It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea *Party Goers* Go Overboard, Threaten Gun Violence Over HCR

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Vent,

Most everyone depicted in the pics you showcased were not calling for the assassination of 43.

The Tea Partiers are slowly crossing the threshold of a legitimate political organization into a full blown terrorist organization. It's just a matter of time before one of their ranks becomes militant. We absolutely cannot allow this group to get to that point. This entire movement has always been a peaceful and non violent one and will forever remain as one. The hardline stance of our groups is no one is to anything dumb as that would ruin it for all. Regarding the Tea group we are dealing with a different entity entirely. More radical and more willing to take up arms against the Govt. The time to shut them down once and for all is now.

This is what DHS described to a "t" in Apr 2009 as being on the lookout for radical right wing extremitist groups for which this group is the epitome of.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Ok, so you will remain to have your free speech at anti war establishments but these people should be shut down because one of them may go haywire and kill someone? Obviously you just disagree with what they say and therefore you believe that they shouldn't express their views. While I disagree with the way this movement has gone I still think its principles (the way it started) should be noted. You will have to explain to me these peoples mental makeup that makes them more of a threat than the anti war crowd. Personally I think they are one and the same. Both sides have been extremely careful not to make themselves look bad and both sides are able to release a dangerous rogue into the world. These people are just like you and me. They are no more at risk of killing than any of us are. While I don't think they should ever resort to violence, some of them may. Those pics I posted definitely prove that this country is polarized on both sides. Another thing before i go, were those pics I posted taken out of context or something? They are holding up signs wanting the president dead. If a teaparty person did this they would shout about it on the MSM until 2018.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by warisover

Seeing as being in favor of the Constitution is being "American" and seeing as the Declaration of Independence (which is US law) says "Americans" have a right to use violence against the government if it engages in tyranny, I don't think the tea partiers are the "anti-Americans."

The healthcare bill violates Article 1 Section 8 of the US constitution. It also violates the 4th amendment, which ensures due process.

Its basically a gigantic handout to insurance companies and totally outside of Congresses authority to pass.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
With any law, bill, protest, whatever, it might be best to ask oneself, "What happens if the other party gets hold of this law? This bill?"
What does it look like when the other party holds up those protests signs?

Pounce and pounce hard? Really? And would you allow that to happen to you in a protest if your sign was deemed a little messy and inappropriate?
I recall blood (though later found to be fake) thrown on the steps of the Capital Building, I watched it on TV in real time.
According to many people, that was "too far", and since then, it's gone a lot farther.
It was good that the Winter Soldiers weren't pounced on hard for the freedom of speech they protected.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I also find this dance between the radical, irrational people from the extremes of both the Right and Left, quite entertaining and scary at the same time. Scary in that so many peoples critical thinking skills are so lacking that they can be controlled by a political party.

I pray that people will come to understand that Bush and Obama are different sides of the same coin.

I think your prayers are being answered. people are starting to see that there is no difference between Dems and Repubs. People in the tea parties are not just republicans but the media tries to make it look that way. The media always tries to keep the people divided. But the government has gotten so out of control that dems and repubs are seeing that there is no difference. half of government pose as repubs, the other half pose as dems but they are all on the same team working for the same corporation.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just remember the guy on ATS who has been strumming on about violent revolution and how it is coming. Nothing has changed. This health care will pass and so too will more things that the public is against. One of them will be the last straw and you can bet your ass that these people aren't going to be "Timothy McVeighs" of the world, they are going to be average Americans with nothing to lose.

This entire article makes me giggle with its "Anti-American" spew. It is only going to get worse. I don't give a damn if there are laws that illegal today buy are rights guaranteed by the Constitution - NO federal law shall usurp the power of the document.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I knew these tea party folk were nothing but trouble. They should all be locked up as soon as possible.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
I knew these tea party folk were nothing but trouble. They should all be locked up as soon as possible.

I know, and so should the war protesters, the 9-11 truthers, the birthers, and all the others groups that question the government. Then you'll be left with just the lobbyists.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv

Going too far?
no, I say it is about time.
It has happened before...it will happen again.

Yea, what's the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter, I guess it is just what side of the fence you are sitting on.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Reading through this thread and seeing all the missing posts and the "get the teabaggers" tells me one thing...the MSM has done its job well.

So if this blatant circumvention of the Constitution doesn't fire people up, just exactly what will? And if the most (and use this next word lightly) organized group is removed from action by being "a domestic terrorist organization" who is going to stand up for the rights of the people that would rather just lay back and take it on the hope that things might change?

Between "no child able to get ahead" and 24/7 propaganda from the media outlets it is a wonder that majority of the youth can wipe their own bottoms. And by youth I mean the 17-25 crowd that can usually be found wearing their iPods and walking out into traffic without looking.

Myself, I can't wait until the "volunteer group" thing gets started up. Yeah, it will be like the CCC back in the day. Except the only volunteer part is that people won't call it for what it is.... low-pay slavery. Have fun with your shovels and pickaxes because that will be the most dangerous of weapons you will access to in the near future.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Sadly most of us just don't understand how to argue for the best results. So must of us argue the way that our wives argue - far from the point.
What are the top ten issues that the TP have??? Why weren't these articulated. Screaming and shouting does not equal a political debate. Then the TP gets labelled as a bunch of nuts and the political issues get ignored. If I was a steward I would have respectfully asked him to take the banner down. It would give the movement a bad name.. Well it has for some people.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by warisover

I know, and so should the war protesters, the 9-11 truthers, the birthers, and all the others groups that question the government. Then you'll be left with just the lobbyists.

Why don't these teabaggers realize the good Obamais doing for them. For gods sake he is fighting several wars to protect their freedom. If it wasn't for Obama you guys could be speaking Iraqi or afganistani. THe U.S could have been taken over by now if it wasn't for Obama and Bush.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

People calling them 'tea baggers' may drive them to actions - stop with that cr******.

Its Tea Party. And its not a single group, its grassroots people that object to taxation without representation and big government. A lot of very angry people may step up and say things but overall the movement is very peaceful, so far.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Don't know about you guys - but TeaBaggers means something different over here in European term.

If they went overboard it means someone has a sore face and someone else still has sorer yet genitalia.

Mind you that's perhaps the way you savages prefer it until you get civility.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by warisover

Why don't these teabaggers realize the good Obamais doing for them. For gods sake he is fighting several wars to protect their freedom. If it wasn't for Obama you guys could be speaking Iraqi or afganistani. THe U.S could have been taken over by now if it wasn't for Obama and Bush.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Gun violence? The republic was born with gun violence. The founding fathers recommended gun violence as a means of redress when common sense and our unalienable (Adams said it was inalienable, I think he was right.) rights are threatened, which they certainly are under the current administration, and HCR in particular.

With ACORN and illegal aliens electing our "representatives" we have effectively lost the right to vote.

What do YOU suggest?

FattyZ

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I assume you are speaking of the group of marxist thugs that currently occupy the White House?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I don't see any problem with this at all, most of these Polititcians think they are above the Law and can get away with whatever they want to do and toy with the American Citizens that are actually their Superiors. Most of these people don't even know what a real job is, they have Assistants that basically do everything for them but wipe there own butt, all they do is make the occasional speach and vote when they feel like it, the rest of the time their worrying about who's gonna win the next round of Golf they play and where their going on their next month long vactation. These guys live in a dilusional world and could care less about the People they are supposed to be representing. All that sign does is slap them in the face with a little bit of reality and I'm ok with that.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
[edit on 3/21/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chett

Reference: "Teabagger"

That particular terminology is actively being discussed by the Staff and a decision will be forthcoming

Thank you

Semper

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join