It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building on Mars - Orbital View

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Here is the only thing I can see thus far. I'll humor you I am bored.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b4320f10d14.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Sorry I am not seeing anything else.

Only that area perked my interest.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Just above the main object of interest and slightly to the right. It also stands out as shiny, it's just out of frame on the enhanced version posted.

Also looking at the main object then look directly down from that just on the otherside of the hill or mound. There is circular object that appears to be half covered in sand, it is also shiny ( half of it ) and on the left side of the circular object a long pipe or line extends down into the crater floor. It isnt perfectly straight and looks kinda jagged but also shiny or reflective. In the enahnced version you can sorta make the circle and pipe out but its shadowed over abit

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Also an interesting twist, I have worked out that it is Endeavour Crater, next stop for Opportunity Rover
very convienient. I will be interested to see which direction it goes when it gets to the crater.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
Also an interesting twist, I have worked out that it is Endeavour Crater, next stop for Opportunity Rover
very convienient. I will be interested to see which direction it goes when it gets to the crater.

Oh I didn't know that! Should be pretty interesting.

As to those other "anomalies" you pointed out, I am not seeing them sorry. They look pretty normal to me.

But I am pretty interested in that long shadow if it's a shadow at all.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Yeah the main object is the center one we can see. I'm not 100% on the others, im downloading a hi res MRO photo of the crater its jpep2000 so im hopoing i can open it.

Yeah the black shadow, its hard to tell whther that is an object or shadow.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Oh yeah those files are pretty huge. You should be able to open that file. There are few good free image programs that are fast.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
sorry I'm not seeing anything?
just blobs of grey and white

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Actually i do see something
one of these - i call it a "Rock Arch"

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by JaquVanCouger

Normallly i would try to explain what i am seeing but i thought the picture spoke for itself.

Here it is again

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aed9ff9e2eaa.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I see a blue circle and some red lines. I notice a lot of threads like this on ATS and they all look like nothing to me. Is there something wrong with my sight or the way I am looking at all these Mars pictures?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

No go with the MRO pic, its not good enough quality even know its was 60 meg.

It's amazing how hard it is to find full hi res pics of the crater especially considering the rover is going there. I would have thought HiRise would have been all over it by now

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterall

Inside the blue circle

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007

Inside the blue circle

LOL. I know you are trying to get me to look there. I was trying to be silly, sorry. I just do not see anything in that circle that resembles anything. I cannot discern any shape that makes me think there is anything there aside from rocks. Could you outline exactly what is what?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

This is the object below the main one, the highlights are up high so you cannot make out the center object. The one below seemd to be circular shaped.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e93efa3e344.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

lol yeah i know
ok I will try to highlight the object.

[edit on 19-4-2010 by Havick007]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I'm with Afterall on this one.

I honestly cannot see anything peculiar in what you have pointed out.

I'm positive I'm looking at the same landscape features as you but it just doesn't look like anything out of the ordinary.

It's also impossible to tell anyway with this low resolution picture, hopefully you can get that high res cropped and posted.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Really nice find! i inverted the colors and clearly this is something VERY strange...just thought i'd put it up. There seems to be shape that just is not naturally formed...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24e964148ac4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigami

aahh yeah with negative on it stands out as well.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

WOW you are right the picture does speak for itself and it cries out to be heard saying NO detail.
You are starting to go down the route of this member Imagir have a look at the images on threads he posted do a search for them.
You really need to find the resolution of the pictures you are looking at because if each pixel covers many mtrs you cant see detail its simple.
All film and digital cameras have a resolution limit no amount of farting about with image software will change that.

Mod Note: Excessive Quoting – Please Review This Link

[edit on Mon Apr 19 2010 by Jbird]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join