It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida doctor tells Obama voters to ’seek care elsewhere’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
rawstory.com...

A Florida urologist, apparently in response to Democrats' new health care overhaul, has posted a sign on his door telling patients who voted for Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election to seek care elsewhere.

The sign was photographed and posted online by the Orlando Sentinel.

"I'm not turning anybody away — that would be unethical," the doctor, Dr. Jack Cassell, 56, told the Sentinel on Thursday. "But if they read the sign and turn the other way, so be it."

His sign reads: "If you voted for Obama … seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years."

I suppose it's his prerogative to choose who he want's to treat.

I on the other hand welcome into my place of business, conservatives, fascists, hippies, nudists, lawyers, handmaidens, illegal aliens, the insane, honey pot drivers, dermatologists, bass players, and anyone else that carries a visa, AmEx, MC or checkbooks, we also accept cash and might trade for wampum or goats.

Actually, I would rather be waiting on customers; than typing this inane babble on the www. But business being what it is; I'm thankful for a place to be entertained and mildly amused like ATS.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Well actually he can not deny treatment to anybody in need as he has an oath, but already many Doctors have voiced that they will Opt to take part of the HCR programs like many doctors do not participate on government sponsored and subsided insurances like Tricare humana and Medicare and Medicaid.

They have the right to do so, now if the doctor in the article is going a littler bit more drastic in his decision, he owns the property where his place of business is then I guess is up to the law within the state to call what he is doing "discrimination".

[edit on 2-4-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The beginning of the Doctor's revolt. They were pretty much kept out of any of the process in coming up with the HCR (cause it really wasn't about HCR-its about taking more control/power). Typical gov't thinking-keep the ones who actually do the work out of the process.

Only now do you see the stories about the upset doctors from the MSM. Fox was on this months ago with polls and stories etc. One poll they conducted indicated 46% (or so) planned on leaving the profession within the next 4 years!!!

You can rest assurred, there will be another FIX to the HCR law that will set out to punish any resistance or other areas of, what the Dems see as, an attack on their plan.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
He better be careful, or he could be like 5 CEO's of the biggest companies in the counter, and end up being called before congress to explain his actions. I think he is just expressing his view on the new HC bill that was put into law, that no one wants, that is a terrible law unto itself.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This "doctor" needs his medical license revoked immediately.

Politics should have nothing to do with health care... Hang on, who started this?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Why should he care? he is getting paid all the same. If he was an insurance company, I can see him grumping, but really...he is that upset that insurance companys wont be raping his customers as much as before?

The hells wrong with people. I would personally turn around regardless of who I voted for.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

He better be careful, or he could be like 5 CEO's of the biggest companies in the counter, and end up being called before congress to explain his actions. I think he is just expressing his view on the new HC bill that was put into law, that no one wants, that is a terrible law unto itself.

Are you speaking for the American public, not anywhere near true that no one wants the new health care, not anywhere near it, I am in the health care field and talk to doctors, nurses and hospital staff everyday and that is not the general consensus, we are hearing the anti-health care people not from the vast majority who are happy with it.

Florida is a state where the major population are seniors on medicare and are happy with it, this doctor more then likely isn't needy and doesn't need new patients, but he better be careful as he could start losing his current patients with a sign like that.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
he knows he is going to get screwed... Good for him. What People don't understand in most socialized countries, Medical Doctors go to school for free. So they are not putting themselves is 200,000 dollars worth of debt. So how are we going to get Quality doctors, when no body is going to want to go to school for a PHD, If they can never pay it off.
My fiance is a Lawyer and she is dirt poor, Doctors and Lawyers have years and years of mass debt to pay off, how are they going to pay for school, In a government run system? when They are not making nearly as much money.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
He better be careful, or he could be like 5 CEO's of the biggest companies in the counter, and end up being called before congress to explain his actions.

I'd like to see it happen. He can exercise his opinions in front of the nation as well as the scumbags who passed this repulsive bill in the first place.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Don't worry Obama is going to give free tuition for those that are in the medical fields if the work for 4 years of their life on minimum wages in Obma care facilities, to treat the now and ever growing Medicare monster that he is creating after signing last Thursday amendment to on the Medicare in the HCR.

I am just joking. . .

[edit on 2-4-2010 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

Doctor of Philosophy
From Wikipedia
Jump to: navigation, search
"Ph.D." redirects here. For other uses, see Ph.D. (disambiguation).
Doctor of Philosophy, abbreviated PhD or DPhil, for the Latin philosophiæ doctor, meaning "teacher of philosophy", is an advanced academic degree awarded by universities. In many English-speaking countries, the PhD is the highest degree one can earn[1] and applies to graduates in a wide array of disciplines in the sciences and humanities. The PhD or equivalent has become a requirement for a career as a university professor or researcher in most fields.

en.wikipedia.org...

Think you may have meant M.D. not PHD

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

No I meant PHD, I just didn't think it out.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Our Family doctor recently told his Medicaid, Medicare patients he was no longer excepting that insurance. He said he would continue to see his current patience. Half of the Medicare/Medicaid patients left his practice. People with Private insurance came to him... Guess what, the cost of his office services have gone down... So chew on that for a bit...

This doctor isn’t the only one there our others doing the same thing refusing to accept Medicaid and Medicare, There keep their old Patients but not adding new ones... So now you may see more and more doctors doing the same thing where that going to leave all of those new MedicadeMedicare patients to go?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Politics should have nothing to do with health care... Hang on, who started this?

Can't tell if this was sarcasm or not, but if you really believe politics should have nothing to do with healthcare...

Then there shouldn't have been a healthcare bill passed by the government in the first place, should there?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Can't tell if this was sarcasm or not, but if you really believe politics should have nothing to do with healthcare...

Then there shouldn't have been a healthcare bill passed by the government in the first place, should there?

Or Health insurance companies shouldn't have high powered lobbyists to sway greedy politicians. Or is that just free enterprise?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Man, you deal with Bass players.......well at least you didn't mention banjo players? If this doctor want to express himself in this manner, what's wrong with it? His first amendments apply like everyone else's, keep the government out of healhcare where it has no business.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I say GOOD for this doctor and applaud what he's doing and for standing up for what he believes in. If he was in my area I would make it a point to see this doc if I needed a urologist.

Though I do think he needs to amend his criteria on the sign to read "If you voted for Obama and aren't sorry that you did..." because there are a lot of people who feel duped by Obama, even betrayed.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Man, you deal with Bass playes.......well at least you didn't mention banjo players? If this doctor want to express himself in this manner, what's wrong with it? His first amendments apply like everyone else's, keep the government out of healhcare where it has no business.

What happened first? Govt. in health care or health care ala insurance co, HMOs, AMA, etc getting involved in govt. thru lobbyist, kickbacks, corruption, to sway more profits their way? Business as usual??? Preferential treatment??? Money talks and BS walks so put on your shoes and socks.

I do allow banjo players in also but they have to use the rear entrance and not tell any of the other customers of their afflictions.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Wow, if that was public knowledge you'd be inudated with accordian players as well.............oh well, not everyone plays a Tele. I really do think the doctor is right in this though. Time for the government to check out.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Good for him for standing up for his beliefs in such a way. He's just expressing his right to free speech, and if it costs him a few customers, that's his problem and he seems willing to deal with the it. I can certainly respect that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join