It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hizbullah confirms report it received scud missiles

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Biological weapons, chemical Scuds?

Not forget that USA did 911 in their soil - so what makes us think that its not possible in Israel? ... Lets loook to 19th of May.

(19.04.2010 - 1942-1 = You see how numbers are pointing to beginning of last great sacrifice?)

Think about this: Make rumor from "Scud has been fired!" + then this article:

Five Indians injured by dirty bomb material in Delhi market

www.debka.com...

This combination would raise everybodys hairs, specially at 1942-1 day?

Ok - Conspiracist in me just woke up

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
If we know where they are at. They won't be around for very long.

"Defense forces" or militias don't need strategic ballistic missiles.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I think its not ment to leave the port, if situation turns hot also in Syria - I think it will be soon changed to act as command bunker and situation room. (If its already left Tartus, god knows what is it carrying away now from Syria...)

Carrying away? Or dropping off?

What if that ship was carrying a load of s-300's for Iran? Can they drive to Iran from Syria or do they have to go through Iraq?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I was second in line here on ATS to post news that day, only 2 minutes away from first breaking thread... But I admit my loss and honoured / supported my fellow ATS members thread - witch finally grow to 1200+ postings thread with +500 flags.

I remember start of Gaza war like yesterday, I had spend hours in around net and ATS, and then came breaking news from missiles shot to middle of gathered crowd in Gaza... That started 3 weeks of hell on earth.

Maybe this time I am in army - next weekend - and I dont know what is better, but sure I will take my flaptop and wireless 3G card with me to trying catch the start of it!

All my flags and stars, friendhip to that - who get it first this time!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

For the first time in the 60 years history, Tatneft started crude oil production abroad. Doing this, the Company made a new significant step in expanding the resource base of the Company and enhancing its credibility not only the Republic of Tatarstan, but also in the Russian Federation.

Al Bou Kamal Petroleum Company, a joint venture between Tatneft and the General Petroleum Corporation of Syria, established on a parity basis, started crude oil production from the South Kishma oil field in the Syrian Arab Republic on April 7.

rigzone.com

A little off topic but it might be another reason the Russian ship put in a showing. The Russians have a significant amount of money invested in this.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

S-300s needs large cargo ship, not possible with Navy cruiser. If they have take something away from Syria it have to be something like gold, papers, politicians, diplomats, army generals, codes... In this situation is no time to build army - they will fight with what they already have.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Latest in tense situation... Syria denies!

Syria denies it gave Hezbollah Scud missiles

DAMASCUS, Syria — Syria warned Thursday that Israel was paving the way for new military action in the region with its allegation that Damascus is providing Scud missiles to the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah.

Israeli defense officials have said they believe Hezbollah has Scud missiles capable of hitting all of Israel and earlier this week, Israeli President Shimon Peres accused Damascus of providing the weapons.

Syria strongly denied the charge, saying it "believes that Israel aims through these claims to further strain the atmosphere in the region," according to a statement from the Foreign Ministry. It added that Israel could be setting the stage for a possible "Israeli aggression in order to run away from the requirements of a just and comprehensive peace."

The allegation comes at a sensitive time in U.S.-Syrian relations.

www.google.com...

In war - truth is always the first victim.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Who do they think they're fooling? They just confirmed that same fact not too long ago? This is not the time for such foolishness.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
WHOAH!!! RED ALERT!

Israeli roads gridlocked as police launch nationwide drill

Roads across Israel were gridlocked on Thursday as Israeli security forces launched a nationwide drill at the height of the afternoon rush hour.

The comprehensive exercise included all arms of the security establishment: Israel Police, the Israel Defense Forces, firefighters and Magen David Adom emergency service.

A police statement issued Thursday said to expect major traffic delays and road closures and asked the public to be patient.

www.haaretz.com...

Think about it.

- President didnt went to Washington
- Olmert cancels his trip
- Evacuation from Sinai
- New bunkers ready and operational
- Gas Masks deployed to citizens of Israel
- Gaza and West Bank closed...

