It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican drug cartels threaten U.S. Border Patrol Agents - place a bounty on their lives

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA YOU GUYS THINK THEY ARE MARIJUANA CARTELS.

PARDON ME WHILE I ROFL!

good one fellas

meth folks. meth meth, and meth.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Arizona's new immigration law and the reason why all the border states should start adopting strict immigration laws. Don't wait for the Feds to do anything,,its not in their backyard.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Mexican Drug Cartels Join Forces To Destroy Rival Gang

Arizona starting to see the light?
Arizona passes strict illegal immigration act
The bill directs police to determine the immigration status of noncriminals if there is a 'reasonable suspicion' they are undocumented. Immigrant rights groups say it amounts to a police state.

www.latimes.com...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by sadwolf]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
whats america coming to, we're being bullied by drug cartels lol. where are all those "highly trained" unit i've heard about. send them in and do something about it. oh wait, we've already tried that and they got pwned and had to run towards the ocean and swim away.

[edit on 13-4-2010 by DOADOA]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This morning I got to finally read the
Arizona Cattle Growers Association’s 18-point plan to restore border security includes:

• Judicial and law enforcement systems shall recognize and apply an enforcement mechanism to prosecute those entering the U.S illegally as felons and bar them from ever working or receiving residency visa status in the U.S.

• Immediately deploy the military to the Arizona/Mexico border.

• Establish permanent forward operating bases adjacent to the border with one every twelve miles.

• Overhaul and add teeth to the pursuit and apprehension policies for law enforcement to assure deterrence and protect U.S. residents and state authorities from potential harm.

• Authorize the use of force in the interdiction of vehicles and aircraft illegally crossing the border.

• Enforce existing laws without exception. Streamline and expedite deportation of illegal aliens.

• Add 3,000 Border Patrol agents to the force along Arizona’s border by 2011.

• Increase funding for the Stonegarden Program and make it permanent.

• Expedite deployment of modern digital radio technology to the Arizona/New Mexico border.

• Substantially increase Border Patrol mobile surveillance units and operators.

• Deploy air support on or near the border with Mexico.

• Establish mandatory cellular coverage for remote non-service areas.

• Fund and increase more mounted patrols on the border.

• Establish a single border patrol sector comprised of Willcox to Douglas in Arizona and Lordsburg, New Mexico into its own sector.

• Streamline federal claims processes for recovering damages caused by illegal aliens burglaries, vandalism and ranch infrastructure and livestock losses, including fires.

• Adequately fund state and federal attorney’s offices to assure timely prosecution of border-related offenders. Stiffen prosecutorial immigration and narcotics policies.

• Measure success of the programs through a monthly disclosure of all crimes suspected and committed by illegal alien activities. Establish operational transparency for Arizona residents of the illegal activities in their respective sectors to include county law enforcement statistics and incidents

They echo everything we've talked about here...
keeping my fingers crossed their plan gets adopted but I have this feeling Washington has already turned their backs on we lowly border states...maybe they want the real bloodshed down here to have a real excuse to turn out the Army???

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
HAHAHAHA YOU GUYS THINK THEY ARE MARIJUANA CARTELS.

PARDON ME WHILE I ROFL!

good one fellas

Not just Meth these days...
As I said earlier... Human Trafficking is getting bigger and bolder every day down here. it is silly to think the quick fix is to legalize pot

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by sadwolf
reply to post by DaddyBare

Arizona's new immigration law and the reason why all the border states should start adopting strict immigration laws. Don't wait for the Feds to do anything,,its not in their backyard.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Mexican Drug Cartels Join Forces To Destroy Rival Gang

Arizona starting to see the light?
Arizona passes strict illegal immigration act
The bill directs police to determine the immigration status of noncriminals if there is a 'reasonable suspicion' they are undocumented. Immigrant rights groups say it amounts to a police state.

www.latimes.com...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by sadwolf]

Here in New Mexico we didn't wait, in fact our Governor has already turned out the national guard to patrol our border...of course that just puts more pressure on AZ, Calif. and Texas... Not that we delude ourselves into thinking were safe... Maybe we have a hundred folks patrolling 200 miles of open border... still pretty easy to slip in ya know

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
legalize hardcore drugs and let big pharma produce them and you need a doctors script to get it

yay money for doctors and government and drug companies

legalize guns and let all citizens bear arms< OUR FOUNDING FATHERS SAID IT THEMSELVES.

