It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Photos show rape of detainees by U.S. soldiers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Don't shoot me I'm just the messenger . Make of it what you will .

What the hell is it going to take before this despicable ( BANKER's ) 'war-on-terror' is stopped ?

And before any of you call me a nut-job , let's get together and see who is funding the other 'side' .

I'm putting my two-cents on the same ELITE owned/controlled banks that are funding 'our' side .

rt.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Go , ahead people , justify this one.

Second line.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Here is a key piece of info you missed.

"Published 28 May, 2009, 17:59"

This is old stuff. It has been beat to death here and elsewhere. It only got regurgitated because of the Wiki leaks story.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

And here is a key piece you missed : Edited 30 March , 2010 ., 11:44 .

And another : " Obama had tried to prevent the release of ..."

And here is what you missed overall : Obama was not president until 2009 ., but here he is , trying to cover up war crimes that were perpetratred during the previous administration .

But what you missed more than anything : Rape is a despicable crime and those guilty of it should be brought to justice, regardless if they are military or civilian .

Just because it is 'old news' to you does not justify it or mean that it should be forgotten .

And , the Wiki video was not released until when ...? So, how do you connect those dot of yours ?

[edit on 6-4-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Deleted.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by Damian-007]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

the rape photos have been discussed here before. The soldiers who were guilty were reservists. Go back and look at the old threads. There are plenty of them. here is just one of them. It was before the "blocking" attempt by Obama, but it is the same pictures. None of it is justified or right in my eyes. But jumping on a "bash the military" bandwagon by dredging up old news is a weak tactic. That is something a woman does when she is loosing a fight.

I agree that our military leadership sucks and needs to be fixed. But beating a dead horse won't fix anything.

edit to add: Your title needs to be changed. There are no "new" photos.

[edit on 6-4-2010 by network dude]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by okbmd

the rape photos have been discussed here before. The soldiers who were guilty were reservists. Go back and look at the old threads. There are plenty of them. here is just one of them. It was before the "blocking" attempt by Obama, but it is the same pictures. None of it is justified or right in my eyes. But jumping on a "bash the military" bandwagon by dredging up old news is a weak tactic. That is something a woman does when she is loosing a fight.

I agree that our military leadership sucks and needs to be fixed. But beating a dead horse won't fix anything.

edit to add: Your title needs to be changed. There are no "new" photos.

I agree with you totally on this one. I thought this was only recent, I didn't realise it had been brought up earlier.

I still think that Obama should've done someone other than try and prevent it from being released, something like an investigation and then punishment. Not try and block it from being released..

Anyhow, thanks for letting me, at least, know..

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I KNOW these exist, because I heard the top brass talking about them on c-span in the Abu Ghirab hearings.

I'm sure SOMEONE has that on youtube or something.

The point is, the govt would never release them - they fought and keep fighting to keep them secret. It's my understanding that there were 2 cds of movies and pictures form that. Only the 'most tame' came to light in the scandal.

They clearly said RAPE in those hearings.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

It wasn't my title , go to the link and you will see that .

" ... beating a dead horse won't change anything ... " ?

Then why are we discussing the Wikileaks video ? A dead horse ?

Why are we discussing 9/11 ? A dead horse ?

Why are we discussing the Healthcare Reform ? A dead horse ?

I think I will go to your profile and read some of your posts and see how many 'dead horses' that you are beating ...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
absolutely horrible

we need to leave Afgh and Iraq
immediately !!!!

Our own soldiers are being turned into
terrorists themselves

8 yrs is enough of this shi+

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

As of now, you posted nine (9) times in the Wikileaks video thread , so , why are you beating a dead horse ?

To quote you : " When did we stop being human ? "

Think before you speak ...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
[edit on 4/6/2010 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 4/6/2010 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

It wasn't my title , go to the link and you will see that .

" ... beating a dead horse won't change anything ... " ?

Then why are we discussing the Wikileaks video ? A dead horse ?

Why are we discussing 9/11 ? A dead horse ?

Why are we discussing the Healthcare Reform ? A dead horse ?

I think I will go to your profile and read some of your posts and see how many 'dead horses' that you are beating ...

The point that network dude is trying to convey to you is that you are doing nothing more than resurrecting a old topic that has been discussed over and over again here and creating yet another thread about it. His point is you did not even bother to use the search feature of this website and add to one of the many already existing threads about this subject.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I think plenty. I also thought it was pretty clear that the photos were several years old. Perhaps we need to define old. Let's start with it's opposite. New. Which you put in your title. New would be like in the last day or so. Much like the Wiki leaks video. (just released yesterday at around noon.)

Spin your thread any way you want. But have the guts to say what you really mean. Be a man.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

And my point is , that regardless of where I posted this , I would still be 'beating a dead horse' and acting like 'a woman who is losing a fight' according to him .

Do either of you know what an 'appeals process' is ? Would that be considered a dead horse ?

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by okbmd

Here is a key piece of info you missed.

"Published 28 May, 2009, 17:59"

This is old stuff. It has been beat to death here and elsewhere. It only got regurgitated because of the Wiki leaks story.

Classic disinformation technique.

10. Associate opponent charges with old news. A derivative of the straw man -- usually, in any large-scale matter of high visibility, someone will make charges early on which can be or were already easily dealt with - a kind of investment for the future should the matter not be so easily contained.) Where it can be foreseen, have your own side raise a straw man issue and have it dealt with early on as part of the initial contingency plans. Subsequent charges, regardless of validity or new ground uncovered, can usually then be associated with the original charge and dismissed as simply being a rehash without need to address current issues -- so much the better where the opponent is or was involved with the original source.

www.whale.to...

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

classic ATS teen rage 101. Use words like Stawman and Disinfo when you are wrong. Look people, perhaps you don't understand the written word. These photos are not "new" at all. the only reason this article is being brought up is because of the Wiki Leaks thing. If you had enough attention span to look at the whole site in the OP, you would see that article at the bottom of the page. It's a classic pile on as much negative press as you can when your opponent is down.

I was against what happened in the video shown as I stated 9 times in that thread. I am against rape of prisoners or even beating them. I also am smart enough to know that not every soldier in the military is a cold blooded killer. If you can't see the spin that gets used as a tool then you are nothing more than a tool to be used by the media. Nobody wants to be a tool. Don't be that guy.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   

The Wiki video is from July 12, 2007 . According to your analogy, then it should be pretty clear that this video is several years old and should not warrant discussion .

And again , it wasn't 'my' title .

" Be a man " ? You don't even know me little boy . Hope you feel like a man , setting there in front of your monitor .

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

if you really want to be that juvenile, I'll meet you after school behind the parking lot.

Take a deep breath, now please answer the silly question that needs no answer. When did we(the general public) get access to the wiki leaks video?

I am one of the three computer guys in Dunn, NC. I am not hard to find. Bring a friend.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Loser buys the beer ?

Look dude, I aint wantin' to argue with you . My point was that somehow these rogue cowboys in the military need to be held accountable for their rogue actions .

These guys are representing us as a nation . And as long as this kind of stuff goes on , then the rest of the world can't help but see us as an evil empire .

They don't see the 'you' and the 'me' who do not condone these sordid atrocities . They see us through the conduct of those Americans that they are exposed to ., ie : our troops .

And it certainly doesn't help when 'our' President(s) try to sweep this trash under the rug .

"Death To America" is real to these people and we can never hope to change that as long as these criminals are not brought to justice with a worldwide audience .

These people don't just hate us for what is currently going on , they hate us for all those 'dead horses' that have not been vindicated .

Peace little brother , the war that I fight is not against you .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join