It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! I guess Bank of America does care.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

.... and if i were to offer the service "Cash all checks here" and carry them to their fee-free banks and demanded 4$ per check, i should get customers.
Skank of america would have to lower to compete, somebody else would enter the market and only demand 3$ and on, and on and on untill wie were at 0$, just like the free market model predicts.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by narwahl

I admire your spirit! I don't think you have to justify yourself. Best wishes from me.

Thanks, narwahl. That's wonderful to hear.

I really don't know what CookieMonster expects. Am I really supposed to upload all of my documentary evidence to make him/her happy and help them understand that BOA really are this twisted? Sorry, but that's not going to happen. S/He is just going to have to be satisfied knowing that I have better things to do than create this story, and for what reason? Just as JulieWashington said, I'm fighting the good fight. I know in my heart that I'm getting railroaded and doing the best I can to fight a huge corporation that many people think are too big to fight because we've been told they're too big to fail. I sleep well at night knowing that I'm doing the honorable thing. Even though I'm 4'7", my boyfriend always reminds me that I'm the tallest person he knows.

Thanks again for contributing & have an excellent 4th!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I own someone $10. That person or their agent comes to collect. i hand then $5 and state 'there is a $5 fee for me handing you the money'. The payee has a contract with the bank to honor the amount they write on that check paper. Why should someone be forced to open an account with that bank in order for them to cash that bank's check. That mean a person needs an account with every bank from which someone may pay.

No, you are posing an entirely different scenario above. If you really want to cash the check, go to your own bank, not the bank where the check was written. That way, you avoid paying any kind of cash checking fee.

Heck, cashing a check at your local gas station can run $25-35 easy. Yet, you never hear anyone complain about this check cashing fee.

In your scenario above, the bank does have an obligation to honor the check when the check is cashed at another bank. The only time where the bank requires the person to open an account is if the person wants to cash a check at the bank and doesn't have an account there.

Otherwise, why not cash the check at your own bank? Why should the shareholders and clients of Bank of America give away free cash checking services to non-customers?

She went on to tell me that she and the other officers were truly disgusted that the bank sent them out for trumped up reasons.

Apparently, you neglected to mention to the police officer one minor detail. Namely, that you threatened to commit violence against yourself if the bank didn't comply with your wishes. Had you followed through on that threat, the bank could be liable if they did not report the incident.

Here again, we have another simple instance of your continued lack of veracity and truthfulness.

.... and if i were to offer the service "Cash all checks here" and carry them to their fee-free banks and demanded 4$ per check, i should get customers.

Go ahead. No one is stopping you. If you want to open a bank, or check cashing business, have at it. I am sure that Bank of America will be oh so intimidated by your marketing prowess.

I really don't know what CookieMonster expects. Am I really supposed to upload all of my documentary evidence to make him/her happy and help them understand that BOA really are this twisted?

How about a simple admission that you failed to meet your contractual obligations under the original terms and conditions of the mortgage agreement? How about accepting personal responsibility instead of shifting the blame to others? That might be a good place to start. Instead, by making these accusations with no merit or support whatsoever, it is truly hard to find your story credible or even believable.

Yes, go ahead and fight the good fight. You're going to need all the help you can muster under the circumstances.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Apparently, you neglected to mention to the police officer one minor detail. Namely, that you threatened to commit violence against yourself if the bank didn't comply with your wishes.

What?
Again, you're having problems comprehending what's been stated.
I said that they could have my house when they peeled my cold, dead body off the floor.
Where does this imply I'm going to kill myself?
I was simply using the phrase on bumper stickers of hard core gun owners, which state that they can have their gun when they pry it from their cold, dead hands. Does this mean that these gun owners are suicidal or simply going to hold onto their firearms until they die a natural death? Maybe it means that they will have to be killed first before the gun is taken.
I simply meant that they could have my house when I'm dead, so they have their choice. They can come and kill me or wait until I die naturally. I will never relinquish property to crooks. I will have to be dead first if someone is going to take something from me fraudulently.

Now, I'm done with you. You have a nasty habit of interpreting things to fit your whim -- just like the banks.
Have a wonderful 4th.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I said that they could have my house when they peeled my cold, dead body off the floor. Where does this imply I'm going to kill myself?

You're kidding, right? The bank took the appropriate action by calling the police. You made a direct threat of violence, and your statements were grossly inappropriate. You issued a threat, a threat that could have meant violence to yourself, as well as others.

Perhaps you did mean it at the time, and got scared when the police actually showed up. Who really knows? Your story is so untruthful and misguided, nothing would surprise any of the readers of this thread anymore.

