It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They tried to make the world forget his name - Nikola Tesla the greatest Inventor of all time

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Bloody excellent thread my man S+F
brilliantly eye catching title too, a thread like this was so overdue its not funny. haven't seen the vid yet but I've read some books on tesla & studied some tesla blueprints and am a long time fan of the guy & his work, I consider him the most impressive genius of the modern age I have ever had the pleasure of knowing about
he kicks ass, just, pity about the death ray and all

the whole edison thing sucks arse and I've tried to tell as many of my friends about tesla as I could y'know, give the guy the deserved acknowledgment but I never thought of doing a thread - nice one bruva!

something about the simple fact that this guy came up with the things he did in the time period he did, is mind bogglingly impressive - but more than even older civilizations advanced minds because it was within the last 100 years - its easier to relate to, seems a pretty important guy for everyone to know about

P.L.U.R.I
-B.M

[edit on 25/3/10 by B.Morrison]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage Tesla did not believe that radio waves (discovered by Heinrich Hertz) were capable of transmitting power at all.
"The Hertz wave theory of wireless transmission may be kept up for a while, but I do not hesitate to say that in a short time it will be recognized as one of the most remarkable and inexplicable aberrations of the scientific mind which has ever been recorded in history."

I found that entire article. You can clearly see his disbelief stemmed from not being able to reproduce any of the experiments Hertz had done, but it wasn't for lack of trying. He even went to Germany to talk to Hertz personally about it. He wasn't saying it was impossible in any way, just the way Hertz proposed, and it turned out he was right. See below.

Originally posted by Phage Tesla did not believe that radio would even be of much use for communication at all.
"As regards signaling without wires, the application of these radiations for the purpose was quite obvious. When Dr. Hertz was asked whether such a system would be of practical value, he did not think so, and he was correct in his forecast. The best that might have been expected was a method of communication similar to the heliographic and subject to the same or even greater limitations."

Because Tesla had developed a far better system than the one proposed by Hertz which was capable of it. He invented a series of high frequency alternators that could go upto 33,000 Hz, which are still used today for all continuous wave Radio communication, and the Tesla coil, which both allowed the radio and TV as we know them to exist.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Vernshot

wild -- thanks for the link. The Coral Castle dude was getting funky with magnets as well -- something about a spiral magnetic force with electron on the south and proton on the north.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Actually, I think if you walk in to any 5th grade Classroom and ask who President Bush was? They wouldn't have a clue who he was, either.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Yep agree the future which is today from then was stolen from us by the likes of JP Morgan Edison and that ilk. What we do have of modern electricity can mostly be attributed to Tesla.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pajjikor

Many people here on ATS are saying that they think that most people have heard of Tesla, I have to say this is blatantly not true. Most of the people I have meet with a good education have never heard of him. The fact is if you are here on ATS you are certain to come across his work but if you are not here you most likely don’t know him.

I watched a documentary not long ago by either Discovery or NGS which told of how Westinghouse set up the first AC power plant a Niagara never mentioning the name Tesla. It made me so mad.

60 odd years after his death TPTB are still afraid of Tesla and his work.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MAC269
Many people here on ATS are saying that they think that most people have heard of Tesla, I have to say this is blatantly not true. Most of the people I have meet with a good education have never heard of him. The fact is if you are here on ATS you are certain to come across his work but if you are not here you most likely don’t know him.

I watched a documentary not long ago by either Discovery or NGS which told of how Westinghouse set up the first AC power plant a Niagara never mentioning the name Tesla. It made me so mad.

60 odd years after his death TPTB are still afraid of Tesla and his work.

Please explain this photo.

Yep. That's a statue of Tesla in Niagara Falls, New York. Been there since the 1970s, as an acknowledgement of his contribution to hydroelectric power in the region.

A far cooler statue is on the Canadian side, and it can be found here.

As far as Westinghouse " never mentioning the name Tesla", that's a load of crap.

Tesla WAS THERE AT THE OPENING.

Here's an excerpt from the speech he made there:

"We have many a monument of past ages; we have the palaces and pyramids, the temples of the Greek and the cathedrals of Christendom. In them is exemplified the power of men, the greatness of nations, the love of art and religious devotion. But the monument at Niagara has something of its own, more in accord with our present thoughts and tendencies. It is a monument worthy of our scientific age, a true monument of enlightenment and of peace. It signifies the subjugation of natural forces to the service of man, the discontinuance of barbarous methods, the relieving of millions from want and suffering"

Source. There's a whole lot of stuff on that page, including commemorative plaques at the power plant listing Tesla's patents, to photos of him with Westinghouse, to actual correspondence.

