It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxins In Plastic (phthalates) Linked to Homosexuality and ADHD

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Ok ok, you gays finally get a break from me...it seems that its NOT your fault afterall.

Now a new study has found that altering the androgens of a fetus during early pregnancy -- this time by by-products of PVC (the plastic pipes found in most home plumbing) -- can not only alter the gender of the brain but can change the formation of the genitals in the newborn.
Phthalate Exposure Linked to Less-Masculine Play by Boys

A study of 145 preschool children reports in the International Journal of Andrology, for the first time, that when the concentrations of two common phthalates in mothers' prenatal urine are elevated their sons are less likely to play with male-typical toys and games, such as trucks and play fighting.

What's the big deal here? Well for years psychologists have looked for ways to predict homosexuality in children. They were trying to see at what age the child "chose" to be gay. One of the most reliable clues to homosexuality was detected in the types of toys and play activities that children preferred.

Because testosterone produces the masculine brain, researchers are concerned that fetal exposure to anti-androgens such as phthalates -- which are pervasive in the environment -- has the potential to alter masculine brain development, said lead author Shanna H. Swan, Ph.D., professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, director of the URMC Center for Reproductive Epidemiology, and an expert in phthalates.

"Our results need to be confirmed, but are intriguing on several fronts," Swan said cautiously. "Not only are they consistent with our prior findings that link phthalates to altered male genital development, but they also are compatible with current knowledge about how hormones mold sex differences in the brain, and thus behavior. We have more work to do, but the implications are potentially profound." www.viewzone.com...

[edit on 16-3-2010 by joey_hv]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
[SNIP, sorry, but your first line says it all , refering to "you gays", if this was something racial, woudl you refer to people as "you blacks" ????
Im not gay, but its blatently obvious you dont like them and are trying to make exuces for them and their life choices, which confuses the hell outa me?!?!

their were gay people going about scince the dawn of time dude, face it, its normal! .. you may not like it, but its normal and happened scince the dawn of time!

hell, i bet even jesus (if he existed) played the pink obe on occasion, mainly as all he ever did was walk about with a group of men (and did he have any kids?!?1 or a wife?!?!)

the worlds got anough hate and bullpoo about, does it really need any more.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by boaby_phet]

Removed personal insult

[edit on 16/3/10 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

ah...wrong on all points, every point you made is wrong. did you even read the article?
didn't think so.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Boaby is talking about your attitude towards "Homosexuals"

He is right you are quite arrogant and demean yourself through your posts!

Think about what you have posted... Seriously!

Some people will take offence to what you have said!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Actually, no he isn't. Gay people have been around since the beginning of recorded human history, well before any plastics or other pollutants ever got into the environment.

In ancient Greece and Rome for example, it was considered quite normal for grown men (and women too) to have younger men (or women) as "close friends" and there wasn't the stigma attatched to being gay as there has been since the rise of Christianity (and other Abrahamic faiths).

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It seems there are more gays than there were in my youth. This could be due to the loss of the stigma we had placed on them or, the hormonal effects of phthalates. Or maybe being gay is just a fad.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ok, yes gays have been around for ever so if the results stated in this article is correct the question is, are MORE gays being created by our addiction to plastics?

(didn't mean any disrespect to all the gays at ATS, I apologize if it came across as such)

[edit on 16-3-2010 by joey_hv]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Edited to remove post because opening post was modified. Thanks.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I'm more sympathetic to the idea that plastics leaching into the water supply are affecting male genital development than I am about it causing homosexuality. I read a Swedish medical study a few years ago which suggested there had been a statistically significant increase in the number of boys born with small and/or malformed genitalia, that this had happened since the rise of consumerism and plastics in the 1960's. But they left open the possibility of other causes.

As to boys and their toys ... I see no correlation whatever there. I know a few gay men who are as macho as the next straight guy and who played with soldiers, tanks, guns etc in their childhood.

Like boaby_phet says (nice name, by the way, how appropriate), homosexuality has been the norm since way back. You only have to read about ancient Rome & Greece to know that.

Joey, where do you think that leaves gays now ? If your story is true then they've been the victims of a massive injustice, they're as damaged mentally as the thalidomide children were physically. Doesn't your story mean that gay men are due massive amounts of financial compensation from the chemicals giants for this supposed disability of theirs ? (I'm playing devils advocate here).

And Joey ... try to be more diplomatic, nicht wahr ? It opens more doors.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well that's certainly interesting.

