes wide open.

I believe their plans have failed and fear only works for so long. We have become desensitized to almost all of it. People did not line up for the shot the Muslim Boogieman does not have us huddling in the corner anymore what is next?

I just wish they would use less stick and more carrot. We are hungry and the stick has worn smooth.

And to all posters always keep it honest and peaceful. Do not be baited. Words are powerful temper them with wisdom.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Gotta love how fast the pro-ADL people showed up in here once SO and Springer chimed in.

The question now is:

Who among them took those quotes out of context and sent them on to ADL?

It's obvious (IMHO) whoever did it took the time to read through the threads involved to pick out specific quotes like that. More than likely a member here.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings

And guess what: Several ATS members are in there.
We (AboveTopSecret.com management) have sent a "DMCA Take-Down" notice to the ADL for the improper use of content posted by our members.

What ATS members are there?

I saw part of the list, and it includes radio show hosts, and even Ron Paul, although it is a bit wierd to me that Ron Paul is the last name in the list, as if he was added as an after-though...

I mean, who would really have power to change things for the better and for politicans to UPHOLD the U.S. Constitution?... A Radio show host, or a U.S. Senator?... I think everyone should know the answer to that question, yet Ron Paul was the last name in their list.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nightmare_david

I agree with you I also believe they are members and may have very well baited the issue to begin with. I for one am going to look how my post could be taken in context. I have my ideas about who they are but like the other poster said it could turn into a witch hunt and I dont want that it will only make it worse.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Doc Velocity - Boondock Saint and Sickle and Hammer

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I agree with you I also believe they are members and may have very well baited the issue to begin with.

Only members? I am not pointing fingers or anything, but just think, the Obama administration has acknowledged that they want/wanted to infiltrate conspiracy theorist forums/groups, and who has more power in such forums?

This didn't just start with Obama getting in power, this infiltration has been on the works for a long time now.

I am not claiming all, nor most staff members are part of this. I know several staff members, and even if we disagree i don't think most would do anything like this, but we must remember that staff members were also members once, and they would have the capability to find out information about regular members, and give it away to the ADL, and other "Obama authorities".

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
You don't need to be a member of ATS to read the quote snippets that were taken out of context and published in the ADL report.

Now, if there was baiting involved, that would be a different story altogether, since you must be a member to post. I suppose you could scour threads and make assumptions all you want about such suspected activity, but proving anything would be all but impossible.

The issue here is the mis-use and defamation of ATS members, whose posts appear to have been twisted askew of their original intent in order to fit like a puzzle piece into the ADL's agenda driven report.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

I agree with you I also believe they are members and may have very well baited the issue to begin with.

Only members? I am not pointing fingers or anything, but just think, the Obama administration has acknowledged that they want/wanted to infiltrate conspiracy theorist forums/groups, and who has more power in such forums?

This didn't just start with Obama getting in power, this infiltration has been on the works for a long time now.

I am not claiming all, nor most staff members are part of this. I know several staff members, and even if we disagree i don't think most would do anything like this, but we must remember that staff members were also members once, and they would have the capability to find out information about regular members, and give it away to the ADL, and other "Obama authorities".

Lets see I say members and you equate that to ATS staff?
And I say nothing about who started it or how it started and you play the political game?

This is called baiting and I am not playing it anymore and I will call it out when it happens. You put words in my mouth and twisted it to fit into your agenda please stop. I dont want to play this game anymore.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Lets see I say members and you equate that to ATS staff?
And I say nothing about who started it or how it started and you play the political game?

This is called baiting and I am not playing it anymore and I will call it out when it happens. You put words in my mouth and twisted it to fit into your agenda please stop. I dont want to play this game anymore.

What the heck are you talking about?... I am not "baiting" anyone...but if there are members that could be doing this, there are also some new staff members who were just members once.... So members can do this but no staff member could do this?... I would not think most of the old staff members would be involved with this, but why is it so hard to think it is possible some members were sent to these forums to infiltrate it, and infiltrate the staff?....

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

You tried to turn my non political post into a political one and you took my comments about members and turned that into the staff.

Maybe I am on edge but I am really looking at the words and how they are used right now. And I dont want to argue politics in this thread maybe someone else does but not me. I enjoy your posts but I took offence to this one and maybe it is me I dont know but it is not sitting well with me.

Maybe I need a brake from ATS?

It's me I am over sensitive about this issue and I am taking it all to heart I am sorry.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Being a tea baggin' constitutionalist, I consider you a friend since we're both fighting for freedom to express ourselves without fear. I should be able to argue and debate with you and everyone else without winding up on a list. My parents ditched Cuba over this crap!

