It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you remember Dolores Barrios, the woman from the planet Venus???

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by damouse83
reply to post by HomerinNC

Now that we know that Venus is inhabitable, it can be concluded those stories were fakes.

Indeed, the stories are fake, the contacts real!
Venusian---> Germans---> Nazi UFOs.
Mystery solved (although it's hard to accept this for the majority).

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

Congrats, you have an old pic of Lady Gaga! Seriously though, wierd or not, that blonde looked pretty good to me, I think interspecies breeding would be my rule of the day.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I read up on this on some sites and it appears to have been a hoax to sell books or drum up interest. Snippet from the article.

snippet:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------------

Each of the contactees told their own experiences and took the occasion to sell their autographed books.

At Adamski’s turn, the “professor” explained that the Venusians were much alike human beings. So much so they had infiltrated our society and were living in the big cities. He also presented a painting with an artistic depiction of a Venusian.

George Adamski com um quadro de Orthon
George Adamski with his artistic depiction of a Venusian

At the end of the first day there was some commotion when the audience noticed the presence of two men and a woman with an exotic appearance. The rumor started that they were disguised Venusians. Those that Adamski had talked about a few hours before.

One of the men used glasses. The three were white and the woman had long blonde hair, but the strangest thing were her black eyes.

At this meeting the Brazilian journalist João Martins was also present, and he interviewed them too, obtaining the following information:

She was called Dolores Barrios, and designed dresses; the names of her friends were Donald Morand and Bill Jackmart [they were musicians]. The three of them lived in Manhattan Beach, California.

Martins asked if he could photograph them, but they refused. They were bothered and tired of being called Venusians. According to Martins, Dolores Barrios looked very much like the painting that Adamski had shown.

For the rest of the conference the three became isolated and didn’t talk with the other attendees. In the following day, at the end of the meeting, the strange visitors let themselves be photographed.
Nowadays it’s said that Martins photographed Dolores using a flash, surprising her. Dolores was scared and ran to the forest. Soon afterwards, a flying saucer was seen rocketing upwards, but no one was able to capture a photo.
[It’s just a fancy story
[It’s just a fancy story. From the original story with the photos published by Martins in O Cruzeiro, October 1954, we know that they were present at the two days of the event, and there’s another photo of Dolores, in full, along with photos of her friends.

Needless to say, as Dolores herself already told, she wasn’t a Venusian. Her blonde hair (bleached?) would not be very pretty at Venus scorching temperatures and corrosive atmosphere. And although she does look similar to Adamski’s painting, one has to remember that the painting was of Orthon. A Venusian male.]

source: forgetomori.com...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------

There were reports of her attending UFO conferences in the 50's and 60's.

Sounds like mass hysteria caused by a rumor and a handy a marketing tool to me.
edit on 8-10-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
What about people saying there might be a really different atmosphere on Venus than what we're being told. I heard somewhere scientist sat down and were plotting: "ok, so now we have to think of why Venus would be unsustainable for life", and then they made up these statements that we know now and it's being repeated over and over again. But what do we actually know about our space. We might not being told the truth. There were some statements that each and every planet in our Solar System may sustain life, even take Saturn, whereas it's regarded being a gas giant, which is so light in weight, that it could float on an ocean. So, keeping some of the mentioned hypothesis in mind, maybe, just maybe, Venus might have a very specific atmosphere, and actually support life that is human-like. What we supposedly know now, may just not be the actual truth. Like the quote from the movie Cloud Atlas (here I shall type it not word for word, but just the main thought of it): "There can not be different versions of the truth. Those are just untruths. Truth is singular."

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Uma Thurman is a straight up SHAPESHIFTER!

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
First off, Venus is roughly between 800 °F and 1000 °F and is covered in sulfuric acid clouds. If anything lived on it...it would not look anything like a humanoid. So the story itself is crap. The perpetrators were likely nutters.

Second, Dolores is a hottie. I'd hit it. The young version of Dolores, anyway. ;-)

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by endworld09

It's not impossible that Venus may sustain some form of life as we know it in the atmosphere, maybe higher in the atmosphere where temperatures are cool enough for liquid water.

