It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Crop Circle Time!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I really don't know why I am so excited, but I am.

In 2009 we had the first crop circle reported on April 14th...we are already a day late!

Here are some from May/June last year.

I loved the spectacle and the speculations, the wonderment, skeptical comments, prophecies, predictions, debates, dirty language, downright disgusting behavior and the absolute awe inspiring designs- who or what ever makes them.

ATS becomes an exciting place when these appear !!

some random great threads from last year, there is heaps more of course...

Jelly fish Crop circle predicts solar storms...

Crop circle new one is a beauty...

...Phoenix rising...

Is any body else excited???

do you have a prediction for a design or are you just happy with what comes?

[edit on 15-4-2010 by 2theC]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Yep, this is one excited gal right here! I've been babbling to my family members that the cc season is almost upon us - unfortunately, none of them are as excited as I ......
I had no idea though, that the season started so early last year!
Can't wait to see what comes this year..........

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Yea it has been a while...You know what would floor me? If "they" did a crop circle of the Norway Spiral... that would shake up the boards for quite a while

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Awesome, time to dig out the Rope and 2x4's.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Its even better than Santa Claus coming to town!!!

yes, spirals would be cool...

but could you imagine if they just didn't appear? that would be quite devastating

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
well that's three of us excited !!

and one unsure !

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

I think they are very interesting and try to go look when local ones crop up..

tho can't see myself get that exited until the the crops get a little bigger.. Looking out the windows the growth has been rather slow this year (in this neck of woods at least) due to the cold..

Anyway it's always facinating to see what designs will appear next

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

hey that's good local knowledge!

The first ones seem to appear in the yellow crops, rape seed( we call it canola) and the like ?

When the crops are at their thickest they just look fantastic eh

I wonder if there is going to be a step up in design, or new theme, or something that just blows us all away...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

I do find them facinating, especially when you look at the obvious man made attempts (that are a complete mess) and then compare them to the interwoven matt (best way I can describe it) of the ones I can not fathom..

Tho all the ones I have seen have been in rape seed crops (didn't know they were also called canola, thanks for that
) and usualy the circles seem to start when the crops are a little bigger than they are right now (here at least)

My interest in this lies in why the concentration of crop cicles (in my neck of the woods) correlate with similar concentrations of hill figures.. The correlation usualy works better when you include some of the lost hill figures..

I've always wondered about that... which came first, crop circles or hill figures, and if there is a deeper meaning to both these communication methods.

However you look at it, crops circles/hill figures are an art form. and art in all it's forms is ultimatly a communication method to convey something..

[edit on 15/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Funny, i started a thread about that correlation, it didn't get much interest, but it is definitely there isn't it. The stone circles, and the white horses on the hill sides too

here it is...

Crop Circles and the Old and not so old White Horses of Wiltshire- a link?

i was always interested in the white horse in history around the world in many various cultures and then realized there were some synergies with the crop circles appearing in the same areas.

So yes , what came first?...

Is it a shared communication ?...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

It is, especially if you include the forgotten figures.. There was a long thesis written about the subject covering the whole of the South of England corelating ley lines, hill figures and crop circles..

I'll try to find it for you... it really is interesting to read..

Stone circles, crop circles, hill figures concentrated in such small areas does raise many interesting issues of something that has been going on for thousands of years.... and is utterly facinating

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
that would be great, i would love to have a read
very Thoughtsfull of you!!!
cheers

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Does anyone know if theres a site that gets updated daily so i can find out when fresh Crop Circles appear ? I need to view them first hand.

If anyones interested in stone circles or tombs i highly recommend going to Orkney and the Shetland Isles, both places are awash with historic and ancient monuments.....you will be amazed

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hic sunt dracones

Now that is something I intend to do
thanks for the tip.. tho what I have always found strange about my neck of the woods is that quite large number of standing stones are used in the foundations of our churches..

One has to wonder as to why they incoporated the standing stones that way..

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Sorry I have to be a downer on this thread but....

...getting excited over crop circles is like getting excited over graffiti... or maybe kids finger-painting, and or sci-fi lies.

It is very entertaining however to watch people get fooled by crop circles and do little ritual dances around them spilling their misinformation across the web and into little fragile minds.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hic sunt dracones

www.cropcircleconnector.com...

...gets updated very regularly when they begin

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Mate, i do get excited about graffiti art
and kids finger painting
art is art, who ever or whatever

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

What will the 1st one be?

I'm still waiting for an elephant crop circle! :p

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 2theC

Don't you find it odd, at all, that we know when crop circle season is?

We can predict when it comes (crop season)... but people NEVER catch "aliens" making them on camera.

We only catch humans doing it, never aliens...
Most crop circles happen in the same fields every year, and STILL, no cameras waiting there to catch them being made...

It stops being art when people make money selling lies that they are not human creations. That is when it becomes an illegal con.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by ALLis0NE]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join