This is the problem with so many topics here on ATS. Here's Tesla, one of the most widely known scientists and inventors of his age - easily in the top 5 of "inventors whose names people can remember" along with Marconi and Edison, scores of books written on his works, immortalized in bronze in a handful of countries, namesake of at least one hair metal band, perennial character in science fiction for nearly a century, and ZOMG HE'S COMPLETELY UNKNOWN TPTB DON WANNUS TO KNOWZ!!!!

Please.

Google Nicola Tesla: Results 1 - 10 of about 1,780,000 for nikola tesla
Google Guglielmo Marconi: Results 1 - 10 of about 696,000 for Guglielmo Marconi.

I can only hope I'm that forgotten after I'm gone.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I got to admit I have heard of tesla and all that he created but have never realy read up on the things he was working on, He was always on my list of things to look into but never got around to. By the admiration from this thread I better read up on some of his stuff it might be intresting..

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Here's an excerpt from Robert Anton Wilson's Cosmic Trigger Vol. 1. I'm no Tesla expert, so I wonder what some of you think of this.

"This illumination came to Tesla in a series of quasi-mystical visions during his adolescence. The key events were:
1. The visions themselves, in some of which Tesla literally went into trance and talked to entities nobody else could see.
2. A series of mysterious illnesses between the visions. In some of these, Tesla became acutely sensitive and felt all perceptions as painful (colors were too bright, noises too loud, etc.) Several times, Tesla nearly died of an apparent draining away of life energy which his doctors simply couldn't explain.
3. After the final vision, in which Tesla "saw" that everything in the universe obeys a law of Octaves, Tesla was transformed into a kind of secular seer. He developed a most peculiar inner vision. He could literally "see" in perfect detail any machine he thought about, right down to microscopic measurements and dimensions..." (138)

Wilson condenses the formula as "near-death plus rebirth on a higher level".

I thought this last bit interesting.

"Tesla, incidentally, remained a strict Materialist all his life. When his biographer pointed out to him once that Tesla's own ESP had been demonstrated on numerous occassions, Tesla replied that ESP also had a material medium." (139)

So, is there anything to this?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage,

I appreciate the links, and more importantly, the Scribd link provided by Phage, which I have reviewed. If the many redacted pages indicate anything at all, it's that there's a great deal of Tesla's story that they wish to remain out of the public eye.

I did find some curiosities about it though:

Page 2 states "Main Investigative File 156 pages”. By this declaration they are stating that there are other files regarding Tesla undisclosed in this file.

Page 6 states, “Kosanovich took from the room three pictures of Tesla, two being enlarged newspaper picturex.” This jumped out at me the moment I read it. Tesla wasn’t an idiot. He’d likely have hidden key things all around, and with everyone focused on the safe, a few pictures (why would he have so many pictures of himself when he wasn’t a vain man with very few possessions?) wouldn’t have been paid much attention to. I’d want to know if there were notes behind those pictures that were taken away. No other page in this report mentions those “enlarged photos”.

Page 6 states that “nothing else was removed from the room or safe.” aside from the pictures and the testimonials book Swezey had made for Tesla, yet page 33 contradicts this.

Page 6 states that, “Gorsuch and Ftizgerald of Alien Property Control went into the hotel and seized all the property of Tesla, consisting of about two truckloads of material, sealed all articles and transferred them to the Manhattan Storage and Warehouse Co. NY, where they are now located at that time there were also in this warehouse approximately thirty barrels and bundles belonging to Tesla which had been there since about 1934. These have also been sealed and are now under orders of Alien Property Custodian. In view of fact Tesla is a US Naturalized citizen, Alien Property Custodian feels that its jurisdiction over property is doubtful but feels that no other agency will be able to get to this property for at least two days.”

