It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Europe hit by volcanic ash

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just be glad this did not happen last fall.

The cooling effect of the dust over europe could have made for a very cold winter.

Iceland's Laki volcano erupted in 1783, freeing gases that turned into smog. The smog floated across the Jet Stream, changing weather patterns. Many died from gas poisoning in the British Isles. Crop production fell in western Europe. Famine spread. Some even linked the eruption, which helped fuel famine, to the French Revolution. Painters in the 18th century illustrated fiery sunsets in their works.

The winter of 1784 was also one of the longest and coldest on record in North America. New England reported a record stretch of below-zero temperatures and New Jersey reported record snow accumulation. The Mississippi River also reportedly froze in New Orleans.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

content.usatoday.com...
www.physorg.com...
academic.emporia.edu...

I believe global warming was not due to rising CO2 but the lack of major volcanic eruptions.
I also believe that the AGW people will have a very hard time pushing global warming if this volcano keeps erupting like it historically has.
If this turns out to be a major eruption bigger then Pinatubo, The government may be begging us to burn anything we can to restart global warming and stop a new ice-age.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The eruption of the 1780's led to the deaths of approx 23,000 people in Britain from enhaling poisoning and severe weather

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by archasama

You don't get it, the volcano and its smoke isn't a hoax, closing airspace more than 3000 miles away IS!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Greetings,

Get your mask here(what goes up must come down and blow around the world) who knows what else they may mix in the brew and blame it on God... as the Vatican said today REPENT!

Ebay ID #2012_warrior

link   
I am supposed to be flying to Malaga, Spain at 6 A.M. However since all flights are now grounded until at least 1PM we don't know if it is worth waking up at 3AM with our 2 year old son to just wait at an airport all day. The First Choice phone system shut a half hour early today so we cannot get any information. We have called the airline Thomson and have been on hold for an hour. The information on the web site is old, and if we do not turn up to be told the flight is delayed or cancelled, we will lose our money.

The information channels are truly blocked between the customer and First Choice. We are going to have to stay up until the NATS update at 2:30 AM since we may need to be up at 3 anyways!

link   
Thanks for all the good eye witness reporting from Northern Europe and UK. ATS rocks when it comes to stuff like this! Please keep letting us know what you see...and smell, and take care.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
This is something really big. Just like on 911 all air-traffic in Northern Europe is DOWN!!!

BUT THERE IS NO ASH TO SEE!!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

hello neighbor,

Brussels airport closed until Friday evening 06.00pm.
The sky here? Blue as can be

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Air traffic in Norway is now closed for the next 2 days, and it might be closed longer! And our leaders are abroad. The Primeminister is stuck in New York, and Crown Prince Haakon is stuck in London.

Earlier today the sulfur smell reach Bergen where I live. It was really intense. Even inside you could smell it strongly!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
To travel from Europe to the US or Canada if this keeps up for a year or more they may have to restart passenger ships across the atlantic to replace the airlines.

Or fly the other way around the world to Israel and take a ship to europe.
:

edited to remove excessive emoticons

[edit on 16-4-2010 by gallopinghordes]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
here in france all airports are closed they say the ashes can dammage the planes

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
ITV News are reporting that ash has apparently started to fall to the ground in Scotland.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Damn it was bad!

My brother said he saw it and it was blacker than any cloud he had ever seen!

Just goes to show how unpredictable nature us!

We are the Freaks!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If you still question that this is a hoax to scare the sheeple, let me tell you about the Netherlands during the last winter.
There was a mild frost and amazing 2 inches of snow fell. The result; the complete infrastructure in the Netherlands broke down. All freeways were jammed, no buses and no trains.
During the evening news I saw what the traffic jams caused, the roads weren't cleared and salted like the used to do. Later I found out the heaters of the Railroad switches were turned off so they all froze up and jammed.

And I see the same thing happening now. I don't see any plume of smoke/ash coming towards Europe. The Volcano is just like Iceland several thousand miles away from the rest of Europe. This is just pretending how fragile mankind and its technology is in order to scare the sheeple.

Remember, fear is one of their main tactics!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The only thing I have a problem with is that the media seems to be focusing entirely on the effects of ash upon aircraft, but they are saying very little about the effects of ash on people's health.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Belgium here, and the sky is dark... Everything is dark, oooh wait, its 11:20 pm...

Have to say, the sky was blue and clear the whole day!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Scottish health authorities have issued a warning.

They expect ash to fall tonight and move south.

They say if you are outside and develop a cough or runny nose then go inside and......well to be honest, I'm listening to it on the telelvision and I don't know what else they said.

I think they said there are reports of ash on some cars etc.

But they stress there isn't much danger to health, unless you have something like asthma etc.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hey guys- Im from Connecticut USA- I heard a brief bit of information on my radio news station this morning-mainly about the airports closing- and I almost drove off the road! I cant believe you guys cant fly!!

I will be starring and flagging this thread! Please keep us informed. I know you think that all we (Americans) care about is our own country, but to be quite honest we're not as rude and ignorant as our mass media (of whom I have thus far seen nothing on about this topic) like to portray us!

Thanks for all the information!!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

I have trouble believing that you actually think ash from a volcano ISN'T a potential threat to health and aircraft engines. Not everything is a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
opps! I retract what I just said- CNN has info on the ash as we speak (just to prove me wrong, I swear
)

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by Regenstorm

I have trouble believing that you actually think ash from a volcano ISN'T a potential threat to health and aircraft engines. Not everything is a conspiracy.

Well, actually, the Dutch and Belgium media are reporting that the ash is in the stratosphere, several miles up in the air. They say that there is no danger for our health.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join