It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow! I guess Bank of America does care.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I think I just got a good omen. Maybe it was sent to me because all of you....

Funny that I just opened my 2nd fortune cookie from last night & this is what is said:

Life is never more fun than when you're the underdog competing against the giants.

Go figure. Let the fun begin!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

My guess is you will be able to keep your house. From what I know about situations like that BofA really screwed up when they refused to accept your full payment. I wish you the best and I hope you win over those crooks.

That being said, everyone needs to raise every kind of hell possible about banks like BofA and Chase getting so big. They never should have been allowed to get so big that they respond to situations like this in such a manner. In the days of local banks and loan companies, someone like this would be dealt with on a local level and such a situation would never have come even close to foreclosure.

The horror stories out of these big banks are just unbelievable especially Chase. I have a personal friend who used his Chase credit card in D.C. just before a flight to Europe, and then used it when he arrived there about 9 hours later. Chase in their infinite stupidity shut off the card and stranded him for hours while he tried to get it straightened out the excuse being a charge was made in the U.S. and then in Europe in the same 24 hour period. Hello... welcome to the world of international air travel. What idiots.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Here's an idea... Get this story to go viral, and get BoA customers to "foreclose" on THEM and empty their bank accounts..... Why do people even feed these assholes with their own hard earned cash anyway???

Good attitude though dude... I salute you... Don't get mad as they say.... Get even.... But saying that I don't think I would be taking it as well as you have considering in America you can have a gun.... Good job they disarmed us English.....

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
isn't it hilarious that when wall street needs a bailout from Main street, its' taken forcibly, by two different administrations, from us without any promise of its return

but when main street (the OP) needs a bailout from wall street (or at the very least, a little understanding)

all he gets is the police at his front door?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Why would they keep sending your money back when you were trying to make payments?

My former mortgage lender Vanderbilt in TN
did the same thing to me.

I was 2 months behind and only sent them
1 months payment. They returned my check
and stated they wanted the full amount or
none at all. That was 10 months ago.
So I stopped paying them for being a$$holes
about it. They wanted me to default on the loan
so they could repossess it.

Well this past tuesday, it did get repossessed
and now the house is gone. However one thing
odd happened, Vanderbilt must have either sold
it to somebody else or either they did a consignment
with the note cuz the repossession was done
by another local bank, NOT my mortgage lender
themselves.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
No way I could pass up replying on this, my poor friend.

We are in exactly the same boat with Wells Fargo. The internet is flooded with reports about their tactics, and it is always the same, no matter how faithfully you paid, for how long, or how stable you may be.

Don't think all these foreclosures are deadbeats, people. Not even close.

Do you think this could be because certain areas have been targeted for "take out"...like for the Agenda 21 plan?

Could it be because there is a plan to corral people to certain areas and this will instigate the intended migration?

Do you think these are random isolated events, or is this a diabolical plan being orchestrated to take over certain regions because there are other plans for using the lands?

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I was hoping from the thread title this was going to be a story about finding some decent person who worked at BofA who actually helped someone out in a big way with their situation. I had this whole reply prepared about how, "corporations don't care, but sometimes you're lucky and find that person in the company who does," or some such.

This story just kind of made me sad. It is darkly amusing, but still sad.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I'm so sorry that happened to you. My condolences.
I've never heard of Vanderbilt. Were they owned by the company that dealt with the sale maybe?

I'm truly sure that all these folks are in bed with each other & it's getting to be a huge monopoly. I wish that the folks that worked for them would just quit, then they wouldn't have the man power to foreclose on everyone.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

they care about covering their asses in the backlash that you actually did hurt yourself...

they don't really care about you, hence why they are forcing your forclosure...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
I'm so sorry that happened to you. My condolences.
I've never heard of Vanderbilt. Were they owned by the company that dealt with the sale maybe?

here is a link to their website

www.vmf.com...

and here is a link to their repossession and refurbishing site

www.vmfrepos.com...

this really is to their benefit cuz they can draw money every month
for years and then repossess it and sell it again to somebody else
and make more profit than the original loan would have given
them. It's a double sell scam.

I had a 30 yr mortgage on this house and had paid every month
for over 15 yrs. So basically I was paying them the interest on
the loan and the principal was being non-paid. Then when they
repossess it, they can do the same process over again with
the mortgage interest to somebody else. The entire life of
the home is being centered around how much interest it can
earn them from buyer to buyer to buyer. It is an interest
only house scam.

[edit on 16-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
But look at all the good things the Banks are doing with their bail-out funds. The green is going green.

www.fclf.org...

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
How outrageous.

If your police department was on the ball, they would charge BoA with making a false report.

Not only do these crooks and thieves in the banking industry take our taxes for bailouts, they waste our local police resources on false reports!