Page 7 continues, “Tesla also had some property, alleged by informant Fitzgerald in this case, to be a working model of an invention in a safe deposit box in Governor Clinton Hotel in NY. This bill is still owed and hotel appears unwilling to release this property to anyone at least until debt is paid, but this office will be advised if anyone attempts to paid bill and obtain property.” This “model” gets discussed on pages 8 & 9 as, “Fitzgerald also knows that Tesla has conceived and … a revolutionary type of torpedo which is not presently in use … the nations. It is Fitzgerald’s belief that this design has not … available to any nation up to the present time. From … to Fitzgerald by Tesla, he knows that the complete plans, … and explanation of the basic theories of these … place in the personal effects of Tesla. He also knows that … a working model of Tesla’s which cost more than ten thousand … build in a safety deposit box belonging to Tesla … Clinton Hotel, and Fitzgerald … this model has to do with the so called death ray or the … of electrical current.”

Page 11 has a rather interesting hand written memo on it, “L. M. C. Smith is handling this with Alien Property Custodian so there appears to be no need for us to mess around in it.” There are initials there but I can’t make them out. This completely goes against all common sense. We know Hoover wanted to know everything about everything, and there seems no way in the world that Hoover wouldn’t have been all over this property at the Governor Clinton Hotel, especially when we discover that the Navy had been poking around in Tesla’s personal effects on page 17.

Page 17 states, “The Tesla effects are stored in room 5J and 5L of Manhattan Storage’s warehouse at 52nd Street and 7th Ave, New York City. Mr. Michael King, who stated he had been Floor Supervisor for approximately 10 years on the floor in question, stated that he could recall only the one occasion in early 1943 when an examination was made of the Tesla effects. He stated that at that time numerous photographs were taken by the examiners. His description of the equipment used would tend to show that a microfilm reproduction was made of some of the papers of the deceased scientist. Mr. King added that several of the group making the examination wore U.S. Navy uniforms, and during the two days required to complete the examination the civilian assistants in the group were identified to him only as “Federal Authorities”. According to Mr. King, no other instance of microfilming of the records of the Tesla estate has taken place since that time.” We now know that the War Department was involved in this, and took with them photos of what they wanted to know.

Page 33 adds further mystery, “A safe expert was called in to unlock Tesla’s safe. Among its contents were several honorary degrees, a volume of greetings which I had gathered for him on his seventy-fifth birthday, a bunch of keys, and the Edison Medal. We kept out the book of greetings (I mentioned this at the time to the assistant manager of the hotel and later to a Mr. Gorsuch of the Alien Property Custodian’s Office), but everything else, including the medal and keys, was replaced and the safe was locked. Except when it was inspected by the Alien property Custodian, the safe was never reopened until it arrived in Belgrade (where Tesla’s property was to be installed in a special Tesla Museum) and was there opened by Mr. Kosanovic. According to his former secretary, both the bunch of keys and the medal were missing. The keys were later found in a tin box outside the safe; the medal was never found.”

continued...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
…continued

Okay, so what do these documents tell me?
• The War Department was very interested in the weapons technology Tesla invented and wanted to secure it for themselves. We were in the middle of WWII after all.
• We know that the Navy and “Federal Authorities” were there viewing his effects, though the documents in this file do not indicate those authorities were the FBI.
• We know that the keys were removed from the safe and found in an tin box outside the safe. A bunch of keys unlock a bunch of doors. What doors? What were those keys for? Other safety deposit boxes? Other locked trunks?
• We know the Edison Medal was stolen, which is really ironic being that Tesla and Edison were mortal enemies.
• We know that the FBI knew that Tesla was a naturalized citizen, yet they continued to push responsibility off on the Alien Property Custodian. This literally makes no sense, as everyone involved knew he was a naturalized American.
• The documents also mention the Alien Property Custodian’s having other property of Tesla’s. Why would they have that when he’d been a citizen since 1891?
• The book of greetings could have very well had hidden messages and codes in it that needed to be secured. Cryptography was all the rage in those days, and Tesla wasn’t a bumbling idiot. It could have been nothing, but it could have been something.

Too many things don’t fit, and these aren’t even all the documents. I thank Phage for providing links to these documents, and providing more clues. Too bad that most of the documents toward the end were too heavily redacted to be of any practical use.

***edited for formatting.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by bpg131313]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

vox2442,

Thank you for the link to the statue on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. I’m going to have to add that to the list of places I must visit when I travel to the east coast. The Canadians have one-upped us with that statue.

To this day, I’m surprised that no one has recreated the Wardenclyffe Tower experiment. I’d love to know if he really was right about 11.78 Hz being the fundamental earth resonance frequency. I, like Tesla, don’t have the money to pull it off.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

All the same, if 'they' (who?) were 'trying to make the world forget his name', they wouldn't have named a unit of measurement after him, would they?

