It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We don't need a messiah (and anyway, it isn't me)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

We don't need a messiah (and anyway, it isn't me)

www.guardian.co.uk

I mention this first because earlier this year a trickle, and then a flood, of email asked whether I was, in fact a prince. Specifically, people asked whether I was Maitreya – The World Teacher – a prince of peace, the leader of a movement that might be able to save the planet from itself. Others wrote to ask whether I was the antichrist, the Prince of Darkness.

As the Guardian reported, the deluge began after a number of coincidences seemed to match me up with the man foretold by followers of
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The article is written by Raj Patel.

Boy, they really have to hammer this stuff into people, don't they? UK Guardian: He's NOT the Maitreya, wink, wink. New York Times: Raj Patel, not the Maitreya, wink wink.

Hey MSM, I'm not the Maitreya. Can I get a few articles published? When did the mainstream media get so ... conspiratorially bent? Did they run out of real news stories about government corruption or Britney Spears?

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

Personally i think the Messiah is David Icke... he seems like he has a lot of followers these days and is prepared to speak his mind...

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Are you serious?? Hes a nutjob. He himself thinks he is the messiah. He has some cool theory's though.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The article is good, and very pertinent.

Religions, all of them (well those biggies that pit people against each other most of the time) are nothing more than control mechanisms.
Follow us and when the Messiah comes and raptures us all, you'll get a ticket to the big house. He's coming, any day, year, century, millenium now...yessiree bubba, any time now, just keep following us and giving at the collection plate!

Seriously, they have been predicting the appearance of Messiahs for centuries, and guess what..... none have come, nil, zip, nada!

Waiting for someone else to lead them is pure sheep mentality and apathy in the extreme. Everyone should take responsibility for their own actions and work to help others in their community - you never know when you might need help yourself. Instead, we are taught that we must rely on government for everything and if not them, then some almighty deity that we cannot see, hear, smell or touch and who cannot be proven to exist at all. The followers starve yet still give whatever they can, while the Church leadership live in luxury - I'm sure their benevolent god would be proud!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

though not overly religious, when I do attend a local church, they make it quite clear that each of us has our own "endtime" or "armageddon", ie, when we pop our clogs, and do not dress it up in theatrical physical return of the messiah.

I get your point that religion can be about control, but then, just about any organisation can be about that, after all, this is the land of man who desires power

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This Raj Patel story is so Monty Python-esque it beggars belief that its actually true. How desperate do you have to be to be unashamed of your stupidity?

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcrash

Did they run out of real news stories about government corruption or Britney Spears?

Well, if you will read the Groiniad!

To be fair, i think what Mr Patel had to say made quite a lot of sense. Stop waiting for a saviour and get out there and do it yourself!

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is my first adventure into this topic, I've been seeing the discussion for months, just hadn't taken the bait yet! The man makes perfect sense, we don't need no messiah (corollary: we don't need no antichrist either).
We're individually and collectively just One thought away from....
(ok you get to choose how to complete this sentence, what's your vision or hope for the future).

gj

[edit on 12-4-2010 by ganjoa]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Personaly I do not beleive in Maitreya or a coming Messiah, however, there is a question that should be asked:

If an enlightened being was (re)born and his destiny was to become a Messiah, would he even know it until he was put into the position of being able to create the change he was destined to? Or before some people professed their devotion to him?

[edit on 12-4-2010 by fedeykin]

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Are you serious?? Hes a nutjob. He himself thinks he is the messiah. He has some cool theory's though.

Half & Half

And yes he does have great ideas about this World... i myself have thought a lot of what he's thought about before reading any books or listening to any Professors or Self Claimed Messiah's

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by jcrash

Personally i think the Messiah is David Icke... he seems like he has a lot of followers these days and is prepared to speak his mind...

so do cults.

its easy to coerce people into following you. simply psychology. Doesnt mean its healthy or good, most often its bad and exploitative. Cults take everything from you and give nothing.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
One week ago, I tried to open a new thread about Raj Patel and the moderators of this forum refused it on the pretext that there were already enought threads about this subject. I see now that things have changed...

Apparently the mass Corporate media are using all their means to brainwash us, THEY WANT THE POPULACE TO BELIEVE THAT RAJ PATEL IS NOT MAITREYA, they do not care about the few people who knows what's going on, they know they will never convince them, so they've just chosen to compromise them and make them pass for loonies.

All they want is to speak about Raj Patel and to justify the Buzz, but we all know all their actions are orchestrated, the press is not free, it's a propaganda tool.

No matter, they will never be able to hide the Truth, they are defending a lie so don't be surprised by all the discrepancies in their reporting.

RAJ PATEL IS MAITREYA AND THE FUTURE WILL PROOVE IT.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
We don't need a Saviour?

Are you blind deaf and insensitive?

The world needs someone to save it and its inhabitants and that is not going to be human beings.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

great read.

he's got a great point. one that I have been saying for years...

