It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fictional zombie survival scenario.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hey All,

Here is a survival scenario that I have come up with for a fictional zombie apocalypse. Just respond with your answers and discuss....it took me a long time to come up with it, so please take the time to read and think out your answers. Thanks!

-truthseeker

You have a group of 6 survivors following a massive zombie outbreak across the globe. You are in a large midwestern town, and trying to escape with your life, and the lives of your groupmates. (EDIT: The zombies are the stereotypical slow, lumbering zombies. The source of the outbreak is still unknown, but so far the only way that they have determined to become a zombie is by a bite only). Here are the survivors names and traits:

You: You are the leader of the group, and the one that can rally everybody together. You are very brave and street smart, but know nothing of the things (outside of guns) that would help you survive a long term zombie apocalypse. You have a small survival pack with first aid kit, shotgun, 50 shotgun shells, 1 gallon of water, and a small package of power bars.

Samantha: Samantha is a 32 year old registered nurse and is trained in field medicine (basically anything a MASH unit nurse could do). She is not all that physically fit, but she can keep pace with the rest of the group. She carries on her person a portable trauma kit with everything to do an emergency field operation, a 9mm handgun, 16 round clip with 2 extra clips, 1 gallon of water, and a small pack of power bars.

Steven: Steven is a 54 year old semi-retired engineer who specialized in building fortifications and strengthening. He worked in L.A. during the great earthquakes to help make buildings withstand more of a jolt from a large earthquake. He is trained in welding, metalworking, metallurgy, and other skills associated with being a fortification engineer. He is fit for a 54 year old, and works out regularly. He has run the Boston Marathon 3 times. He carries on his person an 8 inch commando knife, a small acetylene torch with fuel, an authentic Samurai Sword that was given to him as a gift from a job that he did in Japan, a portable engineer's tool kit, 1 gallon of water, and a small pack of power bars.

Sarah: Sarah is a 17 year old high school senior who was on the gymnastics team before the zombie apocalypse broke out. She is extremely agile and limber and also has a black belt in Tae Kwan Do. She is extremely fit and can run at full sprint for long distances. She carries on her person a hunting rifle with scope that she took from her dead father, 30 rounds, 1 gallon of water, and a 2 pound bag of trail mix.

Joshua: Joshua is a 21 year old college football player. He is extremely muscular and strong. His major is electrical engineering. He worked for his father's electric company while he was in high school and has a good knowledge base of electrical wiring from homes to cars. He carries on his person an aluminum baseball bat, 8 inch commando knife, small electrician's kit, shotgun with 30 shells, 1 gallon of water and a 5 cans of canned fruits and vegetables.

George: George is a 61 year old farmer. He's worked hard his entire life, and while old, he is not frail. His friends and colleagues in the farming community have said that he can grow anything he wants in any kind of soil that he has available. He has an intrinsic first hand knowledge of crop production, sustainable crops, irrigation, natural foods (stuff you would find in the woods), animal hunting (including trap making, snares, etc.), natural water purification, and a moderate knowledge of veterinary first aid. He is accompanied by Scout, a 10 year old German Shepherd that has learned to sniff out zombies and to dig up viable food sources in the wild. He carries on his person an 8 inch commando knife, a double barrel shotgun with 100 rounds, a 9mm pistol 16 round clip with 2 clips, seed packets containing corn, wheat, oat, tomatoes, and peas, 1 gallon of water, 2 pounds of beef jerky, eight 1/2 pound potatoes, and a small retractable shovel.