YAY reduction in people smuggling, robbing, theft, everyone can protect themselves

it's quite obvious the police aren't going to risk their lives because crime is rampant. Give everyone a gun and people will fear each other and have utter respect

No more rapes and etc blah blah blah.

A safe world. let people be in charge of their own life

unfortunately we have a delusional government who wants to protect people despite people saying "LEAVE US ALONE YOU FOOLS"

let the government dig their own graves people...let them do it - we can't stop them so let them see their own progress

"They've brought it upon themselves"

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Hmmmm, that sounds a bit like war being declared against the US. When crazy Muslims in caves declared war, we mobilized our entire military, shipped them over seas and have spent trillions addressing the "problem." It is extremely suspicious that when war is declared by a VERY REAL enemy, right on our border, all the policians can talk about is amnesty!!! WTF!?
If the government can't get the job done, we need to form our own army, a militia, head to the border, secure it and fight our enemies head on! When were done with them, we need to turn those same guns on the a**holes in Washington that continue to fiddle while Rome burns!

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan

You can make meth in your basement...What are you talking about....There are many alternate ways to make meth. So alternate that the ingredients are sitting in your local pharmacy and you have no clue. You believe this is about meth? SIGH

Originally posted by kozmo
Hmmmm, that sounds a bit like war being declared against the US. When crazy Muslims in caves declared war, we mobilized our entire military, shipped them over seas and have spent trillions addressing the "problem." It is extremely suspicious that when war is declared by a VERY REAL enemy, right on our border, all the policians can talk about is amnesty!!! WTF!?
If the government can't get the job done, we need to form our own army, a militia, head to the border, secure it and fight our enemies head on! When were done with them, we need to turn those same guns on the a**holes in Washington that continue to fiddle while Rome burns!

My dear friend

Do you know how "DANGEROUS" the mexican drug cartel is....

They are 100x more dangerous than cavemen who supposedly hijacked "Remote controlled planes" With plastic knives

You really have no idea what's going on in the world do you? The drug cartel will pump clips into border agents "NO PROBLEM AT ALL" that's how ruthless they are

The agents are fearing for their lives starting 1....2...3 NOW

Why doesn't the Drug enforcement Agency take care of this problem? oh that's right they are scared. So much for the safety and protection of american people and the waste of our tax dollars

What a shame....

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Kingdom of darkness]

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Kingdom of darkness]

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Hmmm, that sounds a bit like war being declared against the US. When crazy Muslims in caves declared war, we mobilized our entire military, shipped them over seas and have spent trillions addressing the "problem." It is extremely suspicious that when war is declared by a VERY REAL enemy, right on our border, all the politicians can talk about is amnesty!!! WTF!?

Were going to need a Government subsidy to do that... If forced to it, I will stand my ground with my old Winchester 30-30 but I'll be facing ex military armed with grenade launchers and full auto weapons...
I do know where I can get my hands on a 50 cal BARRETT 82A1 but I don't have the $8,000+ they want for one nor the nearly $5 per shot cost of ammo... Hell I'm more than happy to arm myself to protect my family... but these are not the thugs you see in the movies who hold their guns sideways... their are a real functioning paramilitary well trained and armed... to make it a fair fight they would have to give us citizen solders access to the National Guard armory

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by belial259

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Whats the worst is this business of telling those poor citizens to buy their own weapons and defend themselves. What's the point of having the largest military in the world if you can't even be safe in your own home inside your own country?

