It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

april 22 earth day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
its what i heard,im hope im correct.
so what are we going to do for earth day huh^^?
i will summon rain to fluorish the earth,no im not kidding,i really believe i will make it rain on 22 : D

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

I bought a 55 gallon drum of oil to burn. I like to think of it as a candle to celebrate earth day. Plus, I have felt the air was a little carbon deficient in my area. I highly encourage everyone to get their own drum of oil and join me. Just think how excited the Earth will be.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Chicken_Bone]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
i dont get it -_- why burn a gallon of oil? i mean i like explosions and all

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I assume he's joking.

....If not then....

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Well that is a good point. Sometimes I just don't try hard enough. Where has my passion for life gone. Feel free to add whatever explosives you like. I like to think of explosions as little love tickles to mother Earth.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
dont worry mate im pretty lazy too,just get a glass of water and spill it on the ground,watering the grassm,then you can get some explosions and blow stuff up.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't understand why we need a certain day to remind us to take care of our planet.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
couse most of us (like me still) are too lazy to care for the planet,and i guess we can atleast put some effort for atleast one day to be good...
its a nice begining

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am the same way, I honestly don't care one way or the other. It is just odd for me that these so called "earth lovers" need a specific day to be good to nature.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
earthlovers are usualy too obssessed,they care everyday,the day is probably needed for the lazy people,to try to make them do something atleast one day.
honestly i find earthloving vegetarians crazy and annoying too,but well...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
For Earth Day I am taking two male cats to be neutered at The Happy Paws volunteer clinic. That will shut up the neighbors whose females cats keep getting pregnant because they don't get them spayed.

The rest of the morning I will sit in my yard and watch little green sprouts push up through the dirt in my garden.

I will finally get bored waiting for that to happen, so I will plant a Dwarf Lilac bush.

After my wife tells me she doesn't want it where I planted it, I will transplant it where she tells me she really wants it, cursing all the while because I should have asked her that day, not the day before, where she wanted it.

Then it will probably be time to retrieve the cats from the clinic and bring them home.

Then I will need to fill in the first hole I dug for the bush.

After that I will go back to the garden to see if any of the pea seeds have sprouted. They won't have, yet.

Finally, I will drive to the liquor store, buy a bottle of Jim Beam, 4 year old, not the more expensive 7 year old, all the while wishing I had enough money to buy a bottle of Maker's Mark, but I spent the extra money on the bush.

I'll come home and will find that my grandson has beat the bush dang near to death with a stick, because I had previously told him, "Don't yell in my house. If you feel angry about something, go outside and take a stick and beat on something (preferably not his sisters or the cats), until you get it all out of your system."

I will see the bush, sit down and open the bottle of Jim Beam, take a hefty swallow, then say the hell with Earth Day, pick up the stick my grandson left lying in the yard and beat the bush totally into submission.

Then I will paint a picture of a Dwarf Lilac bush, using the picture on the tag that came with the bush, give it to my wife and say, "Here's the bush. You plant it where ever you want it."

No doubt she will tell me exactly where I can put that bush and not change he mind the next day.

Oh, and it will rain all day, too. And I will get very wet.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by kyred]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Earth day, is that like earth hour we had recently but all day? You know the hour where everyone is supposed to turn off their lights for an hour to make them feel like they are saving the planet.Its all sounds nice and green but pretty much a waste of time .After the day they all go back to normal life switching on twice as many things as normal because they think they have all this energy credit from the good things they did the other day.As long as they think they have done a good green thing its all that matters .If you really want to make a difference go live in a cave and tell everyone else to.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
the whole idea of turning the ligts off is kinda stupid if u ask me,just buy green products and use new wayf to save energy.
why should i turn my lights off when i can buy a soler panel
sun energy rules,especialy when the sun gets stronger and stronger until it explodes in our faces POWNAGE

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I have been running solar and wind for about 10 years now ,but just recently have noticed an increase in output from the panels ,i think it might be due to the sun spot or solar flare activity.It seems like i get sunburnt quicker if i go outside to.I might have to become a night prowler!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
well we have volcano clouds now,so atleast we will skip the hotness this seasons

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The actual point is that the sun is getting weaker and weaker.

--

I agree with the notion that Earth Day is illegitimate as everyone should be caring for the environment ALL THE TIME. This is our only home(that we know of) so lets treat it right!

(Don't want some Final Fantasy VIII or The Fifth Element type scenario on our hands!)

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
well no one is perfect,like you cant care for earth everyday,we dont even have enough time for our familyes. just throwing the trash in the trashbin,and inventing some new energy way should be okey. for most people

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think the earth will take care of itself when we are all gone.

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
In honor of Earth Day, I am going to fire up the pit and have a big BBQ!

Something to ponder: Recently the National Day of Prayer was ruled Unconstitutional. With so many people worshipping Mother Earth, could we have a similar ruling about Earth Day?

posted on Apr, 21 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
not as long as the rich think its in theyr favor to have this day

new topics

top topics

join