You did not say you were suicidal. They must record all calls, ((however I myself record all of mine myself (when dealing with any corporate entity) and I tell them when they say this call may be recorded, well, I am recording it as well. The entire phone tap kit is not expensive and can be purchased at Radio Shack.)) so I would call them and request the hard copy of your last call for the lawsuit you intend to bring against them for improperly using the police to terroristically threaten you or something.

Good luck to you in your situation. I am outraged for you, and will keep your family in my prayers during this tough time.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I guess you could do something to the house so no one else would ever want to buy it, while you still own it. That way they'd gladly accept your money

Write them you're breeding tse tse flies or stuff like that for scientific purposes, that stuff can actually prolong the procedure.

Anyways, I hope everything ends up fine for you!

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
That is indeed humorous...still, I am a bit confused.. did you send in money to try to get current and they refused it? I thought that was considered a forfiture of loan in most states, meaning that by refusing your payment, they absolve all rights to any future payments... guess not, but it would
be quirky and funny if it was the case.

That's the actual business law. But they ignore law when it does not benefit them. I have been in a similar situation and your only recourse is to fight it out in court. BOA is now notorious around here for there thuggish tactics such as pouring antfreeze into sink toilet etc.

posted on Apr, 16 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well, you aren't alone man. This first quarter of 2010 is the biggest jump of foreclosures in 5 years - since this fall out started.

Check it out here - Foreclosure rates SURGE

Americans everywhere, in huge numbers are losing their homes to banks. It's a huge transfer of wealth. Sure, while it's legal because of the contracts for the banks to keep all that equity you put into the house, it's just wrong because WE THE PEOPLE are bailing those same banks out from their own mismanagement of resources. So, WTF?

This country is failing, and fast.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hmm, looks like it is playing out as we surmised.

I wonder how the homeowners in this thread are doing today?

For my part, I consulted Legal Aid, and they found that Wells Fargo had incorrectly filed paperwork against me as the sole occupant of our home at this time, and actually was asking the court to commit illegal acts in order to uphold its petition, and so the bank's case was dismissed.

They appealed and were again dismissed. I do hope they go through it again and get "dismissed with prejudice," which would render them unable to attempt another court action against me.

Since they have not done things legally, once again it seems that we were right, they were among those scamming the public and robbing honest people of their homes, credit, and equity.

But as for me, the giant has staggered and fallen, and I hope to stand firm against it for as long as necessary.

Maybe I will take the house from the bank, for a change!

It does appear that the bank would have done things legally if they possessed the proper paperwork proving ownership of the home, which it seems apparent is not the case. I plan to pay the property taxes and gain title through a process called "adverse possession," thereby keeping my thousands of dollars of equity, and continuing to live in my home, maintaining it and keeping out homeless and addicted people from the city a very short distance away. So far, so good.

I hope other homeowners are faring as well.
edit on 26-6-2012 by Copperflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

Hey, Copperflower. Thanks for replying to this thread and showing your concern about my ongoing situation. I'm also sorry to hear about your situation and I wish you the best of luck. White collar criminals of this magnitude need to get what's coming to them.
I'm still in my home and BOA is under investigation for how they've handled my mortgage.
I'm hoping justice prevails soon since I found that my initials were forged twice on my Mortgage Note. This evidence was included in the approximate 50 pages of documentary evidence I forwarded to the investigating officer.
Thanks again for your concern and I'll be back to offer updates on this as soon as I get word. Please keep us updated on your situation as well.
edit on 1-7-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Excellent news Afterthought!

Keep up the good fight!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thanks, Julie!
I figure that even if I do lose my house to these disgusting crooks, I will still press charges against the woman who forged my initials, BOA for honoring a Note with forgeries, causing me significant mental anguish for sending the police to my home (I have stated that this incident caused me to have nightmares for a few months afterwards), fraudulent lending practices, and breaches of contracts.
They have messed with the wrong person and I think they are well aware of this.
As on now, they continue to send people by every couple of weeks to photograph my home and I'm documenting this. I have written to the Comptroller about this and BOA says they can do this while under investigation to make sure I'm still here. As far as I'm concerned, coming by this often to see if I'm still here is bordering on harrassment and I will also use this as ammo, too.

Thanks again, Julie, and I hope you have a wonderful day.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You will not lose your house if you have evidence of forgery.

The people stopping by are most likely real estate agents doing valuations for the bank, especially if they are taking photos. This could mean that they are working on another loan modification offer for you too. Which would be in their best interest, because it white washes all the fraud docs and replaces them with new docs that you sign along with a waiver of any missing docs.

But in the end if you want to keep your home is could be a good solution for you, just depends on the terms. Glad you have an attorney

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join