Large armies are never for defence.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It looks like are problems down here are finally starting to get noticed
"The Crime Report" a web site that has become a standard resource for all parts of the Criminal Justice system posted this this news brief

AZ Ranchers Seek Intensified Action Against Border Violence
Wednesday, April 14th, 2010 4:33 am
Ranchers fed up with border violence in southern Arizona are demanding action to close the border and restore order in what they called a lawless area ruled by criminals, reports the Arizona Republic. A ranching group delivered a plan for confronting drug and human smuggling, extortion and kidnapping and eliminating the murders that go with them. Their demands come after the slaying of Robert Krentz, 58, on his ranch near Douglas last month.

“Southern Arizona is a war zone controlled by outside criminal forces,” said Patrick Bray of the Arizona Cattlemen’s Association. The organization’s 18-point plan for attacking crime along the border asks local, state and federal agencies for assistance. Ideas include prosecuting as a felon anyone coming into the U.S. illegally, banning them from ever working or living in the country, authorizing the use of force to intercept vehicles and aircraft entering the country illegally, putting active military and National Guard units along the border, and adding more than 3,000 Border Patrol agents in Arizona by 2011.

they don't comment if their for or against the plan but at least people are starting to talk about it

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is a great thread man, and you better believe I am one of the people that flagged and starred it. It infuriates me to think that cartels are putting a bounty on the heads of our border patrol for merely doing the job they are supposed to do.

I am about ready to sell everything I own, buy a Barret 50 cal and a few other things, and take off to the border. I am dead sick of this crap, and I don't even live there. But I'll be damned if I am going to sit back as an American and watch American citizens be killed while our federal government bows to political pressure over this.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
This is a great thread man, and you better believe I am one of the people that flagged and starred it. It infuriates me to think that cartels are putting a bounty on the heads of our border patrol for merely doing the job they are supposed to do.

I am about ready to sell everything I own, buy a Barret 50 cal and a few other things, and take off to the border. I am dead sick of this crap, and I don't even live there. But I'll be damned if I am going to sit back as an American and watch American citizens be killed while our federal government bows to political pressure over this.

You don't need to come here... they will come to you..So buy your gun anyway.Map of Mexican Cartel established in US cities
Well what do know, turns out there is no state in the Union that doesn't have known cartel members already there... Imagine what the reaction would be if they all got marching orders and starting their killings right in the heartland of America??? Officials cant claim they didn't know..

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingdom of darkness

but you cannot produce enough to supply an entire country.

when uncle fester cooks in his basement, hes able to cook up maybe enough to supply himself and the other 12 addicts on his street. think how heavy the regulations are on psuedo-ephedrine alone...you have to have ID/sign waver, and then after that your limit is 2 boxes. that wont even make enough for one person, and goodluck getting the rest of the ingredients which are all just as heavily watched and less readily available to joe shmoe.

in mexico they are MASS PRODUCING, meaning enough to supply an entire portion of a country.

also the precursors and main ingredients are virtually unregulated in mexico, this gives them tthe ability to create as much as they can afford to make, in bigass warehouses. and the mexican government doing nothing to stop it is another + for them.

i promise you that is not occurring here, and that is the reason for the supply and the demand and everything in between.

if you only knew what the hell you were talking about...

the entire reason for banning psuedo/ephedrine was to outsource meth production to mexico. they buy unlimited ephedrine from the Chinese (yes i said ephedrine...not psuedo).

theres a huge difference between the back of a trailor and a "superlab".

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
i hate to always downplay such a serious topic. because ive been following all your threads on the cartels, and im with you all the way.

but that AP flash site is a bit misleading. all those little dots in all of those states just represent distributors of whatever drug.

id say in just about every case excluding border states, the dot just represents a market where the MX sourced product ends up. more often than not, the "distributor(s)" representing each dot are normal american citizens not affiliated with the cartel in any way other than sourcing their product. black, white, asian, latino, most of them have no idea where it even comes from or how it got to them, they just want to sell it and make their money.