Maybe it means that they will have to be killed first before the gun is taken. I simply meant that they could have my house when I'm dead, so they have their choice.

Killed? Gun? Dead? Are you even listening to your own words? Good grief.

Sure sounds like a violent threat to me. The bank definitely made the right call. You would have to belong in a loony bin if you did not think these violent statements were inappropriate. When you use words that evoke violent images, you are not speaking with a rational mind.

It is not uncommon for borrowers in distress to take their own lives, and also the lives of others in the process. Your statements were grossly inappropriate. Had you taken your life, and the bank not called the police, the phone records could have been utilized by your heirs to sue the bank.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Someone once stole 25,000 dollars in cash advances from my platinum card. BofA refused to investigate the claims and the local police didn't even take me too seriously. That was where the rest of my college money went to. Now to be fair to BoA i was spending quite a lot of money on my card but i was able to pay the bare minimums, and i paid the card off in full. I never took out more than 100 dollars at a time from the card. I offered to appear in court and send in photographs of myself to cross reference with any camera data.

They just plain old didn't care.

People have no clue how to break out of their monkeysphere it seems.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Someone once stole 25,000 dollars in cash advances from my platinum card. BofA refused to investigate the claims and the local police didn't even take me too seriously.

If your story were true, you should have hired an attorney, and filed a formal police report, especially given the dollar amount involved.

But, here we go. Once again - as with all of these "stories", we never get to hear from the other side, so it's your word against theirs. If you could actually cite a legal case, the story might be more believable.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Do you know why there was never a legal case to cite? BECAUSE I WAS NEVER PROPERLY INFORMED ON HOW TO GO ABOUT IT.

BoA never told me i had to file a police report...And to make matters worse they refused to do any investigation on their side of the matter. I was under the impression that i had to CONTACT THE BANK FIRST. And because i had identity theft protection on it i assumed that the bank was competent enough to handle it seeing as how they are the ones with direct access to the ATM's and systems involved. I EXPECTED THEM TO PROTECT THEIR CUSTOMERS SECONDLY I did consult a lawyer on the subject as well as my law-school friends who were attending case-western reserve. They told me the same thing, because i didn't file a police report i was screwed. Do you have any idea how many lawyers BoA has? I wouldn't have stood a chance against them in court. And who would the courts believe? Some scrappy 20 something with dad's money or an army of paid legal professionals who work with what is considered a prestigious institution? It was easier for me to cut my losses instead of dragging out a battle with some banking institution that has me outgunned from the get go.

What more do you want from me? Do you want me to black out and cut out my personal info and send you my banking records from the past 10 years? Do you want me to go to freaking cleveland and look for the officer, lawyers and law students i spoke with and have them personally call you? I'm also not about to hand out my real information on the internet just because some stranger who uses Muppet Nomenclature doesn't believe my particular case or story.

But i guess i am a real idiot for thinking that a bank should immediately investigate claims on behalf of their own customers right? It is absurd to assume that competing instutions should cooperate with eachother in the event of money loss in order to maintain product and market stability regardless of law enforcements involvement. Right?

And for the record not every ATM has a camera on it so even if the police did a thorough investigation it didn't guarantee viable results. BoA refused to cooperate with me and i am willing to submit to any further investigation.

Keep white Knighting for a corporation that could care less about your own individual welfare. I do not understand peoples blind devotion to the systems we had in place.

Now please take your ill-informed opinion somewhere else. It's insulting to those of us who have suffered a tangible money loss because of lazy and greedy business practices.
edit on 10-7-2012 by DeathShield because: Squirells found their way into the stove pipe, also some minor errors. Emotional Response is Emotional

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

And before you point out the inconsistency that i spoke with officers but didn't file a report on the matter understand that at no point did i say i filed a police report. I was never informed that i had to ( again i thought my bank was going to handle the legal matters, i thought wrong obviously) i spoke with one of the on campus officers at my school about it and he told me that i should have filed a report first before calling them up, and that reporting it after the fact was going to muddy and muck up the investigation. He was quick and dismissive with me.

But hey, you are right, i'm just some dude on the internet who is lying because CLEARLY i have something to gain by lying to total strangers on the internet about a banking institution that i no longer do business with.

My locally owned bank is serving me just fine now (i'm not about to advertise them mind you), Whenever i have problems they tell me what steps i need to take in order to resolve the issue and at no point do they try weaseling money out of me or accuse me of lying. I had an incident last year where my roomate was stealing my debit card and guess what? They guided me step by step on how to go about resolving it and even though they were unable to reimburse me they didn't count any of it against my credit score or anything else. The people at my current bank are Seemingly honest.