Here's the scenario: You and your group have escaped the midwestern town with everybody in tact. There's a problem, however. The zombies are advancing at an insurmountable rate. The roads are congested with wrecked cars, and the only way to escape is through the corn fields that surround the town. While escaping, Samantha has sprained her ankle, which has slowed down your group considerably. George is complaining of not being able to breathe properly, and the zombies are slowly encroaching on your hideaway in the fields. Given these circumstances, who would you leave behind (if anybody), what would you do, and why?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I would first shoot Josh because he might screw up my chances with sarah, and i want his fruit and shotgun. Then i would go up and hit george (away from the others) with the bat, when he comes after me i would talk to samantha and tell her that george is suffering from dementia in his old age and we need to give him something to calm him down. I would then make him take 10x the ammount he should take so he would walk around like a zombie then tell steven geroge has turned and to put him down. Latter that night i would smother cheese on steven becuase samantha is hat she would smell it and start licking it off of him. I would then tell sarah that samantha has turned and since steven was bit he needs to go to. With noone but sarah left we would go back into the shelter for the night. She would say i just need to grab some clothes then Chris Hansen from date line would come in and tell me that im on his TV show. I would try to run away but the cops and zombies would try to get me as a ran out. the end.

edit to add:
Or i would be the good black guy. The good black guy pretty much always lives till the end. Or i would be a horse, zombies do not eat animals and i would run with a few survivors on my back, i would still trample josh because even as a hourse i still have a chance.
S&F i liked it

[edit on 4-3-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Who would I leave behind?
At this point no-one.

What would I do?

Pick up Sam and Richard and carry them (sharing the load between the more abled bodied of course).
If carried right the weight of a person actually isn't that cumbersome over decent distances.
Wouldn't be the first time I've lugged out a wounded friend from the bush, or carried a heavy load (deer, boar) etc through rough terrian for long distances. Its all about weight distribution.

Where possible I'd have the remaining 2 members of the group, armed with the shotguns and 9mm, ahead and behind in case we move straight into a pack of Zombies.

Why?
Until the Zombies are right on us, then I wouldn't be overly quick to leave anyone.
If they were right on us, well, I probably wouldn't even waste a bullet and do the 'humane' thing to putting one in the wounded members of the group...hate to say it, but alive they'd serve as much needed distraction and diversion, give the closest Zombies something to gnaw on while the rest of us bail.

Essentially I'd certainly do everything I could to save every person of the group - thats just me.

But, the other part of me is that IF it looks like death is immenient - and given I'm guessing my own family, wife and child are dead, so I wouldn't really give too flying hoots about much any more - I'd just as likely snatch up the sword and the knife and go have some fun with the approaching cast of Thriller...as well, my very reason for living would be gone...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well leaving a medically trained person behind as zombie chow isn't good long term! Having a dog that could smell rots coming is helpful in your scenario. Me thinks that helping the injured nurse to the edge of the field and then setting it on fire might be fun
I'd be surprised if adrenaline wouldn't allow her to run under her own power.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Easy as this

Take a hummer or any sort of jeep and drive it trough the corn field

Bet you didn't see that coming

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by noobsauce13
Easy as this

You obviously didn't read the scenario closely enough. I stated that all the roads were clogged with traffic and that you have to go by foot traffic. Please think out your responses before posting, because you are only wasting bandwidth with that type of answer.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

Well you said it was fictional. I would kill a few zombies, once i hit level 10 i would be able to summon a pegasus and fly away to safety, or just 16 feet off the ground and watch the zombies eat everyone else that could not summon creatures due to class restrictions.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

Well you said it was fictional. I would kill a few zombies, once i hit level 10 i would be able to summon a pegasus and fly away to safety, or just 16 feet off the ground and watch the zombies eat everyone else that could not summon creatures due to class restrictions.

Yes. Fictional within the confines of our current reality, with the addition of zombies. I think you understood the post, but you are continuing to be a troll with your responses.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984

Originally posted by noobsauce13
Easy as this

You obviously didn't read the scenario closely enough. I stated that all the roads were clogged with traffic and that you have to go by foot traffic. Please think out your responses before posting, because you are only wasting bandwidth with that type of answer.

Obviously you didn't read the scenario close enough. Does it say you cannot take a hummer or a jeep through the fields???

I DON'T THINK SOO!!!