the AP site makes it seem like the "cartels" have military ground units stationed at designated cartel fortress's somewhere near those dots, and its some big huge organized thing when its not. once it cross's the border its already been paid for and out of the "cartels" hands.

i mean you could still see it as they are helping the cartels, or even "working for them". but then i guess that makes the Disco-fever cokeheads of the 70's columbian cartel employees too. or any person who buys the product no matter how far down the chain, an accomplice.

once it crosses the border it goes to Sureno gang members, this is the transition where it goes from organized to very unorganized, they acting more of a buffer between the supplier and the consumer, but thats more or less contained at the border. although Surenos are found in all of the states, most of them(not ont he border) are US-born wannabes who just decided to give themself the name one day, and are in some manner affiliated but hardly the threat we are seeing at the border. The term "sureno" means southerner, and its supposed to designate which side of the border the person is from, but it has slowly transformed into a term that more or less designates where your loyalties lie. for instance there are "Nortenos" or "Northerners" as well but far far less of them. they wear the red and usually speak english as their first language and have most of their relatives here in the US.

Surenos are the biggest of the mexican gangs, (the blue ones) but from what i understand and everything ive been told, they fight more amongst themselves than any other foe. absolutely no unity. You might have a group of surenos in LA and one in Chicago, that are sworn enemies. most of the trafficking is done through families established on both sides of the border, the ones on our side being the border-surenos...who have cousins and brother in law etc.... who belong to the cartels.

i think what we have had for years is simply a cooperation between the two(border). what we have occuring now is the cartels phsyically coming across the border, or at least toying with the idea of cutting out the middle man.

everyone outside the border is simply a pawn.

doesnt make it any less serious though.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
To me its obvious the US government, most likely our intelligence services, are complicit in all this in some way and that's why the border hasn't been sealed shut.

They are not stupid, they all know whats going on down there. Its always spoken about as if no one really knows what's happening to you guys on the border but WE ALL KNOW. Everyone knows about it. And the worst part about all this is the solution to this problem is nothing but child's play for our government/military. It would be so easy for them.

That is why I am certain that our government is benefiting from this in one way or another. That's why everything they do about it is half assed, just enough to get it out of the spotlight and take the heat off their butts for a little while. I'm sure there is plenty of law enforcement people and politicians that want to do something about it but they are being blocked by those up above.

The inaction and ineptitude that goes on concerning border security is so mind blowingly ridiculous that this is the only explanation that makes any sense to me.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Originally posted by yellowcard
I have an idea, let's put predator drones on patrol across the border and shoot any caravan that crosses illegally. I'm not sure legalizing Marijuana would help matters at this point (there are still other drugs)...but it should be legalized. In any case, I'm all for predators patrolling the border, these drug cartels are disgusting, has anyone read the story of them stitching a man's face to a soccerball?

[edit on 13-4-2010 by yellowcard]

but there already here... just a couple weeks back I posted another news story that went mostly unnoticed
American Students Becoming Part of Mexican Drug Cartels: AP Video
www.abovetopsecret.com...
poor kids may be killed outright if they refuse to join

They still have to go back and forth, once you get rid of the instigators the people who weren't really apart of it will fall out. I think shooting a missile through a caravan's windshield would send a message...psychological of nothing else. I mean, this isn't like in Iraq and Afghanistan...we aren't trying to force our politics on them, they are just basically invading our country (there are still good immigrants) with their crimes...to me saying they are going to kill U.S. citizens on our own land is basically a declaration of war. They want to get in a fire fight, then let's get in a fire fight.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What surprises me about this is the bounty. I would think the drug cartels would be better off offering a 250,000 bribe to the Border Patrol agents with a much better impact.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This is how to fix the mexican drug problem and it will also fix the illegal immagration problem at the same time.

We should kill them and stick their heads on stakes. Then you run razor wire between the stakes. I am sure there are alot of Drug dealers so we will need alot of stakes to get the job done. Any Mexican seeing this would think twice.

This is how they act why should we not give them the same treatment?

[edit on 14-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

<< 1    3 >>

join