The "Messiah" will be MANY.

we are to save ourselves.

-

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by fedeykin

If an enlightened being was (re)born and his destiny was to become a Messiah,
would he even know it until he was put into the position of being able to create the change he was destined to?

i think the scripture story of Jesus recounts that at 12 years when Jesus
(& family went to Temple in Jerusalem) the young man was knowledgeable of scripture & religious theology...and amazed the learned Rabbi withinin earshot.
So, this shows that at the onset of the age-of-reason, Jesus was heavily 'into' the morality & conscience issues and humanities role with G-d... probably a precurser stage-> of him personally getting convinced that he was a 'messiah' ---

that (the conviction phase) was his Epiphany/ sudden enlightenment/ Satori moment.... came when Jesus was in the desert confronting the devil...that is when the ego called Jesus changed his calling into 'messiah'.

In a sense he 'took up his cross' at that moment.
so it was a decided life path, not a predestined one...and i suggest that method is what goes on with everyone !

[add/edit: Epiphany] (to Satori and sudden enlightenment in the text)

[edit on 13-4-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This video definitely exposes the plan of the Coporate Media and their connection with Share International. RAJ PATEL IS MAITREYA, Here's an undeniable proof:

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
This video exposes that the New York Times, The Guardian,..., The Corporate Media, the Coroporate and Political Elites, Lucifer/Maitreya/Raj Patel's Share International, are all connected and are carrying out Satan's plan.

Many other people are spreading wrong informations about this case in order to create the confusion, the more there woul be fake versions the more the people would be confused, that's another advanced technic of censorhsip.

How can you recognize a propaganda job?

* Mainly their productions smell MONEY, it's obvious they enjoy a great support.

* They only connect some dots and purposely ignore many other key ones, it's easier to attack the Truth part by part, otherwise their deceipt would be too obvious.

* They don't speak about The God of The Universe at all, they are doing their Scherlock Holmes whereas this matter is all about God. How can these people be correct if they ignore God and his SOON PUNISHMENT WHICH WILL FALL ON THE US????

Anyway, I've provided you some clues and the future will proove you that I am neither insane nor lost, I hope it would not be too late for you. My role is to transmit a Message from God and up to you to believe in it or not.

posted on Apr, 18 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Yes, I totally agree with you here. A quote from the Guardian article:

This, at least, is the world I'm keen to live in: one without princes but with billions of world teachers, in which we live under neither God nor Master. It's a recipe for change that makes for poor storytelling but great politics.

The only problem is how to condense it so that someone can chisel it in stone.

I too desire such a world without Kings and Masters and Gods of any kind. Oh, I know humans need leadership, but only on a civil level. People worry so much about what God think they do all kinds of stupid things, and to each other. I myself rose above the book religions a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
NOW, The GREAT signs of THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE have been sent:

FIREBALL over the NIGHT of 14-15 April 2010:

The MIST:

Sourate 44 (The Mist):

44:9 Yet they play about in doubt.

44:10 Then watch thou for the Day that the sky will bring forth a kind of smoke (or MIST) PLAINLY VISIBLE.

44:15 We shall indeed remove the Penalty for a while, (but) truly ye will revert (to your ways).

44:16 One day We shall seize you with a mighty onslaught We will indeed (then) exact Retribution!

THIS IS THE LAST SIGN FOR YOU.

Sourate 86:

By the Sky and the NIGHT FIREBALL(therein)― (1) And what will explain to thee what the NIGHT-FIREBALL is?― (2) (It is) the Star of piercing brightness― (3) There is no soul but has a protector over it. (4) Now let man but think from what he is created! (5) He is created from a drop emitted― (6) Proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs: (7) Surely (Allah) is able to bring him back (to life)! (8) The Day that (all) things secret will be tested. (9) (Man) will have no power, and no helper. (10) By the Firmament which returns (in its round), (11) And by the Earth which opens out (for the gushing of springs or the sprouting of vegetation)― (12) Behold this is the Word that distinguishes (Good from Evil): (13) It is not a thing for amusement. (14) As for them, they are but plotting a scheme, (15) And I am planning a scheme. (16) Therefore grant a delay to the unbelievers: give respite to them gently (for a while). (17)

THE MESSAGE IS CLEAR:

SUBMIT TO THE GOD OF THE UNIVERSE AND OBEY HIS KORAN, YOU'LL BE FORGIVEN WHATEVER YOU'VE COMMITED, OTHERWISE YOU'LL SOON PERISH UNDER A VERY HARSH SUFFERING, AND YOU'LL BE FATED TO HELL FOREVER.

YOU ARE WARNED!!! THIS THE LAST WARNING FOR YOU! I URGE YOU TO SURRENDER TO OUR GOD BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE! THIS IS A FAIR WARNING FROM YOUR GOD

(Visit my youtube (TheTruthIsFromGod) page if you want more info)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join