Why would they lie to us about Venus being hot? It's not just that humans can't survive...the machines we've built that went to Venus could only survive a short time due to adverse conditions. So as much as I think the word "impossible" should be used with the greatest of caution, I wouldn't really argue with anyone saying life like us is "impossible" on the surface of Venus.

Now if there could be some other form of life not based on water, like silicon based life or something else, I wouldn't say it's impossible because we really don't know anything about such life as we've never seen it. So the only thing we can discuss intelligently is life as we know it. Life as we don't know it (silicone based etc) is highly speculative, but in any case would be different from us, and wouldn't look like the woman in the OP.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
First off, Venus is roughly between 800 °F and 1000 °F and is covered in sulfuric acid clouds. If anything lived on it...it would not look anything like a humanoid.

Oh, you must be one of those that believes everything that NASA and our government tells you.... I see...

anyhoo, I thought everyone already knew this, Dolores lived a full life in South Louisiana and died in 2008 surrounded by her loved ones, she was 81.
www.houmatoday.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
First off, Venus is roughly between 800 °F and 1000 °F and is covered in sulfuric acid clouds. If anything lived on it...it would not look anything like a humanoid.

Oh, you must be one of those that believes everything that NASA and our government tells you.... I see...

Surely, that was in jest?

If you have anything more than a high school understanding of physics and science in general....you can come to the same conclusion. You can research the countless findings from universities equipped with large telescopes and yes....use NASA's data to collaborate your findings. Let's pretend for a second though that we don't have that....you stop and think of what the atmosphere and temperature would be like on a planet that is roughly 68,000,000 miles from the sun? The earth is about 90-94,000,000 miles away...in case you cared to give this some thought.

Obviously math and science are the devil and are not to be believed. Conspiracy theories off the internet are far more credible.

edit on 30-1-2013 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

You also think that the sun is actually hot too...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

I don't know if anyone is still following this thread, but I have personal knowledge of Dolores Barrios and her partners Don and Bill. Dolores was known as "Laurie" to us and she, Don and Bill were close friends of my parents when I was a little girl back in the early 50s. My parents actually were the ones to take them to Mt Palomar as they didn't drive. They were indeed very, very strange and I have some incredible first hand stories of them. My father was Glenn Passmore, who illustrated one of Adamski's books on flying saucers. I have family photographs of Laurie (Dolores) and the others. What your photographs don't show is how incredibly short she was. My mother is standing next to her in one of the photos. My mother was 5'4" and Laurie looks like a child next to her. I recorded my father's stories of Don and Laurie on tape before he died and am planning to write a book on the many odd experiences my parents had with them. They were indeed different. I am not speculating on where they were from - I am simply saying they were very, very strange. I met Laurie when I was somewhere between 2 and 3 years old. To my knowledge, I don't know anyone else in my age group who remembers these people, has first hand knowledge of them or the strange events that occurred. They came to our home on numerous occasions and my parents took them also to a saucer convention out at Giant Rock. Stay tuned. There is more.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
OP whats your point in this ? we all know (well most serious ufologist) about this case and trying to tie up this woman's photo into your standard of strangeness is a bit strecthing it too far dont you think ?

there are way more type of faces (man or woman) in the real world that (by your standard) can be categorized as strange. but they are human face variation.

and i agree with some posters here who said this looks like uma thurman.. most definitely the 1st thing that come to my mind when i saw this photo (back then).. its uma thurman look alike..

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
OP, if you want to see unusual face , see this case file and the accompanying photo of the entity.. you should read the case and the interview before seeing the photo as i think the photo is drawn too human instead of exactly as the witness said.

theozfiles.blogspot.com.au...

The Nordic female had a very elongated face and a sharply point chin. Her eyes appeared to be blue and 2 to 3 times larger than normal. She had very fine wispy blonde hair that seemed to be oddly blown up. Her skin colour was quite light. The dark brown skinned Asian looking woman seemed to have almost completely black eyes. Her hair was black and set in a firm page-boy style.