BoA didn't even care. They hung up on me twice because i asked them to offer evidence on the subject. But hey i guess you are right. Those poor banks are getting picked on by the evil children of upper middle class people such as myself right? They are so defenseless that they need you to argue for them apparently. \

And lets say i did give you all the info you needed. Are you really going to waste your time and effort trying to disprove me? Someone who is largely Anonymous and in the grand scheme of things has no real impact of BoA's market performance? Are you that paranoid that people are trying so hard to discredit BoA that they are concocting simple or elaborate lies ON A CONSPIRACY FORUM THAT NO MAINSTREAM NEWS SOURCES TAKES SERIOUSLY?

Seriously what do i have to gain here? If anything i have something to lose because of my lack of "proof" and as such run the risk of making an ass myself. I never expected anyone to believe me.

These aren't the droids you are looking for. Move Along.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Do you know why there was never a legal case to cite? BECAUSE I WAS NEVER PROPERLY INFORMED ON HOW TO GO ABOUT IT.

It's not the bank's role to give you legal advice. In fact, it is unlawful for anyone other than an attorney to give legal advice. It's also not the bank's fault that you failed to seek out an attorney.

BoA never told me i had to file a police report...And to make matters worse they refused to do any investigation on their side of the matter. I was under the impression that i had to CONTACT THE BANK FIRST.

Again, see above. Banks cannot give legal advice. Only attorneys can.

Banks are also not required to do an investigation unless you file a claim disputing the activity in your checking account. If there was fraud on your account, you could have submitted paperwork at your local retail bank branch contesting the withdrawals from your checking account. This is normal procedure at any bank.

My wife and I had a fraudulent charge on one of our accounts. We contacted the bank, completed the paperwork to contest the fraudulent charge, and shortly thereafter, the money was placed back into our checking account. The whole matter was resolved in less than 30 days.

They told me the same thing, because i didn't file a police report i was screwed.

Yep.

Do you have any idea how many lawyers BoA has? I wouldn't have stood a chance against them in court.

Um, with all due respect, the bank isn't your enemy. They didn't steal your money. Whomever was using your debit card unlawfully stole your money, not the bank.

You cannot sue the bank for theft because they didn't commit a crime. It's up to you to hire an attorney and file a police report, and file a claim with the bank contesting the fraudulent withdrawals.

At big banks, these claim reports are fairly commonplace.

What more do you want from me?

How about you start by laying blame where it is deserved? The bank never stole your money. A thief stole your money. It is your personal responsibility to file a police report, and hire an attorney, as noted above.

But i guess i am a real idiot for thinking that a bank should immediately investigate claims on behalf of their own customers right?

You have to actually make a claim in writing. Just telling someone at the bank doesn't cut it.

Now please take your ill-informed opinion somewhere else. It's insulting to those of us who have suffered a tangible money loss because of lazy and greedy business practices.

Misplaced anger. You are steaming mad at the bank, when the bank didn't do anything wrong. You should be angry at the thief that stole your debit card.

i spoke with one of the on campus officers at my school about it and he told me that i should have filed a report first

Your story doesn't make sense. Campus officers and your attorney friends tell you to file a police report, and you won't listen. Instead, you want to blame the bank and not take personal responsibility. People told you what to do, you just never followed through on their advice. Good grief.

But hey, you are right, i'm just some dude on the internet who is lying because CLEARLY i have something to gain by lying to total strangers on the internet about a banking institution that i no longer do business with.

No, I have no idea if you are lying or not. I don't even know you. What I am saying is that it is very popular right now in our culture to blame the "big bad banks", and in practically every scenario, the individual doing the blaming is responsible for their misfortune or the anger is completely misdirected, as in your case.

BoA didn't even care. They hung up on me twice because i asked them to offer evidence on the subject.

Sure they did. Right. Yep, those big bad banks again!

I had an incident last year where my roomate was stealing my debit card and guess what?

This sounds like a recurring problem.

Are you that paranoid that people are trying so hard to discredit BoA that they are concocting simple or elaborate lies ON A CONSPIRACY FORUM THAT NO MAINSTREAM NEWS SOURCES TAKES SERIOUSLY?

Honestly, I am just tired of the lies, falsehoods, and misdirected slander. It's pretty pathetic. People want to bash banks because it is the popular thing to do nowadays. I just don't buy it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

You are correct in everything you say. i am a liar. Good day sir.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join