I have signed forms to ask the government to uphold the Constitution, and to stop it with the take over... i know in a way it is a dumb idea, but if noone stands up, then when it is too late then noone will be able to stand up and say enough is enough.

I wonder if the governors/mayors of those states who signed the "enough is enough" bill could also be added to these lists, as well as other people....

I said it before, and I said it again... people should have realized what is happening when Janet Napolitano released her "rightwing extremism" and claimed that people who fear COMMUNISM, a One World Order, and any policies of Obama, apart from not wanting Gun control, the UN to take over, or who just want the government to uphold the Constitution are "possible terrorists".....

I also escaped Cuba with my parents to see the same thing happening to the U.S.....and it is painful to see this happening...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by UfoSpecial
And you are ripping them a new one by illustrating very consisely to everyone here, the nuts and bolts, piece by piece, of what they are doing.

And yet, it's the ADL that is ripping itself a new butt hole by shamelessly lifting innocuous comments — yes, I'll keep calling them innocuous comments — from across the Internet and twisting them into a fekking tapestry of FEAR.

Is that a sensational pronouncement on my part? I think not. We're right here at GROUND ZERO of Censorship in America, people. It's happening to us RIGHT NOW, with the ADL "report" on violent speech. They're taking harmless (if sincere) remarks and tagging them as threats and as violence-inciting speech.

For the sake of comparison, allow me to show you some REAL violence-inciting speech, okay?

"You can't love your country and hate your government."

Say WHAT? Hating our government is America's heritage. It's what drives our elections. We not only have a duty but an obligation to HATE OUR GOVERNMENT.

All real Americans hate the yoke of government, and we trample it underfoot with glee. About this there is no question. So who was the violence-inciting, un-American, sonofabitch twinkle-toes commie who said "You can't love your country and hate your government"?

Well, that would be President Bill Clinton, back in 1995, standing before a throng of grieving Americans in Oklahoma City, consoling them with the goddamned lie "You can't love your country and hate your government."

The Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in OKC was a smoldering pile of rubble.

Yeah, obviously, you CAN love your country and hate your government. But the important thing to note is the domestic violence under Clinton's administration. It was crazy rampant, the "anti-government" militias were the "terrorists," and Big Daddy Gubbmint was going to come galloping to the rescue, right?

No, that's not right. The Federal government was inciting the violence and then responding to it. I'm not going to drag you all down Ruby Ridge and through the litigation afterwards that found the government guilty of everything EXCEPT murder (because federal agents have immunity to the law), but every step of the way, from Ruby Ridge to Waco to OKC, the federal government was THE FIRST TO FIRE.

Our own government incited violence in America. Does that not infuriate you? People were shot with high-powered rifles, they were burned to death and blown up because the Federal Government overstepped its Constitutionally-granted powers.

That's what happens when governments turn corrupt. And, God help us, the George Bush administration was corrupt, as well, although not to the dizzying height of corruption of the Clinton administration.

The Clinton administration wasn't "building a bridge to the future"... It was a demolition job.

The subsequent GWB administration was nothing so much as a patsy for every blame-game in the world. George Bush was a moderate frat boy who wasn't equipped to handle the presidency — mentally equipped, that is. It was Congress running the nation at that point, and it was Congress that not only invaded Iraq (thanks Hillary, thanks John Kerry) but that is still funding military operations in Iraq to this day.

To me the GWB administration was a major FAIL, not for the Republican Party, but for the American People. The Bush administration just laid there and rotted, absorbing all the vitriol from its many detractors. The Bush administration had no backbone, but at least it managed to keep the rag-heads from flying any more planes into our centers of economic exchange. LOL

So now here we have this "Magic Negro" administration — I only mention "Negro" because Obama's pigmentation is what got the man elected, not his experience. You could not have taken Onama's "Hope & Change" campaign and tacked it onto a white candidate, I guarantee you. A white guy performing Obama's rhetoric would come off like an especially lame Ron Paul, okay, and Ron Paul never wins.

No, this administration does not reflect (nor even acknowledge) the Will of the American People. Huh? Wha? Sorry, the numbers just aren't there. The sad and bad news for this administration is that the American people are finally getting pissed off with the DECONSTRUCTION OF AMERICA, and we are getting really pissed off with the central government's stated objective of SILENCING DISSENT.

And, no, I'm not a Tea Bagger, but they can quote me if they wish. I grant them permission.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

ST
u have to remember
these folks are trained in how to get
these responses. It's like being in a court
room and the opposing attorney leads
a witness in the direction they wish to go.
This is part of their training.

However, now it's getting to the point where
their baiting lines can be seen a mile
away. Look for keywords they use. Once you
figure out those keywords, the rest is gravy

best wishes

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join