[edit on 4-3-2010 by noobsauce13]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
first have samantha treat her own condition
next have samantha evaluate and treat george's breathing problems.
if he's infected with the zombie plague, give him enough meds to be comfortable till it won't matter anymore and request that he seek shelter away from the group for their own safety.
meanwhile, have steven weave a hammock type carrier from corn stalks. then, when samantha is done caring for george and herself,
have joshua and sarah carry samantha in the makeshift

[edit on 4-3-2010 by undo]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Well in all reality i would never be cought dead in a corn field with two old guys, a fat nurse and jail bait. I would run faster than everyone but i would still shoot josh on principle. If there is a cornfield there is a barn. I would steal a horse and ride back to laugh josh's shotgun mouthwash i gave him and the other survivors that are running and screaming.
edit to add:
I would probably steal all the pain meds before i ditched that group of losers. Who you callin a troll i gave you the only star and flag you ungreatfull person. Did i screw up your old dudes, fat nurse, jail bait and football player fantasy or somtin?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

you're already a zombie. you don't count.

*ducks*

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oh i remember this one.
***Spoiler alert***
Sarah is a dude and george is a ghost, now it kinda makes sense like why did everyone act like the did not see him.

You could also get good old muscular josh to carry sarah, tell george to stop being a baby and then set fire to the cornfield using the torch and rubbing alcohol from the first aid kit. The fire would buy you hours and once you got out of the cornfield you could shoot josh eat the dog.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Too cool, am reading "Twilight of the Dead" by Travis Adkins!!!!

Anyway, you did say a corn field - right? Am assuming we are ahead of the zombies in this scenerio and are hunkered down, and knowing my luck, we are on the back forty of the farm and nowhere near the farmhouse... would have samantha treat george (?) for breathing while wrapping her ankle. Set fire to the corn field, would do one of two things, distract any zombies from behind (if fire goes in that direction) or clear a path ahead. Either way, have half a chance. samantha would need to "nut" up and hope like heck george isnt having a heart attack - cuz if we get to a place where we can fortify for any length of time - I cant grow a darn thing...

Good one Truthseeker!!!

Casing

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
In my years as a survivalist I have read about these zombies from time to time.
Is this something I truly need to prepare for?
I mean, I feel pretty well prepared for tornadoes, power outages, riots, armageddon, well, most Sit X's.
But I must say, I feel ill-prepared to deal with a zombie outbreak.

Any advice on how to zombie proof my bunker?
Special requirements for the bug bag, bug vehic, bug vest.
Any rounds that have more zombie penetration than others?

Help me. I NEED to be prepared

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

Well unicorns are sure fire, zombies just stay away from them because they are their natural predator but the can be expensive. The next best thing you can do is carve small wooden ones and hang them all along the property about 4 feet apart. Some zombie professionals say 4 feet apart and some say 5 feet. I have been zombie proofing houses for 20 years now and i have even gotten away with putting woodcorns (industry term for wooden unicorns) up to 15 feet apart without incident.My company has a prooven record of zombie protection and we have a double your money back guarantee. Zombie proofing can get pretty pricey, if it is out of your price range just ask us about our "2012 personal loans" no interest no payments till 2012.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Zaiger, stop trolling my threads. This is the first and last time I'm going to tell you.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Well first considering that these 2 women might be the last on earth. The most important people are probably the ones that are injured, so they are key for survival. What I would do is shoot josh in the foot with a shotgun so he has no chance to run away. That would serve as a distraction to the zombies as me and others and injured move away to the barn house. While inside me and sarah will pull security while george and samantha rest while steven barricades the barn. Hopefully the zombies don't know our location and basically move on. After that me and george will go on scouting missions every now and then for food. possibly use the fields to grow our own fresh produce. Then once the 2 females realize that we may be the last people on earth, they will want to reproduce... SCORE! I am the only fit male in the group who can actually do it without pills. I will be reproducing with 2 females at the same time! zombie apocalypse ftw

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
can i steal a truck and then ride through corn field???

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by comfly
can i steal a truck and then ride through corn field???

Reread the post...you missed an important point. ALL THE ROADS ARE CLOGGED. It makes it impossible to use vehicular traffic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join