It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis Warned To Leave Egypt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Israelis Warned To Leave Egypt

news.sky.com

Israel has issued an "urgent" warning to its citizens to leave Egypt's Sinai Peninsula immediately.

It comes after "concrete evidence" of an expected terror attempt to kidnap Israelis in the region.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The warning was issued by the Israeli prime minister's office. It took the unusual step of calling on families of Israelis touring the Sinai to contact them. Israel's anti-terror office has a standard travel advisory telling Israelis to stay out of the Sinai desert because of the threat of terror attacks.

I don't really have any comments...it's to early to tell anything...wonder what's going on

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Pockets]

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Wow. This and Iran telling 5 million people to evacuate?

I'm getting worried now. This doesn't look at all.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Breaking on Sky News here now on the UK :

Link from Sky News

Must admit, that is now 2 countries asking people to leave areas.

I am beginging to fear for people here.

[edit on 13/4/2010 by shauny]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

However, thousands of Israelis routinely ignore the warning and vacation in the desert and along its Red Sea coast. Egyptian security officials said about 35,000 Israelis are in the Sinai now, and they expected thousands more to arrive later this month.

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Most interesting news!

Thanks.

Air is really full of warnings. This news really came up suddenly and appears to be everywhere (Israeli media) at very same moment!

"We call on all Israelis now in Sinai to leave at once and return to Israel," said the warning. "Families of Israelis now in Sinai are requested to make contact and update them of this travel warning."

www.haaretz.com...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

lol

We poasted our threads at exactly the same time... well i was actually at 12:29 yours was at 12:30 so yeh.... something isnt right... surely mine should have been responded to before yours going by that

Seriously though i think something is about to go down....

EDIT TO ADD: ACTUALLY I'M WRONG... YOURS WAS POSTED FIRST!

[edit on 13-4-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Related?

Barak warns of Lebanon escalation

“On the one hand, Syria is talking about peace, and on the other it is giving Scuds to Hizbullah in order to threaten Israel," he said. "Syria’s smuggling weapons to Hizbullah and strengthening terror organizations contradict its declaration that it is seeking peace. Syria can not play both games. The true face of Syria has been revealed."

www.jpost.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'm glad someone posted this. I had noticed the news breaking, but could not start my own thread (I'm to new to ATS). I agree with the OP, I don't have a comment yet...just waiting to see what happens.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolftotem

Wellcome to ATS.

I hope your situation now will make you eager to inform us in future
We really are heading to most interesting moments - and ATS is most educative window to look behind the curtains, and also follow latest developement when history is written in seconds again.

Our eyes are everywhere.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
While i agree that this time it sounds more urgent and is more "loud" - it is not new.

The bureau, a branch in the Prime Minister's Office, advised Israelis currently in Egypt, and in particular in Sinai, to leave immediately.

www.haaretz.com...

Israel tells nationals: Leave Sinai immediately

www.haaretz.com...
I can find few more examples. Again, it sounds more serious and it is weird that it is after Passover holidays, and not before as usual - but it is not something unprecedented.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It seems likely that the war will occur this spring between Israel and Iran.

Luckily it will be not nuclear, but will increase greatly tensions between many countries, and worse of all, create a complicated mess in the economy with huge social protests. A much needed change by the way.

Ups, just got a "deja vu" writting this.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This is one of those times,like we have seen before,when tensions are so high any seemingly small incident could rapidly escalate.
Twitchy trigger fingers are on hair triggers all over the middle east it feels like lately.

Something is going to go down soon I think(but do not want).

Are there any ATS members on the ground in Sinai by any chance?
It would be good to hear from them what the feeling is over there right now.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by Wolftotem

Wellcome to ATS.

I hope your situation now will make you eager to inform us in future
We really are heading to most interesting moments - and ATS is most educative window to look behind the curtains, and also follow latest developement when history is written in seconds again.

Our eyes are everywhere.

Thanks! I find ATS to be a great source of information and I look forward to contributing.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I think it is highly likely that any planned kidnapping of Israeli citizens could be a Hizbullah attempt to gather some bartering chips should Israel attack in response to there aquisition of SCUDs.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by illumiNOTi

thats a very good possibility. i had heard that hamas was trying to kidnap israeli soldiers to use them as barter for palestinian prisoners so its possible..

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Geeeeez... This sends shivers up and down my spine. Whats going on here? I think the chances of something happening is high.

French President is calling to crippling sanctions NOW or Israel will strike Iran
www.ynetnews.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I see a new war starting before the end of summer. It is a scary time to live in this world and I can only hope that cooler heads will prevail. I am new to ATS but am thouroughly enjoying the thoughtful input of the members!

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
but it is not something unprecedented.

on it's own maybe not, but adding together the other crap we get ultimate crap and god help all life in the middle east. And I'm not even religious.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I really wonder what the hell is going on....?

Are we watching history?

Ya never really know!

More so: This isn't CNN headlines yet and I wonder how they know to evacuate... I smell something cooking. (wonders about false flag)

Time will tell...

[edit on 13-4-2010 by Crossfate]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join