I look forward to the peer review process with this, if it ever does take place. Look as far as I am concerned I was always gay, I never made a conscious decision that I can remember.

But science is science, and as we move forward we will find more proof that our environment influences these kinds of things. People have to realize that we are purposely poisoned by our food manufacturer's in conjunction with the pharmaceutical industry.

There will always be more problems caused by what we eat and what we are exposed to until we move past the disgusting society we have today.

Good find OP, a little more food for thought concerning the topic of homosexuality.

Edit To Add: Don't worry about your opening comments either. A little funny never hurt anybody.

~Keeper

[edit on 3/16/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
to the OP: you came off as homophobic when reading your post, maybe you can change the wording if you want.

it is true that gay people have been around since dawn of time, its even prevalent in other species in the animal kingdom but the thing is there is a link in the amount of estrogens in the environment and rise of homosexuality in modern times. i think the study is on the right path.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Hi joey_hv.
You might find this thread interesting:
Gender-Bender Chemicals are Turning Boys Into Girls

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeanvaljean
reply to post by joey_hv

Hi joey_hv.
You might find this thread interesting:
Gender-Bender Chemicals are Turning Boys Into Girls

Yes a good read. I read it prior to posting this thread. And it is a different study and different article but they they back eachother up.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

And it is a different study and different article but they they back eachother up.

My point exactly. It clarifies the intent of your thread, which could be misconstrued because of your unfortunate wording at the start.

Edited for weird preposition.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by jeanvaljean]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jeanvaljean

i agree, i think we need to spread the word about the castration going on.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
if I have read it right, the philates or whatever they are spelled, kind of mimic estrogen. and well, that is kind of common really. our use of birth control pills floods it into our rivers and streams.
so, plastics wouldn't be needed to upset the gender indentity, just an over population of females and sewage that is added to the water supply without any kind of treatment.

still say that homosexuality is just mother nature's reaction to overpopulation.

which means it's really quite natural and beneficial...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by boaby_phet

wow... so you think you will get him to see your side of things by calling him an idiot...idiot! sorry i don`t think you`re an idiot I just couldn`t help it. I have a twisted sense of justice... And you shouldn`t be surprised because he made it clear he was anti gay by saying they were "finally getting a break" from him. And yeah it may offend some people but it`s called freedom of speech and he could have been a lot worse if he wanted to. Where does it say that even if I don`t agree with a certain lifestyle or sexual preference that I still can only say nice things about them? Did anyone tell you that you have to say only nice and cuddly things about transgenders, or those who like beastiality or pedophilia?[SNIP] (This guy`s probly gonna say that gays arent hurting anyone like people who like beastiality and pedophiles so thats not a fair comparison. Well pay attention, I didnt say child molestors or animal abusers... for example, someones PREFERENCE could be pedophilia or beastiality. And I know this is gross, but it happens and ignoring it won`t solve anything or help us understand the processes involved. And it`s easy to say, "I don`t WANT to understand THAT!" But again, that won`t help protect our children or animals. That being said, there are pedophiles who do not molest. They only fantasize. They watch those videos with young looking actresses/actors. They have sex with adults and use their imaginations. The same could be said for beastiophiles. So, this is how I was reffering to pedophilia/beastiality... as a preference or lifestyle choice. And in case anyone is wondering, yes it does make me feel kinda dirty just typing those woprds that many times. but sometimes you have to force yourself to open your mind for the sake of research. and to prove a point, I suppose.)[SNIP] And as far as Jesus, ever hear of Mary Magdelene?.) [SNIP] "their" should be changed to "they`re.) [SNIP]! Since I can`t from my phone, would you add me to "friends"? serious why not? just cause we don`t agree?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Removed 4 instances of personal attacks

[edit on 16/3/10 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

and that is what has been happening. add to that all the other chemical estrogens.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by Ulala

Hey, good post. Just wanted to bring something to your attention. I may be wrong but I donnot think the OP was saying that guys playing with tanks wont be gay. I think what he was saying was that depending on what toys kids play with, they may be exposed to the kind of plastic that "makes you gay". As we know, plastic is used in almost all kids toys. A great way to make sure we are all introduced to this new and not very well understood substance which I believe also causes cancer especially when heated like in a microwave or when near boiling soup, tea or other hot foods are served in a plastic or styrofoam container.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

just to clarify, the OP wasn't "saying" this the OP was simply posting an article where scientist have done a study proving this.
(now carry on bashing me as a homophobe)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join