It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Raids Michigan Militia?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
FBI Raids Michigan Militia

[/yvid]

Washtenaw: FBI Raids

By Chronicle Staff

March 28, 2010

Several media outlets report that the FBI conducted raids on Saturday night and Sunday morning at several locations in Washtenaw and Lenewee counties. In its Sunday morning broadcast, Channel 7 Action News reports that Homeland Security and the Joint Anti-terrorism Task Force are also involved in the raids, possibly connected to a Michigan militia group. A command center has been set up at the Washtenaw Sheriff’s department. [Source]

annarborchronicle.com...

Sealed warrants,
No comments?

Why isn't this on the news?

Is this really happening?

[edit on 023131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
FBI Conducts Raids In SE Michigan

www.clickondetroit.com...

ADRIAN, Mich. -- The FBI confirmed to Local 4 that there were several law enforcement activities in the Lenawee/Washtenaw County area late Saturday night.

"The federal warrants are sealed and we can not comment at this time," said Sandra Berchtold, media/applicant coordinator for the FBI in Detroit.

Local 4 crews could see FBI helicopters flying over the area.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The FBI was conducting raids Saturday night at multiple locations in southeast Michigan.
www.youtube.com...

Action News has learned Homeland Security and the Joint Anti-terrorism Task Force is also involved in a major operation.
www.wxyz.com...

Apparently they are rounding up militia members...listen in
www.militiaradio.com...

FBI agents raid Hammond location
www.chicagobreakingnews.com...

Police, federal agents in raids in Sandusky, Huron
www.sanduskyregister.com...

[edit on 023131p://bSunday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Mods can delete this thread if you want, I found one already, after the fact, I looked but it didn't come up in my search.

thanks

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Could be these guys were gearing up to do something "about it".

I know CRASH unit here in LA often raid various locations to prevent a planned spree.

Could be they picked up on something via the FISA infrastructure, emails, social networking profile kites, phone calls...

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Could be they picked up on something via the FISA infrastructure, emails, social networking profile kites, phone calls...

What do you think?

I am sure, that would be my guess.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I live in Washtenaw County, but I just got up a little while ago. I.E. I missed the whole thing. Darn. And I live in Ann Arbor anyway, so... no militia in my immediate area (that I know of), just students. University of Michigan and all. I've heard that there is a large militia 'presence' in the surrounding rural areas... Howell etc. I wonder just how long and how closely the feds have been monitoring these groups. Perhaps this is just the beginning...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
yep - no doubt about it...

This outfit may have been about to jump crazy and someone on the inside sent the word to headquarters.

It's my belief that every militia order is infiltrated and will find the same results when they get ready to jump too.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I live in Washtenaw County, but I just got up a little while ago. I.E. I missed the whole thing. Darn. And I live in Ann Arbor anyway, so... no militia in my immediate area (that I know of), just students. University of Michigan and all. I've heard that there is a large militia 'presence' in the surrounding rural areas... Howell etc. I wonder just how long and how closely the feds have been monitoring these groups. Perhaps this is just the beginning...

I was shocked when I found this topic over on another forum, I wasn't sure it was really happening, since our MSM chose to ignore it.

keeps us updated.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

It's my belief that every militia order is infiltrated and will find the same results when they get ready to jump too.

Yup, I am sure, there is no doubt that they are infiltrated, that would be my guess anyway.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I think we need that public leak of government agents and their families to be posted around the internet which is long overdue by the way.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111

I think we need that public leak of government agents and their families to be posted around the internet which is long overdue by the way.

OH, is that possible?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yeah, my neighbor came over for coffee about an hour and a half ago and told me she saw coverage of the raids on the local news. We thought the FBI might be raiding locations in Dearborn at first (many Arab Americans live there). But then I checked out the ATS and it's the militia. First they round 'em up, take their guns, demonize them, sway public opinion even more and then come for the average Joe who may have said something against the government in college 20 years age. That's how it goes...

edit: Dearborn Brown Sugar Ham is the way to go next Sunday. Yum.

[edit on 3/28/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Similar thread from earlier on the front page here.

There have been TV programs about the rise of the militia movement. It was only a matter of time really.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by time91
Similar thread from earlier on the front page here.

There have been TV programs about the rise of the militia movement. It was only a matter of time really.

IN my opinion they don't stand a chance,

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

You think any one will scream racial profiling,

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Are you referring to the militia members? I don't understand.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Yes. I am , I was being facetious.

Maybe not, lol

Seven arrested in FBI raids linked to Christian militia group
Jennifer Chambers / The Detroit News

At lest seven people, including some from Michigan, have been arrested in raids by a FBI-led Joint Terrorism Task Force in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana as part of an investigation into an Adrian-based Christian militia group, a person familiar with the matter said.

The suspects are expected to make an initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Detroit on Monday.

On Sunday, the FBI confirmed that federal law enforcement agents were conducting activities in Washtenaw and Lenawee counties over the weekend in connection to Hutaree, a Christian militia group. FBI Special Agent Sandra Berchtold told The Detroit News the federal warrants in the case are under court seal and declined further comment.

From The Detroit News: www.detnews.com...

Sources have said the FBI was in the second day of raids around the southeastern Michigan city of Adrian that are connected to a militia group, known as the Hutaree, an Adrian-based group whose members describe themselves as Christian soldiers preparing for the arrival and battle with the anti-Christ.

WXYZ-TV reports that helicopters were spotted in the sky for much of Saturday night, and agents set up checkpoints throughout the area. Witnesses told the station that it was like a small army had descended on the area. The Department of Homeland Security and the Joint Terrorism Task Force are also involved in the raids.

Mike Lackomar, of Michiganmilitia.com, said both The Southeast Michigan Volunteer Militia and the Michiganmilitia.com were not a part of the raid.

Lackomar said he heard from other militia members that the FBI targeted the Hutaree after its members made threats of violence against Islamic organizations.

"Last night and into today the FBI conducted a raid against homes belonging to the Hutaree. They are a religious cult. They are not part of our militia community," he said.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
More form the same article,

speaking of infiltration,

One of the Hutaree members called a Michigan militia leader for assistance Saturday after federal agents had already began their raid, Lackomar said, but the militia member -- who is of Islamic decent and had heard about the threats -- declined to offer help. That Michigan militia leader is now working with federal officials to provide information on the Hutaree member for the investigation, Lackomar said Sunday.

"They are more of survivalist group and in an emergency they withdraw and stand their ground. They are actively training to be alongside Jesus," he said.

but the militia member -- who is of Islamic decent and had heard about the threats -- declined to offer help.

am I reading this right?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Yes. I am , I was being facetious.

Maybe not, lol

Ah, humor. I'm still half asleep. Must to have more coffee... By the way, I'm afraid they might, just to make a point. However erroneous it may be IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join