It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church to protest at W. VA Mine disaster

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

You'd think so, wouldn't you? But it would run up against the Freedom of religion clause of the Constitution.

There's a gray area, if ever there was one, so far as legality is concerned... What's abuse, and what's free exercize of religion, and free speech?

Not condoning. But that's a can of worms that we're all reluctant to open...but maybe it needs opening.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The protesters were at Va Tech the other day to protest that mass murder with the same message. The Tech students made fun of the protesters all day long.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Has anyone seen the "Corduroy Skirts are an Abomination" photo?
I'd post it, but that's beyond my current skill level.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This is my favorite WBC protest yet:

Cthulu Hates Chordates

For those not familiar with Lovecraft, he made up a religion called the Cult of Cthulu. There were these creatures you might call demons from another dimension that planned to return and destroy our world. It's been a while, but it is a clever joke on the WBC to use a made up religion to make fun of them.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This is a link to the Corduroy skirts are a sin photo.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Thaks for that. Much needed after seeing Mudrumalum's heartbreaking post. That poor child.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

Sorry buddy. lol. That picture is pretty funny. I wish I would have thought of something like that.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mudrumalum

I wouldn't have been able to think of anything nice, much less funny, if I had been looking at that little girl. To do that to a child to make a dollar.

My mother( in her late 50's at the time) once made my dad stop the car because she saw a woman beating a toddler pretty hard with a belt. Daddy still laughs today about Mom taking the belt and "jerkin' kinks in that woman's ass" as he puts it. Mom taught kindergarten for years. She sees no difference between correcting a 4 yr old child and a 30 yr old one.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

All of his followers are his children and grandchildren. The family is inbred. Im waiting for the day someone just storms into their "church" during one of their services and kills them all. Its bound to happen eventually when they tick off the right person. Sparing the children hopefully as they are brainwashed to a nub. But take out the leader and im sure the whole clan will fall apart.

[edit on 15-4-2010 by ItsAgentScully]

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsAgentScully

Couldn't mourn him, but an inbred child has done nothing wrong. Hopefully, if someone does snap they will be spare those children.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23refugee

Couldn't mourn him, but an inbred child has done nothing wrong. Hopefully, if someone does snap they will be spare those children.

True, those poor kids are probably so brainwashed it could take years for them to recover.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

According to the info Seagull posted, a few of his children overcame it. There's hope yet.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

I read that. Gives me hope that we may see the end of this soon.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

I can't believe they've been this lucky. I'd have thought a least one would have met a nasty end. Says a lot about the protection provided them by the government they despise.

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
found a video of that this church found when they were at virginia tech...
thought some might enjoy watching it. it isn't long, but it's nice to see a community rise to make a statement to this church!!!

www2.wsls.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Apparently some 5000 Va Tech students pledged on Facebook to join the counter protest.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join