It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confirmed: Obama authorizes assassination of U.S. citizen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Source

Quote from source:
In late January, I wrote about the Obama administration's "presidential assassination program," whereby American citizens are targeted for killings far away from any battlefield, based exclusively on unchecked accusations by the Executive Branch that they're involved in Terrorism. At the time, The Washington Post's Dana Priest had noted deep in a long article that Obama had continued Bush's policy (which Bush never actually implemented) of having the Joint Chiefs of Staff compile "hit lists" of Americans, and Priest suggested that the American-born Islamic cleric Anwar al-Awlaki was on that list. The following week, Obama's Director of National Intelligence, Adm. Dennis Blair, acknowledged in Congressional testimony that the administration reserves the "right" to carry out such assassinations.

Today, both The New York Times and The Washington Post confirm that the Obama White House has now expressly authorized the CIA to kill al-Alwaki no matter where he is found, no matter his distance from a battlefield. I wrote at length about the extreme dangers and lawlessness of allowing the Executive Branch the power to murder U.S. citizens far away from a battlefield (i.e., while they're sleeping, at home, with their children, etc.) and with no due process of any kind. I won't repeat those arguments -- they're here and here -- but I do want to highlight how unbelievably Orwellian and tyrannical this is in light of these new articles today.

Just consider how the NYT reports on Obama's assassination order and how it is justified:

I looked around here and could not find this so I thought I would bring it to some people attention.

This one is weird to me. Anywhere? Why would they not want to bring him in rather than just kill him?

I Just wanted to hear some discussion on this subject to see if I am thinking about it wrong.

So let the discussion begin...

Pred...

[edit on 8-4-2010 by predator0187]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
We all know the Constitution is dead and gone...

...but now we have to worry about the Magna Carta too???

This has gone too far.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty by a jury of your peers.

Its time to implement a litmus test for all political offices, or Revolution.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I would guess that this is a "right" that every U.S. Presidential administration has reserved -- to hit various domestic targets.

It ain't as good as a trial, is it? I've never thought so. I can kind of understand for various ghosts in the international spook theaters, but I personally don't care for the subjugation of the judicial process... IF this is a vetted and confirmed story.

Again, it wouldn't surprise me, and I wouldn't guess this was the first administration to do so.

Be prepared for the veracity of the report to be attacked, and perhaps that is a good thing -- if it cannot be confirmed, then it should be attacked.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
We all know the Constitution is dead and gone...

...but now we have to worry about the Magna Carta too???

This has gone too far.

Innocent until PROVEN guilty by a jury of your peers.

Its time to implement a litmus test for all political offices, or Revolution.

i am perfectly fine voting in other people....but this two party thing has to stop.

But if we manage to finally put independants into office, and they keep pulling the same crap then we can talk "revolution".

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
I would guess that this is a "right" that every U.S. Presidential administration has reserved -- to hit various domestic targets.

It ain't as good as a trial, is it? I've never thought so. I can kind of understand for various ghosts in the international spook theaters, but I personally don't care for the subjugation of the judicial process... IF this is a vetted and confirmed story.

Again, it wouldn't surprise me, and I wouldn't guess this was the first administration to do so.

Be prepared for the veracity of the report to be attacked, and perhaps that is a good thing -- if it cannot be confirmed, then it should be attacked.

It was outlawed by Jimmy Carter. Before that, it was legal and often used.

I do not approve of it.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Topic of this thread has been posted here already .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This isn't America anymore

this is pure evil

It is time for all to seek God

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

i am perfectly fine voting in other people....but this two party thing has to stop.

But if we manage to finally put independants into office, and they keep pulling the same crap then we can talk "revolution".

Well...we have quite a few smart people up here on ATS.
Why not try to form a brand new party?
I'm sure that resources are available if sought and we do have some politically savvy peers.
What's the harm in trying?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
This isn't America anymore

this is pure evil

It is time for all to seek God

That's what people like me attempt to avoid.
Your 'god' allows this stuff to happen, if he's even there at all.
How about we try to focus on the real world, real problems and real, practical solutions.
Talk about 'seeking god' is basically removing any real-world responsibility from your hands.
It's like praying for someone who has a head wound...it doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

No harm in trying buddy, It would be a good thing if we had smart people running the country.

The only thing is money. I know money is not everything, but now that the corporations are allowed to spend unlimited amounts of money, could you imagine trying to compete against that? They own the newspapers, the news channels, the tv stations...basically everything.

It would be hard to get our name out there...

Pred...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

This is true.
However, we do have computer geniuses up here too.
Perhaps they can handle some sort of viral campaign.
We have every manner of person up here, in myriad industries and walks of life.
We would just need to sway them to the cause, perhaps many would want to utilize their experience, connections, resources...etc.
There are political science majors, philosophers, engineers, chemists, professors, medical professionals...all RIGHT HERE.
Why not structure a campaign here?

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

i am game...

who wants to head this up???

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I agree this is a diverse selection of people. We would need almost everyone on here to spread the news. We have educated and intelligent people here too. Could be possible. Set something up, you'll never know until you try.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Well...we have quite a few smart people up here on ATS.
Why not try to form a brand new party?
I'm sure that resources are available if sought and we do have some politically savvy peers.
What's the harm in trying?

I would rather see the concept of political parties and alliances banned from our government. These things put allegiance to the alliance before allegiance to the nation and People.

I put people in office to vote my conscience, my will. I do not want them using MY vote to appease some back room dealer as a form of payment.

Independant thinkers, independant people...this is the strength of America (and any other nation that employs such values).

The whole idea of political parties completely baffles me. Why do you need a whole group and machine of people to tell you what the right thing to do is?

If we are talking reform here, i should mention that along the same lines, they should limit, legally, what can be done to campaign.

Media = mind control. Advertising is a science whereby human psychology is manipulated. Our culture thrives on this. Our politics, for worse, thrives on it as well. It is how Obama sold himself as some kind of "Change" candidate (despite all the warning flags that went up...remember Rev. Wright) when, in fact, all he has done is continue the exact same killing and constitution trampling that Bush did (and that Clinton did....remember Bosnia, and Bush Sr, ad nauseum).

If we don't overhaul the way messages are delivered, then we cannot ensure elections aren't bought, and that the more simple americans aren't just attracted to pop culture moments in campaigns.

[edit on 8-4-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I'm willing.
Let's do this.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

I agree it needs to be done, lets put an independent in office. If ATS pooled its resources we could have one hell of a campaign. If not any independent with good ideals will work.

If stuff still stays on the same course though, then we talk revolution.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Completely run of the mill consipiracy theorist dramatic comment about the constitution or Obama, because of unverified circumstancial evidence.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Do you have any idea the downward spiral this country has gone down since we first became a country? How little freedom we now have?

I would love to hear some of your thoughts, not points said for the sake of an argument.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

For sure, I am willing to help but we need more people to do this than just me and you. We also have the option of pushing a campaign for an independant, ie.. Ron Paul, We could push someone we want into office. Like you said we have a ton of resources.

I have no idea where to start though.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187

For sure, I am willing to help but we need more people to do this than just me and you. We also have the option of pushing a campaign for an independant, ie.. Ron Paul, We could push someone we want into office. Like you said we have a ton of resources.

I have no idea where to start though.

Pred...

I am unwilling to push an already established politician.
I believe this is the time for new blood to be elevated.

<<   2 >>

join