... And now this!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I would guess they have some proof right? I don’t think they would make an accusation like that if they didn’t have photos from a spy sat. Or a recon aircraft, but my guess we won’t see them till after the strike. Can’t give away that they know there position and risk them being moved before they can take them out...IMO

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I hear ya, at least there are FEW commecial aircraft flying in, out and around Northern Europe right now

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

If this is true, then i a pretty sure things are too hot now
its going to catch fire.

Oil prices to go up even higher and people about to die for stupid reasons. cease fire before it starts.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thecrow001

I didnt say it - UN chief said it:

Former IAEA Chief: 'Israel Understands Only Violence'

In a published report, The 68-year-old ElBaradei said the “resistance” was the only path open to PA Arabs because “the Israeli occupation only understands the language of violence.” ElBaradei, who recently stepped down as head of the U.N. nuclear watchdog agency, is considering a run for the Egyptian presidency.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

Military coup in Egypt would be something, uh?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The US military has not forgotten the 1983 bombings in Lebanon by Hizbullah, bombings that killed over 240 US Marines at an American barracks and killed 60 people at the US embassy.

I think ATS members apparently have forgotten.

link   

oh right sorry.

well then now i'm just more worried about the fact that children women and fathers, son are going to die.

link   
When will people wake up an smell the Java.

The bankers in collusion with the corporations supply both sides of every war. Its a disgusting disingenuous practices. This power has always been based in the US,UK and they do whatever they want.

People seem to forget Ollie North, the patriot arms dealer so quickly.
He was a hero for this same bovine excrement.

It will never be treason to sell arms to anyone unless you are outright conquered from abroad.

Once again we have nowhere to point the finger. Until just equal laws are made and the criminal actions of these corporations are addressed we shall see no just government.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Thanks OP for bringing this important information. I think that political activities have increased drastically in the mid east, especially with respect to Hezbollah,Syria and Israel. The scud crisis is especially a serious issue that has the potential to take things beyond just "war of words". Unfortunately, if a new conflict breaks out between Hezbollah and IDF, it could turn out into a very nasty affair. I think that this time around, both Israel and Hezbollah would go into an "all-out" mode in a very short period of time. That could cause a huge humanitarian crisis on both sides of the border.

I feel that if Israel decides to initiate hostilities against Hezbollah, the IDF would escalate the crisis in a very short period of time and would try to deal the maximum possible damage in a very short period. During the last conflict, international community stepped in (albeit after some days) and forced a ceasefire. Even the slightest provocation such as kidnapping of a foot soldier or two or firing a couple of rockets (false flag or otherwise) could escalate the crisis to dramatic levels.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Syria just gave their "red alert" warning!

Syria: Israel's Scud accusation may be pretense for attack

Israel might be preparing a military strike against Syria by accusing Damascus of supplying Hezbollah guerrillas in Lebanon with long-range Scud missiles, the Syrian government said on Thursday.

President Shimon Peres on Tuesday accused Syria of sending Hezbollah long-range Scuds. The United States said on Wednesday it was "increasingly concerned" about the transfer of more sophisticated weaponry to the Syrian and Iranian-backed Islamist group that fought a war with Israel in 2006.

"Israel aims from this to raise tension further in the region and to create an atmosphere for probable Israeli aggression," the Syrian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.

www.haaretz.com...

- I think Syrian army is now mobilized after this announcement, like the "drill" just announced has taking place in Israel.

- How fast this escalation will be now? Are we already in minute by minute situation, or stil in week to another - or day by day? Huh!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
on the bright side if this is true

if israel decide to destroy civilian infrontstructure
hebullah could return the faver and start attacking israeli civilian infronstructure.

would be intresting to see how israel reacts to its areas being bombed the crap out of aswell.

would they play the victim card saying they attacked first in pre-emtive strike and the attacks on them in retaliation are terrorist attacks.?

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by order in chaos

Situation is not same now than 2006 anymore. Israel is ready to fight both - Syria and Lebanon same time - also West Bank and Gaza will be fused to aggressions, but will other nations look that from side this time?

I think not. USA will be dragged in to this and Iran will not watch this from side... Dont forget the axis between those three countries.

No one knows what will happen in Turkey, where millions of peoples gathered to demonstrations when Gaza op was on last year. Egypt can also make hostile moves toward Israel by under possible rule of ElBaradei.

Russia has armed Lebanon recently and they are active part of securing Damascus and Beirut.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join