4.bp.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by passmore
reply to post by ucalien

I don't know if anyone is still following this thread, but I have personal knowledge of Dolores Barrios and her partners Don and Bill. Dolores was known as "Laurie" to us and she, Don and Bill were close friends of my parents when I was a little girl back in the early 50s. My parents actually were the ones to take them to Mt Palomar as they didn't drive. They were indeed very, very strange and I have some incredible first hand stories of them. My father was Glenn Passmore, who illustrated one of Adamski's books on flying saucers. I have family photographs of Laurie (Dolores) and the others. What your photographs don't show is how incredibly short she was. My mother is standing next to her in one of the photos. My mother was 5'4" and Laurie looks like a child next to her. I recorded my father's stories of Don and Laurie on tape before he died and am planning to write a book on the many odd experiences my parents had with them. They were indeed different. I am not speculating on where they were from - I am simply saying they were very, very strange. I met Laurie when I was somewhere between 2 and 3 years old. To my knowledge, I don't know anyone else in my age group who remembers these people, has first hand knowledge of them or the strange events that occurred. They came to our home on numerous occasions and my parents took them also to a saucer convention out at Giant Rock. Stay tuned. There is more.

Hi passmore,

I'm amazed nobody has expressed any interest in hearing more from you in the four months since you posted this.

I joined to contact you, but don't seem to have private messaging privileges, so am hoping you might read this at some point in the future and be encouraged to tell us - or at least me - more.

Are there any members here who do have pm'ing capabilities and want to try sending a message to passmore to get them back on ats?

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ucalien

If you saw a woman who looked like that on the street you be wondering what here mix of European heritage is to give her the interesting facial features. Her forhead is very large and wide as well for a woman. I can see the vertical ridge on her forhead which is strange. She could be alien.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by passmore

Hi Passmore, I would also be very interested to hear your stories relating to Dolores (Laurie) and her friends, and also to see the photos that you mentioned. I have a personal interest in this subject, as I have had some experiences with 'beings from elsewhere', my account can be read in a Blog

I did not see the ridge on the forehead in the encounter that I had with the man, one possible interpretation is that it is an image on the reverse side of the magazine page in which the photo was taken. Aside from the physical characteristics, I felt a distinct and unique feeling that I also felt in the presence of the man that I encountered when I view Dolores' photographs.

People have speculated that it is Orthon in the photo which I find is an interesting possibility. Assuming that they from the same origin, the man I saw was in no way androgynous, he was also very tall unlike Dolores.

I know that the Venusian origin to the Adamski contacts is dubious, I feel it was not to be taken literally but perhaps a way of explaining the origin of these beings that could more readily understood in the time they occurred. My own experiences strongly point towards an inter-dimensional origin.

edit on 24-8-2013 by DavidHN because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
i really dont know about this story but honestly this doesnt sound very believable to me. this ufo-conference took place over a few days and finally a camera flash scared her so much? over all those days were no other photographs taken using a flash light? a person who came from another planet using a ufo is scared when she sees a camera flash? are there even trees over 6000 feet so she could run into the forest? and then, dont forget we are at a ufo conference, the ufo flew out of the forest and nobody took a picture? not even the guy who made the photos a few seconds ago from dolores and her friends?

another thing is that people back in 1954 maybe didnt know as much about the venus as we do know today. if there is live on other planets near our solar system i dont think that the venus would be the planet of your choice.

"It has the densest atmosphere of the four terrestrial planets, consisting of more than 96% carbon dioxide. The atmospheric pressure at the planet's surface is 92 times that of Earth's. With a mean surface temperature of 735 K (462 °C; 863 °F)"

i dont say that this couldnt be true but for me personally there is much more doubt than evidence...
edit on 26-8-2013 by siemis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Is it just me or does Dolores seem to have six or seven toes???????

posted on Jan, 2 2021 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thunderheart

anyhoo, I thought everyone already knew this, Dolores lived a full life in South Louisiana and died in 2008 surrounded by her loved ones, she was 81.
www.houmatoday.com...

That woman looks nothing like the woman in the older pictures. From the set of her eyes and shape of her face, to the completely different nose. That young woman’s round flat nose would’ve kept growing, not get pinched and ridged.

posted on Jan, 3 2021 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Thanks for bumping this thread - I completely forgot about this case.

This kicked me off on a fair bit of reading on Antarctica, the National Science Foundation and more.

Interestingly, Harvey Kilgore and Vannevar Bush (no relation to the Presidents) have a bit of a similar look to them as the lady in question here.

They also were instrumental in the formation of the NSF and that formation occurred in mid-1950... which isn’t too much before the alleged event in the OP took place.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join