Tesla worship is like worshipping Rasputin. Tesla was a bona fide genius but he was also as mad as a hatter, and as he grew older the genius went into occlusion while the madman gained the ascendant. I guess some people aren't so good at spotting the difference.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

When you think about it, is it so far fetched? Our earth orbits the sun, using the power of magnetism. The sun, is a giant burning magnet.

Err, no. The Earth orbits the Sun using the power of gravity. Gravitational force and Electromagnetic force are very different things (unless you've somehow managed to do what Einstein couldn't do in his entire life and perfect the Unification Theory). This is basic physics 101.

Sorry if someone else has already posted this (wouldn't surprise me), but I had to respond as soon as I read this post.

[edit to add]

I wasn't taught about Tesla in High School, but then again, I wasn't taught about Edison either. They were more concearned with how things work and the theories than who invented them. They teach science in science classes in the UK, not history.

Having said that, we did learn about him in college in my physics classes (that's UK college, 16-18 yrs old, not US college/university).

We learned about him when we did medical physics, such as MRI machines and when we did EM physics and learned about radio waves. I think his name probably popped up a couple of other times, but it was 10 years ago now, so I'm a little fuzzy. Also, if you just pop to your local library, you can find reference books galore on the official history of Tesla. I've even seen a couple of microfilm news reports from the time regarding AC electricity and his perfection of the AC powered electric rotary motor, which by the way he had a great deal of difficulty with. It took him ages to get that one right, but eventually, he did.

He was certainly a great man, deserving of memorial, but there are a lot of unfounded rumours flying around these days

[edit on 26-3-2010 by nik1halo]

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
reply to post by serbsta

All the same, if 'they' (who?) were 'trying to make the world forget his name', they wouldn't have named a unit of measurement after him, would they?

Tesla worship is like worshipping Rasputin. Tesla was a bona fide genius but he was also as mad as a hatter, and as he grew older the genius went into occlusion while the madman gained the ascendant. I guess some people aren't so good at spotting the difference.

Madness is believing in something no one else does which you can't prove.

Genius is believing in something no one else does which you can prove.

Don't go ahead and think it's an easy distinction to make. Especially in regards to topics we know little about compared to the genius/madman.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by projectnsearch

Dang, you are the first person whom i've found to share my beliefs.

I am astonished.

Please enlighten me re: project "Blue Beam". Is there a possible correlation between it and the Nome , Alaska personal interferences. Ie: Dr. Abigail Tyler?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian-007
You all crack me up..

Can someone point me to a site that has absolute PROOF that he invented some sort of Energy Weaponry, please?

In reality, if Edison have never employed Tesla, AC Electricity, may never have come to Fruition. Westinghouse Emloyed Tesla because Westinghouse knew and Understood the Advantages of AC electricity over DC Electricity.

Edison had a big war with Westinghouse and Tesla over which System was better and Edison started using Scare Tactics to scare the public over the using of AC over DC. Edison thought that his own system, which used DC, was far superior to AC Electricity.

Tesla is credited and holds Patents for a whole host of stuff that has to do with AC Electricity.

AC= Alternating Current.
DC=Direct Current.

www.angelfire.com...

tribes.tribe.net...

en.wikipedia.org...

There's a few sources for ya. And yeah...this was one of MANY of Tesla's inventions. So, there's your proof.

And when you ask for ABSOLUTE PROOF for something, remember, there's hardly absolute proof for anything. That's the reason why most things fall under the category of theory.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow! Thread turns into disputes about Tesla's 'fame'. Well, I for one can say that I never heard of Tesla in any high school class (could be due to the fact that I never went, not sure
) I took or college for that matter- yet Edison, is somehow just 'known' by all. Odd.

But when I watched this clip all I kept thinking was 'Who is John Galt?' (Ayn Rand)

Invented the 'first' motor... Hidden from the mainlines by influential Americans- Anybody?

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Yeah, they try to make us forget, but yet they STOLE a lot of his ideas and inventions out of power and greed!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Very nice thread, I've always thought he was a very interesting man and it was great to hear about other things he was involved in creating. It's a real shame that he never got the credit he so deserved, maybe now he will.....

[edit on 26-3-2010 by bohicaaa]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join