It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look close..what do you see?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I could look at an orange and convince myself that it is an apple.

If you want to take a picture of a real extra terrestrial then come to Chicago. I will let anyone photograph me for free. I will also answer any questions openly and honestly about where I come from.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

I'm not sure if it's got a serious face...or just a creepy smile...
That picture was the first one I enhanced and I thought at first that it could be a mask of sorts. But the face is not the same in all of the pictures. And the heads seem to be turned in all sorts of directions. I think I got a pretty good profile shot of one of them. That's the major thing that has me convinced they aren't just toys. They were moving and making different faces.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

Seems you have already convinced yourself it is an "it", as in a "being".

That's not good unless we know enough to verify that fact.

Why not concentrate on trying to discover more about this anomoly before jumping to conclusions?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

"It" has eyes, a nose, a mouth, a really big head, and it is supposedly in a space ship... How should I refer to it?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
OP, compelling case.

more color analysis-

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I don't think she is jumping to conclusions, I think that based on what she knows about it and the evidence at hand she believes it is an alien gray.

In fact I am inclined to agree. At least until evidence suggests otherwise or someone comes up with a more logical explanation as to what we are looking at.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Not
quite.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Thank you. As I said before...I thought it a hoax at first. But I took the time to examine the material and now I think otherwise.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
reply to post by nerbot

"It" has eyes, a nose, a mouth, a really big head, and it is supposedly in a space ship... How should I refer to it?

You see what you want to see.

"It" may "look" like it has eyes to you, that doesn't mean it HAS.
"It" may "look" like it has a nose to you, that doesn't mean it HAS.
"It" may "look" like it has a really big head to you, that doesn't mean it HAS.
"It" may "look" like it is supposedly in a spaceship to you, that doesn't mean it IS in a spaceship.

You should refer to this from the point of view that it is still unknown and an anomoly, but hey.... you're a "believer" and among friends judging by the stars so roll with it.
If you can prove it is what you think it is then it's a different matter, but I get the feeling this will remain as it is now...unsolved, and that doesn't make it an alien ship with extraterrestrials onboard.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
reply to post by karl 12

That is neat!
Thanks for sharing. I've never seen that before.

Hey Ventessa, thanks for the reply -theres a good documentary about the case here and the interview with the Dorothy Izatt is around 1:23:16 - theres also some interesting viewing about the Allagash incident around 22:30 and that is a freaky one.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Here is what I see:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/110f379524f0.gif[/atsimg]

Daddy, mom and baby.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by One Step Beyond...

lol, cute.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Just curious, Ventessa...

What enlarging algorithm did you use?
What happened when you tried others? (Bicubic, Lanczos, SARS, etc.)
What other post-processing did you do, and what had been done prior to your effort?
What is the actual amount of enlargement?
How did you justify enlargement beyond 100%, and what did you expect to happen?
What level of jpeg compression was used in the frames?
How do you explain the very clear 'laddering' and other squared off shapes, and why did you only highlight shapes that had 'promise'?
What results do you get when you apply the exact same processing steps to other images - where are your 'control' images?

Finally, what other image analysis have you done, and do you know what pareidolia means?

And, do you think that perhaps this topic might be a little more complex than you realise?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

I'm just gonna take a stab in the dark here so forgive me if I'm wrong...
Your questions are somewhat valid. IF your speaking to an image analyst or graphic artist.
Which judging by her previous posts she is not. Sorry if I'm wrong it's just a guess.

Not that I'm jumping in to defend her but your post comes off in a condescending manner considering shes just trying to share her point of view with the rest of us. Isn't that what ATS is about?

Just cause you don't see what she, and half of the other posters (not to mention a good chunk of ATS) see doesn't mean it's pareidolia.

Perhaps you lack the imagination to think of the possibility?
That's all it is really is a possibility. At least until proven one way or the other which is why were all here anyway right?

Maybe if you ask nice she will send you the screen caps she took and you can put the expertise you claim to have to good use. I also posted the video in question on page one if you would like to get it for yourself.

Lastly if this topic is too complex for us perhaps you can enlighten us as to what we're looking at in the video.

No disrespect intended.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CHRLZ

Sir, I am so NOT a professional. Never claimed to be one. I used gimp, and that's about as much as I can tell you. I just played with the screenshots out of curiosity, found what I thought looked like a grey, and posted it so other people could see, and come to their own conclusions.
Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Thank you.
You're correct.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Sometimes all the "image analyzing " in the world wont discern the true nature of an image... there are cases in which our gut feeling supersedes the pixel count.. I agree with the OP that there's more here than meets the eye, thanks for bringing' this one back up.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i see nothing...and as for that "no hilight / hilight" picture...i could make it look like anything if i put some dots and dashes on there.

totally ridiculous in every sense of the word.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Alter-Ego

Thank you. And if anyone else would like to give this a try, all you need to do is play with it in a photoshop, or gimp program. Adjust the light, enlarge it, and just watch closely. You can see even in smaller images, that something is there, and it moves. I only posted a small amount of the pictures I looked at yesterday. I didn't come to my conclusion after only three images...it took many of them to come to the conclusion that there was something going on in the pics. I saw many different facial expressions, and movements of the heads. I saw the "beings" in many different locations in the window or what ever it is. My guess it that from a distance they don't appear to move because they are so far away, but when you get a closer look, it's obvious they do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join