It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I,ve just took this pic...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I,m not sure if this is the correct way..i,ve just took this from my dorstep in west yorkshire...its the first plane i,ve seen in nearly a week....but what is that on the right.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
looks like a light bulb reflection to me?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Here ya go..........

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yeah it certainly looks like a reflection to me too, good pic of the plane though!

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

Could it be the lens flare?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

My thoughts exactly. It appears to me to be a lens flare.

Not so sure about it being a reflection as some have suggested... But I would bet money that it is either a lens flare or reflection... something besides a UFO.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but I must: "I'm", "I've just taken this picture", "doorstep", "Yorkshire" and "?".

As for the picture - if you've taken it from your doorstep, then I assume it is not a reflection or light glare on a window or any such thing. Could it be glare from the sun? It looks like a 'lens flare', from the pure white centre and blue hue around it; it also looks 2D and on the lens rather than in the sky.

No one else has asked the obvious, so I shall: did you see it with your own eyes? Or did you see it only when you looked at the photo? I assume the latter, which makes the glare/reflection more likely. Though it does, in a way, almost look like a Prandtl–Glauert singularity (yes, I had to look that up) created when something breaks the sound barrier. Most unlikely though, I feel

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien
reply to post by union_jack

Could it be the lens flare?

It's not lense flare... There isn't a strong enough source of light to create a lense flare.

What this is however is a reflection, This image looks to be taken through a window and the reflection is from a source within the room where the image is taken.

Though I have to say... way to go who ever cleaned the window!! Not smudge in sight!!!

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Poster said he took it from his doorstep, which suggests to me that this was taken from outside. Maybe it's still some kinf od flare though, but I don't think it's a reflection.
(I'm no expert, but I've seen enough UFO pictures to know what a reflection looks like
)

(and I'm sorry to do the pedantic thing, but it's "I've just taken this pic"
)

[edit on 20/4/2010 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Poster said he took it from his doorstep, which suggests to me that this was taken from outside. Maybe it's still some kinf od flare though, but I don't think it's a reflection.
(I'm no expert, but I've seen enough UFO pictures to know what a reflection looks like
)

(and I'm sorry to do the pedantic thing, but it's "I've just taken this pic"
)

Here is the image with auto adjusted colours. Its is clear to see that the area around the anomaly has a strong source of light around it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc1b4c685884.jpg[/atsimg]

Either this image has been cropped to not show the source of the strong light i.e. the sun.

Or.

This image was taken behind glass with a light bulb reflected off the window.

I would suggest it’s the latter.

All the best,

Korg.

[edit on 20-4-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Pfft!

What do you guys know? It's a flippin' Chinese Lantern!

*So* obvious...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by noonebutme]

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
Pfft!

What do you guys know? It's a flippin' Chinese Lantern!

*So* obvious...

[edit on 20-4-2010 by noonebutme]

I do hope you are joking....

2nd... Line.

Korg.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Looks like a photo of something taken from behind glass with mist or condensation on it...

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

fair enough on the strong source of light comment, but that source of light seems to run the depth of the picture. I've no idea if that backs up what you say, or what I say
I'm still going to plump for some kind of reflection/refreaction (on that we agree) But I'll believe that this was taken outside until corrected by the OP.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
why are people so quick to call it a reflection of a window.

From my understanding, windows sit virticle in walls and jets fly up high in the sky, now unles the jet has somehow turned itself into a space shuttle and is doing a virticle take off, I think the window reflection should be thought out again.

I may be wrong, but it is something people whould consider before quickly writting off a picture.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

There isn't a strong enough source of light to create a lense flare.

Why is that? Isn't the sun a strong enough source of light to create the lens flare?

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66

From my understanding, windows sit virticle in walls and jets fly up high in the sky, now unles the jet has somehow turned itself into a space shuttle and is doing a virticle take off, I think the window reflection should be thought out again.

I may be wrong, but it is something people whould consider before quickly writting off a picture.

Have you ever heard of a Skylight Window??

2nd Line..

Korg.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

There isn't a strong enough source of light to create a lense flare.

Why is that? Isn't the sun a strong enough source of light to create the lens flare?

I meant that there was non visible... As I suggested if this was taken outside, and the anomaly is a lens flare then the image as been cropped to not show this portion of the picture...

The OP may not have cropped the image himself, most digital cameras have options to set the resolution of the image and crop to fit.

All the best,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

2nd Line..

Korg.
Only think with sky lights, is that's quite alot of sky, and no frame of the window. Sky lights aren't renowned for being big windows. The OP claims to have taken this from the porch, and as such, i think he should be believed. innocent until proven guilty n all that

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

2nd Line..

Korg.
Only think with sky lights, is that's quite alot of sky, and no frame of the window. Sky lights aren't renowned for being big windows. The OP claims to have taken this from the porch, and as such, i think he should be believed. innocent until proven guilty n all that

This image has been zoomed, so this is why the image gives the impression of a large skyscape.

Korg.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join