It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Strikes Back at CIA!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Wikileaks Strikes Back at CIA!

file.__._

This classified CIA analysis from March, outlines possible PR-strategies to shore up public support in Germany and France for a continued war in Afghanistan. After the Dutch government fell on the issue of dutch troops in Afgha nistan last month, the CIA became worried that similar events could happen in the countries that post the third and fourth largest troop contingents to the ISAF-mission. The proposed PR strategies focus on pressure points that have been identified within these countries.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Whoa it's getting nasty!!

Wonder where they got this document????

How do you French and German citizens feel about the CIA sponsored ad campaigns to make you feel good about the war in Afghanistan??

This line is particularly sickening...

"Western Euopean publics might be better prepared to tolerate a spring and summer of greater military and civilian casualties if they perceive clear connections between outcome in Afghanistan and their own priorities.
A consistent and iterative strategic communication program across NATO troop contributors that taps in the key concerns of specific Western European audiences could provide a buffer if today's apathy becomes tomorrow's opposition to ISAF, giving politicians greater scope to support deployments to Afghanistan."

WOW that really sums it up nicely. This Memo was listed as "Confidential///No Foreign Nationals. There you go MSM you have your marching orders!!!

file.__._
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Here is a direct link to the PDF. It's worth the read!

CIA Memorandum

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
All I can say is "ouch!"

The CIA is known to operate in this way, and their mandate justifies it (for right or wrong - only future history and those directly affected can say).

Sadly, this kind of PR-consent manufacturing is not unique to American allies and foes.... they do it here too.... we call it "main stream media".

I would think that if you must hide your machinations because they are so intrusive and manipulative... maybe you shouldn't do it....

But then, I am not driven by ideological leaders who live in a fantasy world free from strife and want.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
All I can say is "ouch!"

The CIA is known to operate in this way, and their mandate justifies it (as far as they are concerned anyway).

There, I fixed that for you. Why you seem to think the CIA are "justified" in interfering beyond their jurisdiction is beyond me. Or are you one of these misguided souls who feels the ends always justifies the means? If so, quit watching 24.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Here is another quote regarding the use of Afghan women to persuade European women to support the war. They even provide statistics...

-According to INR polling in the fall of 2009, French women are 8 percentage points less likely to support the mission than are men, and German women are 22 percentage points less likely to support the war than are men.

-Media events that feature testimonials by Afghan women would probably be effective if broadcast on programs that have large disproportionately female audiences. (C//NF)

Tonight's program is being brought to you by the American Central Intelligence Agency.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by m4nchur14n

Originally posted by Maxmars
All I can say is "ouch!"

The CIA is known to operate in this way, and their mandate justifies it (as far as they are concerned anyway).

There, I fixed that for you. Why you seem to think the CIA are "justified" in interfering beyond their jurisdiction is beyond me. Or are you one of these misguided souls who feels the ends always justifies the means? If so, quit watching 24.

You'll get no argument from me. But they've allegedly been in this sort of 'foreign intelligence operation' activity for a very long time.... It may seem like an affront now, but apparently, it has been an 'accepted' practice since the days of black and white television.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
theres nothing to say ... its shameful

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Accepted by whom? I don't find their actions largely acceptable nor do many of my acquaintances. After all, we are talking about propaganda here, and if the CIA needs to perform such acts in order to garner support, then obviously the whole thing is wrong. If it truly was justified, people wouldn't need convincing.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I hate to say it but is this not what they get paid to do? And we blame them for the wars when they in truth have no control. Were does the buck stop? It stops at Obama the last time I checked blame him not them. They are doing their jobs and doing them well I give them a big thumb up.

I also have to wonder who is leaking this info? And when they catch them I do not want to see a trial wink wink. Why can we not even keep secrets anymore? We have real enemies who will view this as weakness and will try even harder to make us fall.

Disclosure is for fools. We need secrets and we should kill anyone who gives them away. Info like this could threaten all of us. Do you like to sleep without worries at night? Then wake up.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
our CIA trying to manipulate European public opinion
is downright insulting (sarcasm intended)
who would have thunk it ???
they did the exact same thing yo us after 9/11
it's another dumb down wave
I hope one of these days that
all these evil MF'ers get their just rewards
in hades. let's see if their propaganda
gets them outta that sh!thole.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I hate to say it but is this not what they get paid to do? And we blame them for the wars when they in truth have no control. Were does the buck stop? It stops at Obama the last time I checked blame him not them.

I'm gonna have to disagree with ya on that
Obama is just a puppet too

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I love how the blame gets misplaced who do these guys and gals work for? They are who you should point your uninformed finger at. But this is not about the truth is it. It is about anger and misinformation and arrogance. The truth is nothing more then a side show on ATS.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Then who are you pointing your finger at? Please just tell me who.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Here is one fool that believed in disclosure. We all know the price he paid.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
SO! its kinda public known now, the CIA orchestrated afghanistan war. IN a sense. Wonder what wikileaks can dig up on 9/11, since obama told us to forget about it in a shameful manner.
We also have ahint, osama binladen wroks for the CIA then, or was payed by em. I think thiers a possible connection. shame on the CIA and obama.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Man, I love Wikileaks, they're the last bastion of unbiased REAL news!!

Not surprised at the CIA strategy, it makes total sense...but I'm happy it's out now, because it'll make this world a better place. Just donated some $$$ to Wikileaks for the second time since January, and I will continue to do so.

They present FACTS instead of OPINIONS, something almost no other news organization can say for themselves anymore. They deserve our support imo.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
WTF?
A half minute after I posted that link to that document on my facebook wall, it disappeared from there but i didn't remove it

Ko3

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I hate to say it but is this not what they get paid to do? And we blame them for the wars when they in truth have no control. Were does the buck stop? It stops at Obama the last time I checked blame him not them. They are doing their jobs and doing them well I give them a big thumb up.

I also have to wonder who is leaking this info? And when they catch them I do not want to see a trial wink wink. Why can we not even keep secrets anymore? We have real enemies who will view this as weakness and will try even harder to make us fall.

Disclosure is for fools. We need secrets and we should kill anyone who gives them away. Info like this could threaten all of us. Do you like to sleep without worries at night? Then wake up.

Yes, let's manipulate our allies and kill people without trial...long live America!!

Are you friggin' serious?? Is this the country you want the US to be?? A manipulative dictatorship (which it would be if the law would be disregarded as you want...death penalties without trials, seriously messed up!!).

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Please he was not goin to leave the countires as* hanging out. He is my personal role mode along with Mr. King. And we do not know the whole story and probably never will. And you are only assuming to know it because you do not.

This is about keeping secrets and we should keep them when national security is at stake at any cost. You are just trying to bait on a subejct you are totoally assuming on. Nice try.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join