It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church to protest at W. VA Mine disaster

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

I found a list of Fred Phelps family members a little while ago. Apparently a few of his children are estranged from the family. I can't say that I blame them. If you're interested, you can do a google search on his name or Margie Phelps' name and there's a page that comes up. It lists all the family and says next to the name whether or not they are estranged.

edit to add the link, in case you wanted to see:

www.nndb.com...

[edit on 9-4-2010 by sugarmonkey]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DEEZNUTZ

No no, for this one I believe we should play their own trick on them. Wait till one dies and organize our own "fake" church to protest their funeral.

I wonder what would happen....another church protesting another church. That would be really funny to see, to be honest. haha

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
These friggin people are totally disgusting... given what they did recently at the boys funeral...i think I would be the one in jail for knocking the crap out of them...

now they cross into mining country... hate to say it, but they are in the wrong area to begin getting ignorant... mountian people do not tolerate this line of crap... maybe after a few are nailed ... they will re think their ignorance...

hate to say it... but I actually find myself hoping some one in their group gets hurt.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

An "accident" in a case like this would be so "righteous" to see. These people are the worst of the Human Species. God is hanging His head in disgust. If the people in W.V. don't make them see the errors of their ways, I'm sure they will one day pay dearly from God's wrath.

When you think you have heard it all, you hear about something like this. Unbelievable. (Sits and shakes his head)

Edit to Add: JIMC5499, My condolences to your wife's family. The nations hearts and prayers are with you all.

[edit on 9-4-2010 by kennylee]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Counter protest in W. Va. against Westboro Baptist Church

Phelps Church was sent packing when they ran into a bunch of folks protesting against them:

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I truly hope these idiots show up in West Virginia. I don't think the protest
will last very long. They don't have a clue as to who they are dealing with.
Those good old boys from the mining country will put a whoopin'
on them in a serious way. I just hope the Police and Sheriff have decided
to all go fishing on that day. These people need to be shown the light of
day. That's more than those miners are seeing right now.

I wish for these scumbags to be tarred and feathered, dipped in boiling
dog sh!t and then run out of the USA. They should be forced to move to
a 100 X 100 foot island in the middle of the ocean. Then they can protest
all they want and they won't have to worry about "fags","dead soldiers"
or miners that have somehow gotten the wrath of God placed on them.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
To me what's more amazing than how disgusting their message is, is how nothing has "happened" to them in all the years they've been doing this. Some serious restraint on the part of the distraught families they picket, I don't think I could be so restrained.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

*sniff* - that is just beautiful. It really, honestly and truly is.

God bless the good people of Charleston W. Va - and in particular bless that big hillbilly under the tree at around 1:22 in the vid. I gotta to admire a man that speaks his mind straight and to the point - and what he says is dead on right.

mishigas - you've made me a happy Frog by posting that.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Westboro consists mainly of realtives of Phelps. They are mostly lawyers who have been either debarred or have been censured for ethical breaches.

They thrive on controversy and scamming the government by calling themselves a church.

I suggest that you go to their website and compose a very politely written letter questioning their methods. Don't be critical, but simply ask by what authority they presume to cause pain and harm to those who are at their most vulnerable.

They will respond and you will be shocked by the response, even though you may already be expecting the worst.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Sadly these people know all the tricks to play the system for their benefit. They go and stir up trouble and hope that someone steps out of line to "deny them their freedom of speech". Its a scam, a pitiful, horrible, and discusting scam. I'd like to say that the best way to deal with them would be to simply ignore them, thats what the rational part of my brain screams. Simply because anything else is giving them what they want.

However, the other part of my brain asks me "what if it was my mom, or brother, or son?" And my only reaction to that is that i'd probably kill'em all and let god sort them out. Unfortunatly one of these days that very thing is going to happen. They're going to protest the wrong funeral, and be in the wrong place at the wrong time when some distraught, grieving family member snaps and takes as many of them out as he can. I only hope when that moment happens that the person doing the killing isn't judged too harshly because frankly theres only so much a person can take before you get a reaction like that.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

mishigas - you've made me a happy Frog by posting that.

My pleasure, Frogs. I jumped on the 'puter this morning and saw nothing but bad news...dead coal miners and presidents...so reading your reply brought a smile to my face.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Much obliged for that video! I'm a little homesick now.

I'd actually like to see some WBC nut beaten to death with a Bible, for the irony alone.

How can they be allowed to do that to their children? Surely their freedom of speech doesn't allow them to use children as shields. I can guarantee, as a Hillbilly, that there would have been some serious ass whoopin', had their children not been there.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
You know you're scum when:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Maybe these people are too sad to lash out in anger. If one of your loved one's died, you probably would not feel like giving somebody a beating.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Just got back from West Virginia. I didn't see any sign of these clowns. The service went peacefully. There wasn't even any media around. Plenty of cops though.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
It seems to me that the so-called Westboro Baptist Church does not believe Jesus Luke 13:1-5

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
These religious freaks seem to WANT to be hated by as many people as they can manage. Subconscious delusional martyrdom syndrome?

The Massey-owned mine was cited for 458 safety violations last year,

www.democracynow.org...

It ain't god that killed those miners, it was

negligent manslaughter

by Don Blankenship, Massey Energy CEO.

[edit on 11-4-2010 by slank]

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Well please answer this, at what point does their "right" infringe upon the "rights" of others? I would think exploiting the dead for publicity is an infringement. Slander, however, I do believe is criminal.

What a sick freak show this bunch is!

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Graybeard

Now that was funny!

by CharlesMartel
It seems to me that the so-called Westboro Baptist Church does not believe Jesus Luke 13:1-5

I think they are pretty much Old Testament, fire and brimstone types, aren't they?

CX

posted on Apr, 11 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

I am not a believer, however i do find that amusing.

I'd love to see a counter protest with every banner showing that passage.

Then again, it would be a waste of good card. I'm just amazed that with the amount of guns in the US, these people are still walking around.

I just feel sorry for the kids that are mixed up in all that, they must be petrified when the public start rightly ranting at the group.

CX.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join